“No customer service”

Doubletree by Hilton Dallas Market Center
Ranked #49 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

I arrived 30 minutes early and the young lady at front desk seemed a little annoyed I was there early. She told me she would have someone check the room. She mumbled something then asked to swipe my card and hurried me to a seat. The entire time barely looking me in the eye. Took 15 minutes to receive key. The room was small but OK. During my two night stay my room was never cleaned. I actually dumped my trash and wet towels in cleaning staff cart as they proceeded to pass my room to leave the floor. This was after asking them to clean the room. The other awkward staff experience was when I asked the front desk staff could I use business center. I walked in lobby both ladies looking down. I waited I was not acknowledged at all. So I just asked my question. One employee nodded and pointed but nothing more. Almost as if I was bugging them. The only employee who was friendly at all was the bartender working Sunday night. Very pleasant. All in all never felt welcomed at all and probably will not return. Oh if it matters i did receive my cookie at check-in.

• Stayed: February 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,020)

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here for a wedding that was at the Cathedral close by. We had a very reasonable rate for a king. The room was clean, the bed comfy, and the staff very friendly.Appreciated the microwave and refrigerator. The coffee was better than most in-room coffees too. We did not have a good view, since our room looked out over the industrial side, but we were not there for the view. An older hotel, but nicely remodeled. The hallway ceilings were a bit low, and leaving we had to wait for the elevators (hotel was full and everyone wanting to leave at the same time). But I would stay here again, especially since it was much cheaper than most of the other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The room was clean. Beds were very comfortable. Would like more towels. Breakfast was good. The rate we paid was as high as other nicer more elegant hotels in the area that had more services and venues. Shuttles were inconsistent & in disrepair. The area was not the nicest. Would not stay there again. Too many other nicer choices. I would have stayed at the other hotel if there were available rooms.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

The shuttle service within a three-mile radius was awesome; however, they were consistently ten to fifteen minutes late, so if you are using that service, tell them to come ten to fifteen minutes before you actually need to be picked up. Can't complain, though. The shuttles are a big plus. The free internet was a big plus, too. I did not experience any problems with speed. Very nice, quiet environment. Staff was always quick to respond to questions or problems. The location near Market Center and the Medical Center was perfect.

Room Tip: Not a lot of dining choices around, but the restaurant is excellent. I did not meet anyone who did...
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The Doubletree by Market Center is a stand alone next to industrial space. It feels a little over priced for the area, but, the room was clean and comfortable - no issues. And, the front desk and concierge staff were very pleasant.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is a decent place to stay for a good price using AAA membership. They will give you a lift to the game at American Airlines Center, but you'll be on your own for the trip back. Still saves on parking and getting there. $15 for a cab ride back. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable with very clean linens. Towels were nice and the coffee in room was great.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevators and entrances.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Great staff and ample free parking. Ceilings in hallways are low.... Low enough that if you're not careful & wearing a hat you can hit the fire sprinklers. Fast elevators and great view of downtown Dallas from our balcony.

Room Tip: Balcony room is recommended.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends