“Fabulous choice!”

Toulouse Cafe and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Toulouse Cafe and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 3,580 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: French, European
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
“Fabulous choice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

I had been looking for a restaurant close to the Hyatt on Commerce. I was taking a dozen folks to dinner and didn't want to choose a steak house!

Toulouse was the perfect choice - the service was wonderful, the food delicious AND it was very reasonable...

We were inside but the patio doors were open so the atmosphere was wonderful...

• Visited November 2012

Greenville, SC
“Good but not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

Dinner at Toulouse mid week. Not crowded or loud as mentioned in other reviews. The food was good but nothing outstanding. Atmosphere was nice as we sat. The service was not overly personal although everything was delivered correctly and timely. A little disappointed in the wine selection although the prices were reasonable. The Dover sole prepared atthe table was nice. Would go back a second time based on other reviews.

• Visited October 2012
Austin, TX
“Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

I love a french bistro and this place fits the bill. Whether you sit inside or outside, the atmosphere is casual and inviting. Service is always friendly and knowledgable and you will want for nothing. The menu is the right size and has varied offerings from mussels and escargot to steak and frites, but always check out their specials. Every time I visit Dallas I make sure to eat at this establishment.

Visited October 2012
texas
“Slice of Paris in Dallas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

It's been a long time since we had a restaurant experience that was awesome from start to finish. The atmosphere is just like many wonderful favorites we have in Paris. We loved the outdoor seating area! Inside is just as lovely. Great bar and bartenders! We were seated inside near the patio so it was the best of both worlds. Service was outstanding! We were never rushed to leave like most places these days. We had the foie gras, the toulouse salad, short ribs and the duck confit!! It makes my mouth water just writing this. Everything was impeccable! Oh and we also enjoyed the soufflé for dessert. French 75's to start, with wine in between. So wonderful!! Our waiter had the perfect recommendations for what wines are best suites to our choices. There's absolutely nothing they could have done to make this a better experience. LOVE this PLACE!

• Visited September 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Great food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

I have been in Dallas for about 2 years and have been wanting to try Toulouse for a long time but was waiting for the right occasion. Now, I wish I had gone sooner. I went with five of my friends and we had a great time. For appetizers, we ordered the esgarot and vol au vents, both which were delicious. The vol au vents were hard to share, so would recommend that more for just two people, not six, but both were excellent. Several of us then ordered soup or salads for starters. The french onion soup was good, but didn't quite live up to the hype (especially compared to the rest of the meal).

For dinner, I ordered the diver sea scallops, which were perfect. I also loved the risotto side dish they came with and ate every bite. Everyone else seemed to enjoy their meals as well. For dessert, we decided to split the beignets, the chocolate fondant and the apple tart, all which were delicious but the chocolate fondant was a bit heavy and we couldn't finish it all.

Several of my friends also ordered cocktails and wine, which they said were excellent. This was a special celebration, so we weren't watching the budget and each spent around $50 but the food was well worth the price and you could get out of there for less if you wanted.

I would highly recommend this place for a special occasion or for a date. I am planning on taking my mother there when she comes to visit.

• Visited September 2012