“Busy, divey, and I keep going back.”
Review of Louie's

Louie's
Ranked #488 of 3,614 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Las Vegas
“Busy, divey, and I keep going back.”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I am a Dallas transplant, originally from the Midwest.
I saw the Diners Drive-Ins and Dives spot on this place and thought, "Eh. Being on TV probably ruined whatever they had going." I can be cynical.
I have to disagree with the extremely negative reviews I've read. The atmosphere lacks high ceilings, square footage, cool light fixtures, and intense electronic music (when it's busy, it's too loud for music). At times, it is too busy, putting a larger workload on the staff. Don't expect them to be excited about it (would you be?). They might let you know if you could've been clearer about your order, or faster about it. You know what? It's actually refreshing authenticity. I don't think they've ever been outright rude to me, however. The food has been consistently very good. If it's too busy, go somewhere else - like you would at ANY restaurant. The sausage pizza is fantastic, and the crust is nice and thin. I think that this style of pizza goes better with beer. The patrons have range. You can find almost any type of person in there. What I do notice - is that you'll see a lot of people that give off the Midwestern vibe. I like the atmosphere and the people. It makes me feel like I'm somewhere near Chicago again. If the food was terrible and the staff was overly rude - I wouldn't go back. As it stands, I hope nothing changes at Louie's.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank VegasHombre

“Gotta Love It!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

That says it all. Location is cool, atmosphere is divish, service is questionable, but the pizza is amazing! We always get sausage...you HAVE to get the sausage on your pizza. The pies are homemade everyday by Mom & are fantastic!! Don't forget the greek salad! Oh, cash or amex only :).

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank PixieBelles
Dallas, Texas
“These folks are not from Chicago. Or I guess they forgot their roots.”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Bottom line, this place is miserable. That includes the staff and the lack of music...
I gave it 3 tries before deciding to write this review.
You can hear a pin drop in here. They do not play music. It's as static as an accounting office.
The staff is rude and "too cool for school"

I am from Chicago, love a good pie and a local joint. People in Chicago are known all over the world for being friendly, fun and gregarious folks. This place claims authentic Chicago style, but unless they are going for the "Wiener's Circle" schtick of being jerks to their patrons, they missed the mark.

Cane Rosso, Fireside Pies, Eno's, Coal Vines.... Any of these. Much better options for food, drink and atmosphere, not to mention SERVICE.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank travelsnob18
“Waited 45 minutes and finally left”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Showed up on a Sunday night and put our names on the list with the brisk overworked bartender--table for 2, no one in front of us, lots walked in right after us. We were tired and starving, so it seemed perfect. After 30 minutes, we'd seen tons of people leave, but still not a peep from the bartender--I think people from the bar were taking tables as they opened up. Finally got a table and waited about 10 minutes for menus from our crabby overworked waitress. Ordered water and realized if it took 45 minutes to just sit and get menus, we'd be there at least another hour. Gave up and walked out. Louie's seems really understaffed and the staff they have must hate their jobs because everyone was so crabby. It also smelled like bleach (and not delicious pizza like every pizza joint I've ever been in), which was extremely unappetizing. Bottom line: I don't care how good your pizza is, treat me like crap and I'll find pizza somewhere else. Louie's is seriously overrated.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank SarahWsTravels
Dallas, Texas
“Only the Locals know Louie's”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

It used to be all the sportswriters went here. Louie's has a full menu but also has one of the best Pizza's in town. Chipotle Chicken is fantastic. Louie's Mom still makes all the pies by hand. Drinks are stiff. Say hello to Casey the bartender. He's one of the best.

Visited June 2013

Been to Louie's? Share your experiences!