“Wednesday lunch”

Toulouse Cafe and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Toulouse Cafe and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #93 of 3,656 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Belgian, French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My friend and I had a birthday lunch here. The waiter was more prompt than the food was, but it was not a long wait. He recommended a daily special, Risotto with shrimp, salmon, and mussels, which was very good. He also recommended beignet filled with apple and a cinnamon-sugar glazed topping with ice cream. I highly recommend it. Ratio of women to men at lunch was about 30 to 1, which did not bother me in the least!

The sign on the valet stand says $5 at dinner. So at lunch time you can get away with tipping a couple of dollars.

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Palomar Hotel to visit the George W Bush Library and decided to try this restaurant for Sunday Brunch. We were able to walk to the restaurant via the Katy Trail. It was a nice 25 minute stroll. We were lucky to get a table in the air conditioned sidewalk dining area. My husband had the soft shell crab sandwich which was excellent and I had the eggs Benedict also great. We enjoyed it so much we went back for dinner! I would recommend reservations - and if you want to drive it's less than 5 minutes from the hotel and they have valet parking for $5.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Toulouse is a very nice surprise in Dallas, a perfectly nice and reasonably authentic bistro setting with sidewalk dining, enclosed during the hot season.

There's a very nice wine list that even had my favorite value chardonnay, Chateau St. Jean. The lunch menu was quite complete and our appetizer choice of escargots could not have been more rich and tasty. A soft shell crab sandwich entree, however, did leave something to be desired. Unimaginatively positioned in a bun with lettuce and tomato it seemed to be a rather thoughtless and taste free presentation. Next time another entree choice.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Delicious salads, lobster bisque, and desserts...not to mention the wine. Try to get a table on the covered porch for optimum people watching on Knox street.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

maybe it was a bad day? waiter conspicuous by his absence, every thing i wanted, including stuff we had already ordered i had to go find the manager to get. they weren't that busy. one guy poured water onto my food, another guy dropped a greasy knife on my shirt. the wait for the food was very long. they had no jam or marmelade, just some nasty strawberry compote stuff. part of my order never came.
the food when it came was good.
i wasnt paying the bill or would have left no tip - i am a big tipper.
was sposed to be a special occasion, but not in this way.
yuk