“Food is ok, but way too pricey. Waitstaff...”
Review of Cafe Lago - CLOSED

Cuisines: Healthy
Neighborhood: East Dallas
Neighborhood: East Dallas
Reviewed April 6, 2010

Food is ok, but way too pricey. Waitstaff extremely rude and inattentive. Try Another Broken Egg for brunch instead.

Reviewed April 30, 2009

The service was inattentive and the waitress was VERY RUDE. My 2 friends and I split the check evenly and the waitress charged us each $.50 over what we should have paid. But we were so uncomfortable there we didn't complain about that, or the fact she didn't give us copies of our receipts. I marked through the tip area and wrote the total without any tip as her "service" did not deserve it. (I found out later, my friends did the same.) Our credit card statements all came up 20% more than what we'd signed!

I called the restaurant twice (as they never called me back) and was informed by another rude woman that they added on their own tip and 20% was standard. She also told me the $.50 split charge was listed on their menu (it's not, I didn't see it in person and it's not on their online lunch menu). I told her the service was terrible and the waitress was horribly rude, and I intentionally did not tip. She told me I should've complained while I was there, and she refused to refund the 20% to my credit card. I've had to file a dispute with my credit card company.

Avoid this place! The food was mediocre, the attitude was unprofessional, and the aggravation afterward is inexcusable.

2  Thank deejaye75
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 11, 2008

I thought this was pretty overpriced for the quality and quantity of food received. I don't think the price range listed on here for them is accurate.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed February 21, 2008

This place has so much potential but the owner and her horrible attitude make eating lunch there about as fun as a root canal. Oh, and who serves a fish taco special with steamed cauliflower?! Looks like someone has some inventory challenges and doesn't mind passing organizational mistakes straight to the customers.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook