“Great Staff and OK rooms for the price”

The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas
Ranked #4 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

I was in Dallas for a week and this was the hotel that was chosen for me since it was close to where I was working. All of the staff were really great. Friendly, and looking out for ways to be helpful. The rooms were fine but uninspiring for this level of hotel. Wireless access ($10/day) was very slow at times. Decent gym. Definitely a high-end crowd in attendance at the bar on Thu Fri Night.

• Stayed: December 2012
There are newer reviews for The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Just returned from a fun girls weekend with my daughter! Excellent stay at the Ritz Carlton in Dallas. We used Marriott points for part of our stay, paid for additional night and amenities. Lovely hotel enhanced by friendly and helpful staff. The room was spacious and comfortable and the food was delicious, especially the guacamole. This is the only hotel I know that has its own 'guacamologist'! Outstanding location as well. We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

A very nice hotel, very high quality reception. The bedrooms are very nice with all the expected amenities. The breakfast was one where you order and it's bought to you, no self service, and in true American style you can order just about everything you can think of ! The Rattlesnake bar in the hotel is one of the in places in Dallas and is lively on a tuesday and Wednesday night although they do close at midnight.
Excellent Hotel , oh and by the way the bed is super comfy :)

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Had a lovely two night stay at this property. The room was spacious and well-appointed. The lobby was elegant, as were the amenities in the hotel. It is in a great location in "Uptown Dallas" which is convenient to restaurants and bars, as well as many businesses.

It was too chilly to go into the pool when I stayed here, but the pool area was nice as was the gym. I would stay here again on my next trip to Dallas.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank FromNYCtoTheWorld
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I don't usually stay at The Ritz, but I was recently here for a business conference and the experience was top notch from beginning to end. What a luxury hotel stay should be. On top of that, the location is great with numerous bars and restaurants within easy walking distance. A great place for a high-end business stay (not sure about the amenities). Have fun!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed here for Labor Day 2012. Checked in on Friday, our flight arrived early at about 10:30 and we had no problem getting an early check in. We had a relaxing day at the pool each time we were there. At no point did our glasses (both margarita's and water) ever get below half full before we were asked if we would like another!

The valet staff was wonderful with recommendations and directions how to get to places both withing walking and driving distance. And even though it was a busy holiday weekend, the valet staff always greeted us by name!

Both the bar and restaurant and totally and completely top notch! Delicious drinks and if you go to Brunch have the Paper Bag Fried Chicken. It is amazing. The people watching at the bar is the best people watching ever.

We went to a concert at American Airlines and were offered a ride to the concert in the hotel Jaguar, we took a cab back but the offer and the drive were wonderful.

Make sure to go to the spa and get the Margarita Scrub treatment! It was heavenly and the spa staff was very friendly!

Overall it was a heavenly 5 day stay and we can not wait to return just to stay at the hotel!!

Room Tip: Get the Margarita Scrub at the Spa! Wonderful and relaxing!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I recently stayed at the Ritz for a meeting. It was the first time I've stayed there. It's a beautiful hotel on the near north side of Dallas. I was impressed that each time you approached the front door the door was opened for you and you were greeted. The check in process was speedy and very friendly. I was offered a nice cold water and promptly given a large corner room with a great view of the area. Other than a large stain in the carpet the room was terrific! The amenities were nice and everything well appointed. I have to admit to being disappointed with the fact that things were dirty. The curtains were stained and a bit disgusting. I noticed pieces of paper on the floor on several floors of the hotel. A couple of them were there for most of my stay...five days. That's just not what I'd expect from a Ritz. This is a five star hotel if they can get their housekeeping together. Until then, it's just a very good hotel. The pool area was nice, though again, I noticed old cigars that sat there for more than a couple of days. Checkout was a snap! I'd probably stay there again...but, would like to see them clean up their act just a bit. Ask for a corner room if you can get one, they're bright airy and pleasant!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business