“Our Christmas dinner favorite!”

Fearing's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Fearing's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 3,690 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Southwestern
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Cross street: Pearl and McKinney
Description: #1 in the U.S. (Zagat-rated 2009). Elevated American Cuisine - global flair with the unmistakable signature of one of Southwest Cuisine's founding fathers, Celebrity Chef Dean Fearing. Rare wines, outstanding cocktails and plenty of local favorites.
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went to this beautiful and elegant restaurant over the Christmas holidays. We went on a fixed menu night so their regular items were not an option. This is a big splurge for us so we were concerned initially that we would not get the full experience because of the fixed menu options...boy were we wrong!

First you are greeted with a beautiful bar that alone would be worth the visit to this place. Remember you are in the lobby of a Ritz Carlton in downtown Dallas, so unless you dress to impress you will feel out of place! Then the staff take you to your table and you are met with staff in fairly common dress...the nosh items come to the table (awesome cracker type items and a basket of bread that includes a cornbread muffin I would walk ten miles for)

The chef himself makes an appearance and is a very charming person...you feel special from the time you walk in to the last bite of food! We are going to put this place on our "frequent" category!

You will not be disappointed by the menu! Try to get a seat by the window...the views of the restaurant inside and out seem better from there!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Great restaurant. Loved the armosphere. Could go casual, as the waiters, or dressed up and still feel comfortable. Sommelier suggested a fabulous med. priced burgundy to start. Oysters were great as was bisque. Filet, one of the best I ever had, chix fried lobster, not so much. Prefer just about any other way. Husband had Antelope, good, and rabbit tortillas, a little too spicy. Excellent peanut butter mousse dessert and coffee. Pricey but definitely worth it..

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I had the famous tortilla soup here and it is that good. The ingredients are in the bowl on the bottom and then they pour the soup over the top so it has that fresh taste. Fresh fish flown in same day was great.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Not at all what I expected and in a good way. I love 5 star restaurants and even stuffy ones. Traveled with my two teenagers and this was simply the most accomadating 5 star dining experience I've ever encountered. The reservation was confirmed 3 times and we got our request in Dean's Kitchen, center table.Greated by the warm staff including manager and the executive chef, by name. Wow, I finally impressed my teenagers. I love the lack of 5 courses. Great appetizers, I enjoyed the Fois Gras. Main were well varied and do be bold here. Buffalo and Antelope are somewhat hard to find, not gamey and definatley well crafted. They even toned down my son's order for dinner as he has simplier tastes. Supplied the kids with a fantastic drink from what looks like a wine bottle, with thier compliments, just so the kids felt included as mom and dad enjoyed some wine. Great wines by the glass, if you don't want to order a bottle. Quite simply a fantastic dinner. Fantastic food, lots of very friendly staff and as needed with kids even a little familar. By the way, do share everything and don't skip the dessert. Dean has done a great job of delivering the Ritz Carlton quality in a very relaxing, but proper atmosphere. We'll return when we are in Dallas again. Can't wait!

1  Thank DABLAB
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This meal was one of the best we have ever had. Started with a nice chilled martini followed by barbecued quail and barbecued oysters as appetizers that we shared followed by a peppercorn buffalo tenderloin that was scumptious. We could not stop there. We then had banana pudding with an espresso martini. We had a table by the window that overlooked a fountain. Great food! Great service and Great table.

Been to Fearing's Restaurant? Share your experiences!