“Really Rude Host”

Toulouse Cafe and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Toulouse Cafe and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #99 of 3,734 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Belgian, French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Reviewed December 29, 2013

This is one of my favorite restaurants but if it had been the first time I had gone, it would be the last time. I told the host, Serge, that I didn't want to sit in the back of the restaurant by the restrooms and he very rudely told me that I'd have to wait 45 min. to an hour. I then asked him to show me what table he had in mind for my party of five and he told me I had better decide or he was going to give away my table. Five of us sat at a table for four, in the back. I saw three bigger tables in the area I requested, open up fifteen minutes after we were sat.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

We literally stumbled upon this restaurant. I'm so glad we did. We ate here for brunch and it was excellent. It started with super friendly and attentive service. We ate outside at our request and were given suggestions about the menu. I had the best French toast. Delicious!! The menu had several great choices so I had a hard time deciding. Menu prices were certainly reasonable given the food quality. I was too full to eat the beignets...too bad. If I lived in Dallas, I would go there again and again

1  Thank tep1
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Dallas has so few restaurants that have that charm of a neighborhood hangout that readily welcomes all comers. Terrific indoor and outdoor seating options at the end of Knox next to the Katy Trail create a sense of place with the feel it has served generations of customers.

The food is well prepared and prices reasonable. The steak and frittes, mussels, french onion and lobster bisque soups were all outstanding. The chopped salad with shrimp and trout almandine also looked very tasty.

The front of the house is warm and welcoming and service attentive with a bit of French attitude but not in an off putting way.

A great option for al fresco dining as fall days arrive.

1  Thank Greg K
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Went there with some friends for dinner. The location was very nice, near the Katy Trail. If it weren't so hot, we would have eaten outside. The food was very good and they accomodated our Gluten-Free needs well. I loved the Nicoise salad - one of the best I had outside of Nice. The ambiance was very nice - felt close to being in France. All in all, an excellent experience and we will be returning.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Go with your dog or go to watch many others walk on the trail with their dogs. Enjoy a great cup of coffee, an omelette or bagel with lox and start your weekend off well!