“Would be worth flying to Dallas just to eat here..” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pappas Bros. Steakhouse

Pappas Bros. Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Pappas Bros. Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 3,560 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: I35 and Northwest Hwy
“Would be worth flying to Dallas just to eat here..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

Was in town for a morning meeting, so headed to this icon of Dallas fro an early dinner. Friendly staff suggested that I sit at the counter by the open kitchen, so I can see the action, as well as 2 large screen tv's. Having not eaten since breakfast I had the shrimp cocktail app, as well as the smaller sized strip steak. WOW!! The shrimp were good size, and were a generous portion, but the STEAK, could be the best I ever had. Hand trimmed to perfection, grilled to perfection, seasoned to perfection, I enjoyed it tremendously. Can't wait to return.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Fort Myers Beach, Florida
“Great steak and better service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by for a business meeting based on a recommendation. The service was excellent with the sommelier even stopping by our table. We had had steak, my colleague the filet and I had a strip with fried oysters with a bearnaise sauce. The steak was good although I had to send it back and would skip the oysters as the sauce was unappealing. For the $$$$, I would have given them 3 stars especially since the food was just ok, but the service was superior and had I stuck with the filet I may have been better off

El Paso, Texas
“This is the Steakhouse all others aspire to be like!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

If you are visiting Dallas or Houston and looking for a Top Tier Steakhouse,Pappas Bros. should be on your short list.Everything about this place screams perfection.The wine list is quite extensive where you can a order glass or a full bottle depending on your preference.Your Waiter will be happy to assist you in pairing the perfect wine to go with your entree.I ordered a New York Strip that was cooked to order while my wife enjoyed the Lobster Tail.We split a baked potato and after dinner had creme brulee that was like no other we had ever tried.This establishment is pricey but is well worth the money.It was a wonderful place to celebrate our anniversary even if it was two weeks early!

• Visited November 2013
Dallas, Texas
“This will be my go to steak house from now on”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

Last night was my first time going there, they explain their meats and menu fully to give you a good understanding of how great the quality is. I have to say my Three Peppercorn steak was amazing as well as the sides (Family size - Mashed potatoes, onion rings and asparagus). If you don't like pepper much, have a filet, my boyfriend had that and it was delicious as well! The dessert was to DIE FOR!!!! I do not like layered cake because it usually is too sweet but this cake was their dark chocolate cake and it was perfect. Not sweet on any later, it was literally PERFECTION and I am not exagerating. I was very impressed with their service. Our waiter was Bo, and he was so attentive and very patient, he knew his stuff that's for sure. This was truly my best dining experience in years. No joke. Service and food excelled my expectations (which were already high). Thank you Pappas Bros Steakhouse for doing a phenomenal job!

• Visited November 2013
rhode island
“Too big to be great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

I was visiting Dallas, thought I'd have a great steak and chose this place based on the rave reviews i found on tripadvisor, was really disappointed.
My boiled down review is that this place has been around a while, was once great, but now has gotten so big that a truly great meal, worthy of the prices they charge, is tough to get.

I ordered a shrimp remoulade appetizer, and a special that was supposed to be a New York strip with horseradish sauce, and a house salad.
The shrimp was soft and a little bit slimey, (aka: not fresh) the sauce was good, and there were about 7-8 of them, but still, not really worthy of the price(16$)
I asked the waitress what the medium steak would look like, and she told me pink, with red in the center. I told her I liked pink, not red, and she told me to get it medium-well. So... This $54 steak, that was a la carte, came to me grey through and through, and soaked in butter or oil, and coated with a thick slather of breadcrumbs, there was a very faint taste of horseradish to the oily crumbs. I had to scrape all of this off to try to stomach the steak, but still couldn't, it was truly repulsive. On the plate were some very unappetizing, cold and dry "frites".
So... The best thing I had was the salad, however, it came with two huge strips of bacon on top! Ok, so I am no Texan, but... Really? Bacon strips on a "house salad"? After removing them' the st of the salad was good. However' since it was the only veggie that I would have all night, I wanted to save some of it to eat along with my steak, when it came out.
Here's where the creepy bus-staff comes in. There were 4-5 of them that constantly hovered around, walking by every table every couple of minutes. And they clearly don't communicate with each other, as 6 different people tried to pick up my half finished salad, and each time I had to stop them.

Worse though, is that my own waitress did not deliver most of the items that I ordered. I made no comment on the shrimp or salad, but was honest with her when she did stop back by..that the steak was not impressing me. Next thing I knew, she comes by and tells me that she is not going to charge me for the meal. I was flabbergasted! Ok, I guess this sounds nice to some people, but I really felt humiliated. I just gave her an honest answer, and she announces to the room that she wasn't going to charge me. I told her that I wanted to pay for my entire meal, and asked for the check. So then not one, but two different guys that look like management come to my table....I was honest with them too, but they acted totally incredulous. Their attitude was not empathic or conciliatory, rather, dismissive and mechanical.

The whole thing was so embarrassing.
I realized as all of this went down, that not one employee in that place was smiling. They all appeared under some sort of duress, almost like people who had been beaten or something, especially all of the bus-people.

So... I think it is way overpriced and pretentious, without real substance and friendliness to warrant these traits.

I would never go back or recommend this place. There must be more pleasant, smaller and friendlier places to get a good steak in Dallas.
( and I bet they don't charge as much either)

Visited November 2013
2 Thank rhodeygem

Been to Pappas Bros. Steakhouse? Share your experiences!