“not worth the money”

Ranked #95 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
silsbee, United States
“not worth the money”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

no remote, heater not working well, bathroom and rooms very small, closet door doesn't open, maid decided to vacuum outside my door at 7am even with my DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door! review must have 200 characters! what a joke! nothing nice to say at all about this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Huntsville, Texas
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Rooms were very clean and comfortable. Not the newest hotel on the block but was the best in its price range. The staff are professional and provided great service. The breakfast area was clean and the food was good for a Hotel set up. Overall its cost, room quality, Staff, and breakfast set up make it a great pick for a traveler or business person on the go.

Room Tip: King size beds are a great plus.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Morris H
Lubbock, United States
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Our stay at this hotel was a very pleasant experience. The hotel had been renovated and was very clean and updated. The management and staff were very friendly and helpful. There was an adequate choice of items for breakfast and it was well maintained during the breakfast rush.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Lynda K
Reviewed January 16, 2014

This is my first negative hotel review, but I really could have used this info when looking for a hotel in Dallas. I stay in many different hotels when traveling and understand and expect lots of "variety", but this was unacceptable. For starters, of the 33 photos on the website, many things are shown, but they are careful to not show the doors leading to the rooms. That is because you enter the rooms from OUTSIDE. This would matter less to me had they owned it and showed that on their photos. Zero social skills and customer service from front desk personnel. The room that I reserved online was not what I was given. I was given an "accessable" room (handicapped equipped), and told that there were no other rooms available. Once I got into the room, the 1st set of keys that I was given didn't work, the room itself was tolerable, although the TV remote was dirty, the bed made excessive squeaking noises when sat/laid upon & the room as a whole was severely outdated. Breakfast should not be difficult. Cereal, toast, a couple of muffins & coffee & no one will gripe. Don't claim to offer a "hot breakfast" if your "hot" items (hash browns, biscuits & gravy, chicken patties??, are cold. One bite of each and I was done. The hash brown tasted like a freezer. The biscuits couldn't be cut w/ the plastic knife that they offered. I sawed at it until there was no use. Chicken patties?? Don't stay here. Just don't.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Dallas hotels

Arlington, Texas
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I don't ever do surveys or reviews but I was very pleased with this Hotel and the Staff. I stayed just one night (NYE) and had nothing but the most pleasant experience. Clean room, great breakfast, friendly staff. I will be returning to BW Market Center with every trip to Dallas.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Randy B
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Had a 3 night stay here. Rooms were clean and comfortable. All the people at the front desk were awesome. I would stay here again.
Reception staff were very friendly and helpful and breakfast was good especially the waffles and the room was clean and quiet.

Thanks Ginny and Mr. Patel for your great service!

1 Thank Pete V
New York
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

I always have something positive to say even when things are terrible. But unfortunately in this instance the only good thing about this "hotel" (if one could even call it that) is the location.

1. They put us in a room when they knew (according to the front desk) they would be performing repairs during our stay, which the failed to mention. Not just any repairs but bathroom mindnumbing (above the headboard) hammering & drilling repairs.

2. They didn't even offer another room to accomodate us. We had to call the front desk and request another room. Nor did they offer any form of compensation for our inconvience. Also the business center had water or some form of liquid on the table top when I sat down. When I inquired instead of cleaning it up the front desk handed me paper towels.

3. The last straw was when an hour before checkout time, after just saying to each other lets give them the benefit of the doubt and extend a week, one of the housekeeping staff had the audacity to knock on our door to inquire if we were going to check out. Needless to say we were out of there right then and there!

If you want to stay at a real hotel, which knows how to treat guests and dare I say it their own business, (we paid the same rate as the Best Western) I would highly recommend the Holiday Inn at Market Center. (I have absoutely no affliation with the Holiday Inn or Best Western). My review and recommendations are my own through my own experience.

This Best Western could truly be a remarkable and lovely place to stay but in my humble opinion during our stay it was not "The Best" it was just unfortunately a bad Western.

I will not submit the video I shot inside if the room, in this age of technology. I will however provide a picture I took directly outside of our room. My aim is not to humiliate just to inform based on my own experience.

I hope this hotel can understand that
every review is an opportunity to grow and learn so that they can become the best.

It is also my hope upper management takes this opportunity to reevaluate the manner in which its most valuable asset (customers),its staff, and business should at a mininum operate.

I noticed on our way out, at the front desk, a plaque which read this hotel is owned and operated by...which I have a photo of.

My question to the owner (s)
When your name is on something shouldn't you want it to be the very best?

I wish you, your staff and business the best.

• Stayed October 2013