“A solid R-C, not the best, but very solid”

The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas
Ranked #3 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed January 22, 2014

There is nothing intimate about a large, urban Ritz-Carlton, but the better ones compensate by providing excellent, personal service, and the Dallas R-C falls into that category. The lobby/elevator layout is large and a bit odd to navigate, the building itself isn't especially attractive, but the room was gracious, very clean, and altogether comfortable. The fitness center was large, accessible 24 hours (as they all should be) and well laid out, but disappointingly the equipment (though clean) was not well maintained - the a/v system connected with 4 of the treadmills didn't work at all, leaving people hopping from machine to machine trying to find one that worked. No repair during my 3 day stay. But guacamole and shots each day is the sort of amenity that makes up for a lot. Plenty of good restaurants within a quick walk, and a helpful concierge guided our choices well.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank LSS100NewYork

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Stayed for a recent conference. Stayed in a large corner room. Food and staff were spectacular . Had a large document that I went to the business center to print out. When I saw the prices, I was going to leave but one of the employees who was there took care of it gratis. Breakfast and lunch during conference was superb. 6PM guacamole and chips were quite good.

Only downside was that the carpet in my room was pretty nasty (room 417) with large wine and food stains.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Very nice rooms
The staff took very good care of us
I must have made many calls down to reception during night because I was sick and they were so nice and friendly to keep running up to bring me medicine and tea and everything I needed to get comfortable
Breakfast buffet on weekends was absolutely delicious
Perfect choice for a stay in Dallas

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Can not speak highly enough of the staff and facilities at the Ritz Carlton. Room 305 is huge, well appointed and I slept peacefully in its comfortable bed. Chose to eat breakfast in the restaurant - thoroughly devoured the delicious three egg omelette. The most outstanding element of this hotel is the service and kindness of the staff. You are greeted like an old friend and nothing is a problem. The concierge staff are outstanding in providing advice and help. Would definitely return to experience some luxury again.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My husband's immediate family was in town for New Year's Eve, and we had booked a suite at the Ritz for our after dinner get together. Shortly after arriving we called to ask for additional cups, as we were having about 15 people over (there were three very large rooms). The manager was extremely rude and said they didn't have that many cups, and snidely said that they would be escorting people out if they received loud noise complaints (okay... we just wanted cups!). Around 2 a.m. (it was New Year's Eve!), a knock came at the door. At this time, there were about 10 people in the suite, and most of our group was sitting in one of the bedrooms talking quietly with the TV on mute. The rest of us were in the middle room talking. There was no music playing, and everyone was sitting down. I went to answer the door and there were 5 or more officers and hotel management standing at the door. They very rudely told us that they had received noise complaints, and I politely tried to apologize. They barged into the room and told everyone they needed to leave immediately (I imagine they felt pretty stupid walking into a bedroom with family members snuggled up talking, or at least they should have). Everyone was cooperating but we were literally being treated like criminals. It was absolutely ridiculous. I understand if you get noise complaints and need to come up to ask the room to quiet down, or even to close things down, but this was insane. The manager's name was Christina, and she was absolutely awful. She said that we had already been warned (not true... a general announcement in no way tells us that our specific room is being too loud), and that the second warning gave her the authority to have us kicked out. The officers were pushy and confrontational the entire time (as was the manager). When we got outside the manager told us "get your own cab". I called several times to complain and after being told they would connect me, they hung up.

At the end of the day, I understand a hotel is a business, and all customers need to be respected. It was 2 a.m., and someone in a room near us was trying to get to sleep, and complained. That's fine. We were ready to wrap things up anyway, and all the hotel staff had to do was come up, knock on the door, and be polite. I have never encountered that kind of treatment. It is absolutely not okay to storm in with an army of police officers and act that way. I left my phone number and was told I would receive a follow up phone call to discuss the situation, and have not been called back. Take your business elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
13  Thank cleantravelsnyc
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We were here December 30 in room 723 on the club level. Although it is very nice to have unlimited soda, water, wine or champagne we were not very impressed. Upon first getting to the club there were snacks left out that were very good. Returning after dinner there were evening snacks that were delicious as well. We wanted a quiet and relaxing night just hanging in the club level but quickly discovered that the hotel club level did not offer any kind of Crown Royal. Not to mention when they put the evening desserts out there were not enough for everybody in the club and they did not put anymore out. Also if you have children up there please watch them and do not let them be running around everywhere.
Very nice hotel and room but no 'wow' factor about it.
To be honest we probably would not stay here again and would stay at the Omni since they offer even more.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2014

The Dallas Ritz is an amazing mix of sheer luxury, beauty and a staff that exudes excellence. Every detail from the first greeting, to sumptuous accommodations to the superior Club Experience was absolute perfection. We LOVED the complimentary guacamole & margarita shooters in the lobby each evening - recipes by celebrity chef Dean Fearing. But even more, we enjoyed the 'heart' of each employee. THANK YOU for you excellent service!
Added bonus - This location is fabulous - we enjoyed walking around the new Klyde Warren Park - nice - and the Nasher Sculptor museum was fun. Loved the West Village & McKinney Ave trolley, too.

Room Tip: We enjoyed a corner room, facing downtown Dallas. Very comfortable & roomy with spectacular nigh...