“Don't Bother....”

Fearing's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Fearing's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 3,626 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Southwestern
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Cross street: Pearl and McKinney
Description: #1 in the U.S. (Zagat-rated 2009). Elevated American Cuisine - global flair with the unmistakable signature of one of Southwest Cuisine's founding fathers, Celebrity Chef Dean Fearing. Rare wines, outstanding cocktails and plenty of local favorites.
Richardson, Texas
“Don't Bother....”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My girlfriends took me here for my 50th birthday dinner. We were sat in the very back of the restaurant, almost inside the waiter's serving station. The waiter and "staff" of helpers were extremely arrogant, had trouble answering a simple question from the wine list and overall inattentive. We had to ask for water several time. The food is all smoky - nothing special and all ends up tasting the same. Will not go back.....

• Visited February 2013

New York, NY
“Expected greatness but was let down”
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

I am familiar with Chef Fearing from the Mansion so when I heard he moved from the Ritz I was excited to try his new restaurant. The staff was very nice and the Chef's visit was unexpected but the amount of staff just roaming the restaurant watching over each table was annoying. I do like a full glass of water but having managers walk by every 2 min and just stand there watching over the room is odd. The meal was good but I expected more of an exotic meal with exciting flavors. It was not worth the money and the patrons in the bar made it feel very sleazy (old men/ young women/ ladies of the night).

Visited May 2013
“Failed to meet expectations”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We dined at Fearing’s on our last night in Dallas after presumably eating over the course of 9 days at some of Dallas’s best. The point was to save the best for last. We’d had better.

First, our greeting at the hostess desk was disappointing. There were two young women standing at the outside station. One was attired in very casual dress,entirely inappropriate given the Ritz Carlton setting and the attire of guests. The welcome was ungracious and indifferent.

We began with cocktails, both good. I had the tortilla soup and was less than impressed. It’s addictive in that it stimulates endorphins, but it failed to measure up to its reputation. My partner’s barbequed oysters were good. Lobster and filet were good but nothing noteworthy. The sampler was tasty, except for the barbequed duck tamale: The ratio of meat to corn was too low.

For dessert, we had the banana pudding, which was very good, and the popcorn cake, which was unrefined and poorly prepared. The cake lacked flavour, the popcorn garnish was almost burned, and the theatre candy tasted like off the shelf. We had debated ordering the chocolate mousse bombe and our server very graciously brought us one of the fired chocolate fried pies to sample. I’m glad we didn’t order it.

Dean Fearing came by our table, as he did others, to say hello and we also saw him on the line. It’s a nice touch to meet the chef.

Our cost including 2 glasses of wine exclusive of tip and tax was $181.00, which I thought was very fair.

I'm giving this 4 circles, but just barely.

Mt. Vernon
“Awsome”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Had lunch at Fearing's today. Best food in dallas. Service was very good. My wife had tortilla soup(cup- need to request a cup) and fried quail on cobb salad. She said it was best ever.

I had lobster bisque which was great then salmon entree which was super.

Down side is that it is expensive but worth the price. Starter $8 -!2; entrees $18-22(Lunch)

Note valet parking is free.

Will go back

Grand Prairie, Texas
“Grand Experience”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Everything one would expect from the longest tenured American Chef in the Dallas Area. 30 years and still setting the standard by which all others are judged.

• Visited May 2013

Been to Fearing's Restaurant? Share your experiences!