“Matagordo sauce!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of S & D Oyster Co

S & D Oyster Co
Ranked #79 of 3,560 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Charlotte, NC
“Matagordo sauce!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

I visited with associates from work during a business trip. The seafood was good - I had fried trout, and experienced my first raw oysters. The matagordo sauce (a mix of mayo, peppers, horseradish) was a nice find. Really good service, and a beautiful old building made for an overall enjoyable dining experience. The only negative was the hush puppies. They were a little dry and lacked flavor.

• Visited August 2013

Camden, Maine
“Consistently great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I've been a customer here for 35 years and it never disappoints. Excellent service and reasonably priced food.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Nick W
“Delicious food!!! Kinda pricey...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Ate here with family while on vacation. Small town "local" atmosphere, clean, excellent service, excellent food... I thought kinda pricey though. My husband and I both had fried oysters, my 13 yr old had a shrimp sandwich and my 5 yr old had a hamburger... Our total was almost $80.... I thought that was expensive considering.... But the food was really great. Large place capable of seating many. We ate there on a Friday night and literally had no wait, even though the place looked packed... And I stress-- great service, great food, great family atmosphere.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank clmilam
Dallas, Texas
“Fabulous Fried Shrimp”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I grew up on the Texas Gulf Coast and know something about tasty fried shrimp. We ate here again during the July 4th weekend, and realized anew that you can get fabulous seafood even in landlocked Dallas. Fried with a delicate crust and served with fries, hushpuppies, and slaw. Good -- but unpretentious -- wine offerings. Prompt and attentive service; simply cannot be beat!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Texas
“Best Shrimp in Dallas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

This little place is worth waiting in line to get in to, and at lunch time if your not early you will. I had the Fried Shrimp and Orysters Combo Plate, by far the best seafood in Dallas/Ft. Worth hands down. The S & D Oyster Co. is located in an Historic Landmark Building that was a Grocery Store since back in the horse and buggy days, parking can be challanging, but you will not regret the effort, when you taste the food and experience the outstanding service of this step back to a time when quality and service really meant something. I know I'll be back when ever I'm in Dallas.

• Visited February 2013