“Without question, the best meals I have ever had at a restaurant!”

Fearing's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Fearing's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 3,748 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Southwestern
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Cross street: Pearl and McKinney
Description: #1 in the U.S. (Zagat-rated 2009). Elevated American Cuisine - global flair with the unmistakable signature of one of Southwest Cuisine's founding fathers, Celebrity Chef Dean Fearing. Rare wines, outstanding cocktails and plenty of local favorites.
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We have been at Fearing's on a few occasions, for various reasons (drinks, dinner, just deserts) and have always found it to be an amazing experience. We are working our way through the various "dining experiences" that one can have at this restaurant!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

This was my second visit to Fearings - our first one year ago was the most memorable experience ever. This visit, not so much. No complaints on the food - it was excellent. However, when you have to ask the waitstaff if you can order, something is not right for this caliber of restaurant. The service seemed very disjointed; waiters not sure of their their responsibilities. In addition, we were seated next to the kitchen (even tho reservations were made over a month ago) which was interesting for about 15 minutes, then became very noisy and overwhelming when trying to converse with our dinner guests whom we had not seen since our last visit to Fearings. Will re return? Remains to be seen - there are too many high quality restaurants in Dallas to settle for mediocre service.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband had a convention to attend in the Dallas/Fort Worth area so I decided to tag along for the weekend and based in reviews from TripAdvisor, we decided to go to Fearing's as one of our dinner places. Luckily we reserved through Open Table and when our plane got delayed for 2 hrs, it was easy to push back the reservation. The ambiance is very hip and modern, it seems to be geared towards the yuppie crowd with nobody in wearing anything less formal than a suit jacket. We were greeted by our server (I should say servers because we had many different ones throughout the night) who was very knowledgeable with the wine menu. Dean Fearing was making his rounds at the restaurant and is a very approachable person. He mentioned that he had a new menu out tonight and hope we enjoyed it. We ordered the sampler of crabcakes, tamales and tacos, my husband ordered the rib eye and I ordered the bay scallops. The servers were wonderful in splitting our appetizers into 2 plates as well. The food was beautifully presented and absolutely delicious! The rice with my scallops was amazing and full of flavour. Dean came by again near the end of our meal and we told him how much we loved the rice; he said that he got the inspiration from his trip to India and when he tasted the Marsala and ghee, he knew that it was going to be in his next dish - love hearing that kind of inspiration in a chef. It was s delicious dinner and I'm so glad we got to try this restaurant during our trip. I definitely recommend this place to anybody!

Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Amazing dinner. Service was top notch and very attentive. Food was fantastic, and had a splash of southwest flair. Desserts were the highlight IMHO. Chef came out to great us as a nice touch. Wine list was solid and broad. Would certainly go back next time I am in town.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Everything was great each time we ate there but the Paper Bag Fried Chicken was exceptional! It was the best fried chicken we had ever had!

The service was friendly and for dessert get the banana pudding