“Good Pizza”

Dining options: Late Night
Dallas, Texas
“Good Pizza”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Good everything. Good people. Good drinks. Great bar. Good food. Everything is excellent!

1 Thank Likeness

Arlington, Texas
“Awful Experience”
Reviewed November 7, 2011

We saw this restaurant featured on one of the food channels so we decided to drive an hour to check it out. We waited for about 15 minutes to get a table after we gave our name to the hostess who was seemed overwhelmed and had sweat all over her face. It was disgusting to look at especially going to the restaurant for the first time. The restaurant was packed and there was no waiting area other than standing in the hallway of the entrance. The hostess approached us and we thought we were going to be seated, but that was not the case. She informed us that the owner was not allowing us to eat there because my 17 year old son was wearing a sleeveless Under Armour shirt. She explained that the owner does not allow customers to eat at the restaurant if they come in wearing tank tops and that's been their policy for the last 20 years. I told her my son is not wearing a tank top but rather a $35 dollar shirt that is just showing his biceps. I was thinking why would there be a problem for my 17 year old son wearing this nice shirt at this ex-gas station/dive bar/restaurant. After hearing what the hostess said, my son wanted nothing to do with the restaurant and wanted to leave. So we left hungry. On the hour drive back home, I thought I would give them a call and give them a piece of my mind. I called, asked for the manager or owner, and I got speak with an elderly lady who said she was the manager. She said the owner could not come to the phone because he was working behind the bar and he was supper busy. I explained our experience to the manager and she was sorry and told me she would have been happy to loan us a tee-shirt with sleeves. I asked her why the hostess didn't give us the same option when we were there and she said she didn't know why. I still requested to get a call back from the owner to get an explanation as why he refused service to us when it was clear that my son was not wearing a tank top. Never got a call back and we are never going back. So the lesson we learned and want to pass on is to make sure you check the dress code at this ex-gas station/ dive bar/restaurant before you drive a long distance to eat at Louie's in East Dallas.

Visited July 2011
3 Thank J S
Dallas, Texas
“Cash or American Express”
Reviewed September 26, 2011

We ate at Louie's this past Saturday and ended up having a horrible experience. We had drinks, pizza and a caesar salad. The pizza was average, nothing great. We had told our friends, "you pick the restaurant and we'll buy", so when I went to pay the bill the waitress, rudely said, we only take Cash or American Express. I carry MC and Visa. Our friends ended up buying dinner, very embarassing. Maybe that's why the restaurant was only half full when we got their at 8:00 PM on a Saturday night. Will not go back!!!!!

• Visited September 2011
4 Thank Prestwick6100
Dallas, TX
“Absolutely Horrible”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Words can't begin to describe the awful experience I just had at Louie's. If there was a Zero stars option, I would choose it. We sat down at our table at 7:15, and did not receive our pizzas until 9:40. When they did Finally arrive, all of them were cold, one was totally incorrect, and one was "delayed" by another 5 minutes. We had asked several times- during our TWO HOUR wait- about the pizzas, and were told that they were "on the way". When we spoke with the owner (a grey-bearded guy behind the bar) and explained our situation, he literally started to shout at us, asking "what do you do for a living?!" and "don't question how I run my restaurant when it's busy". What makes this experience so dissapointing is that this used to be one of our favorite restaurants- my husband and I have been eating there for over ten years. Needless to say- we won't return.

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank KelleyTX
Plano, Texas
“Always great pizza”
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Best thin crust pizza around. I come here at least twice a year with my hockey team after the end of each season. We always return for the great thin crust Pizza and Greek Salads, not to mention the full bar. Not a fancy or trendy place, but always great food and a good starting point before walking to some of the nearby bars.

• Visited May 2011

Been to Louie's? Share your experiences!