2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$674
Hotels.com$674
Travelocity$674
Orbitz.com$674
1,029 results
All reviews club level rattlesnake bar house car room service luxury hotel car service the entire staff hotel restaurant valet lobby fearing concierge doorman
Selected filters
Reviewed November 26, 2007

Stayed 2 nights over Thanksgiving holiday to watch the football game in town. We (group of 6 guys) stayed on the club level. We had two rooms - one regular and one suite that were adjoining. The hotel is brand new and the rooms are amazing. They are very well appointed and they were very spacious - plenty of room for 6 guys. The bed, tv's, bathrooms, bath amenities, etc... were all first rate. The club was very nice as well. Very comfortable with typical (excellent) RC club offerings. Service was excellent as well. Staff was very accomodating and worked professionally, yet in a personal, casual manner. Did not have a chance to explore other areas of the hotel (e.g., pool, restaraunt), but the lobby and check-in very nice and check-in was a breeze. Dropped into the rattlesnake bar for a quick few drinks and it was very nice and people were super friendly. All experiences with staff were first rate RC quality. Location was in the middle of the city (as far as I could tell) and several bars/restaraunts as well as shopping were all within easy walking distance.

I would definitely reccomend this hotel for business or pleasure.

Date of stay: November 2007
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank aristophanesny
Reviewed November 18, 2007

I visited the hotel with a group of friends for a celebration weekend. Dean Fearing's restuarant was FABULOUS! The food and atmosphere could not have been better. The waitstaff in both the dining room and bar gave excellent service as well.

Wish our hotel experience could have been the same. We checked in to find the room a bit untidy. There was someone else's trash in the trashcans and visible dust on the furniture surfaces.

I completely agree with previous review that the pool area is lacking big time. Unattractive and pool attendant not helpful. We asked if an umbrella could be moved to give us partial shade and were told no. We did it ourselves. Drink service beyond slow.

Each time room service was ordered, it arrived either incorrect or missing condiments, etc.

I would consider one of the other luxury hotels in the area on a future visit.....

Date of stay: October 2007
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank peonies18
Reviewed November 8, 2007

New hotel downtown Dallas. Our family had a suite on the Club level. Everything was as a Ritz should be. No bargains here, though. Our suite was 700+ each night ( my wife and teenaged daughters insisted it was worth it !)
Club level food was pretty good. We had one complaint and it seemed the entire hotel mobilized to take care of it.
The restaurant (Dean Fearing's--he's of Mansion on Turtle Creek fame) was excellent and beautiful with several rooms, each with a different atmosphere, and there were many tables outside adjacent to a beautiful fountain and reflecting pool. Chef Dean Fearing circulated through the restaurant talking and laughing with guests. I look forward to having a party of eight at the chef's table some evening. Make reservations early.
The outside bar was packed every night with 30-to-50+-year olds looking for a great time. Nice fireplace and fountains and very good service, even when crowded. Seemed like the place to be this fall.
We found Ritz luxury, service, and extraordinary courtesy on the part of the staff.
I highly recommend for business or leisure, especially if you like staying in for a great dinner and bar some nights.

Date of stay: October 2007
5  Thank doormark
Reviewed October 21, 2007

The Dallas Ritz Carlton had only been open a few weeks when we stayed, but you would never have known it except for the groups of hotel trainees going through training in the meeting rooms next to ours. Rooms were beautiful and spacious, dining options all excellent. Common areas such as the lobby, bar and area between the meeting rooms were beautifully furnished and the flowers were spectacular. This is a beautiful venue for a meeting, wedding...

Date of stay: September 2007
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank sailorgirlmn
Reviewed October 10, 2007

During the inaugural weekend for The Ritz-Carlton Dallas, I booked a Club Executive Suite and a Club Deluxe Room for my family. We actually live in the Dallas area, but I wanted to see for myself if this newest addition to the luxury hotel scene in Dallas measured up to the other Ritz-Carlton properties (New York Central Park, Bachelor Gulch, Boston Common and Washington, D.C.) that we have enjoyed so immensely in the past.

I've pleased to report that The Ritz-Carlton Dallas met and even exceeded my expectations. And this was after the hotel had only been open a couple of days! We were greeted with a warm Texas welcome by the doorman, bellman and front desk staff as we arrived for the weekend. Check-in went very smoothly, and we were promptly escorted to and shown our adjoining suite and room. Throughout our stay, every single staff member we encountered made us glad that we were staying at a hotel that obviously emphasizes the philosophy of making guests feel welcome and at home. The hotel management even left a welcoming gift for us in our rooms.

The public areas of the hotel are elegant yet inviting. I especially liked the modern art mixed with the traditional decor in those areas. The rooms are very spacious, extremely comfortable and well appointed. Our rooms even had in-mirror televisions in the bathrooms! We probably would have been perfectly content had we stayed in our rooms all weekend. The fitness center rivals that of any other hotel I've ever seen (very spacious with lots of machines and equipment), and the well-designed pool area is most inviting. The food presentations in the Club Lounge were tempting and enticing, and all of us made multiple trips there to partake of the offerings.

The hotel is located in the Uptown area of Dallas, and several great restaurants are within walking distance. Fearing's Restaurant is located in the hotel, and we enjoyed a wonderful Sunday brunch there during our stay. The selections were sophisticated yet true to the Dean Fearing's well-known Southern roots. The scene at the Rattlesnake Bar (part of the restaurant) on Friday and Saturday nights looked exciting, although our group (which included my teenage nephew and my "tween-age" niece) didn't participate.

Although it wasn't open yet during the first few days after the hotel opened, the spa has since opened, and I have already become a regular visitor. It is very very large (12,000 square feet, I believe) as well as peaceful, clean and relaxing. The men's locker room is one of the nicest I've ever seen in the many hotel spas I've visited over the years. Marcus, one the massage therapists, provides one of the best treatments you will ever experience. The entire staff is extremely friendly and welcoming.

All in all, I can enthusiastically recommend The Ritz-Carlton Dallas to anyone visiting Dallas for pleasure, business or a mixture of the two. My family enjoyed our stay so much that we've already booked a return visit during the Christmas holidays.

Date of stay: August 2007