“Great Pizza!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Martini's and pizza is what this place is known for, and both are awesome! Parking is good on the side streets when it is a busy day. It's the kind of place you can go and stay for hours, just hanging with good friends.

1  Thank Leightx1

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a hidden gem in old east Dallas. It was discovered by Diners' Drive-ins' & Dives. The drinks are free pour. The pizzas are true Chicago style,(thin crust). There is a hamburger called "The Don". It is spicy since there is jalapenos added. The salads are over the top in size. The small will easily feed two. They have as a side dish the freshest and most flavorful broccoli I have ever had. Every so often they have a stew call mulligatawny. It is indescribable. The flavors are mixed and surprisingly good.
Of course no dinner is complete without dessert. Louie's mom still makes the deserts. Many cream pies to chose from as well as simple fruit pies. Too many to list here, just ask.

1  Thank Jim M
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I am a Dallas transplant, originally from the Midwest.
I saw the Diners Drive-Ins and Dives spot on this place and thought, "Eh. Being on TV probably ruined whatever they had going." I can be cynical.
I have to disagree with the extremely negative reviews I've read. The atmosphere lacks high ceilings, square footage, cool light fixtures, and intense electronic music (when it's busy, it's too loud for music). At times, it is too busy, putting a larger workload on the staff. Don't expect them to be excited about it (would you be?). They might let you know if you could've been clearer about your order, or faster about it. You know what? It's actually refreshing authenticity. I don't think they've ever been outright rude to me, however. The food has been consistently very good. If it's too busy, go somewhere else - like you would at ANY restaurant. The sausage pizza is fantastic, and the crust is nice and thin. I think that this style of pizza goes better with beer. The patrons have range. You can find almost any type of person in there. What I do notice - is that you'll see a lot of people that give off the Midwestern vibe. I like the atmosphere and the people. It makes me feel like I'm somewhere near Chicago again. If the food was terrible and the staff was overly rude - I wouldn't go back. As it stands, I hope nothing changes at Louie's.

1  Thank VegasHombre
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

That says it all. Location is cool, atmosphere is divish, service is questionable, but the pizza is amazing! We always get sausage...you HAVE to get the sausage on your pizza. The pies are homemade everyday by Mom & are fantastic!! Don't forget the greek salad! Oh, cash or amex only :).

1  Thank PixieBelles
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Bottom line, this place is miserable. That includes the staff and the lack of music...
I gave it 3 tries before deciding to write this review.
You can hear a pin drop in here. They do not play music. It's as static as an accounting office.
The staff is rude and "too cool for school"

I am from Chicago, love a good pie and a local joint. People in Chicago are known all over the world for being friendly, fun and gregarious folks. This place claims authentic Chicago style, but unless they are going for the "Wiener's Circle" schtick of being jerks to their patrons, they missed the mark.

Cane Rosso, Fireside Pies, Eno's, Coal Vines.... Any of these. Much better options for food, drink and atmosphere, not to mention SERVICE.

2  Thank travelsnob18

Been to Louie's? Share your experiences!