“Daisy Polk Inn - Dallas TX”
Review of Daisy Polk Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dallas
Daisy Polk Inn
Ranked #1 of 23 Dallas B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 21, 2014

This is the second time I've stayed at the Daisy Polk and honestly it's one of the nicest B & B's I've ever been in. The service, location and amenities are all top notch, I love the heated bathroom floors in the cottage.

Would recommend this little gem to anyone who's looking to stay in the heart of the city.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Michael M

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our one night stay, Valentine's night, at this beautiful and historic home. It truly felt like a home and was decorated with amazing antiques from near and far. Patrick, the inn-keeper greeted us and gave us a tour and showed us to our room. He was a gracious host and cooked an amazing home-made continental breakfast at a lovely dining table with wonderful place-settings.

On our way out, we happened upon the owner, Wayne, and he gave us a little history of the home, of Daisy Polk, and interesting info on some of the furnishings and antiques.

Our room was splendid with a super comfy high bed and nice furnishings. We had a private bath. It was quiet and cozy and we slept great. The room came with a TV, U-verse cable, and WiFi if you want it. I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: The Reagan Room was large with a private bath
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Frank B
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I had a marvelous 10-day stay at The Daisy Polk Inn and very much look forward to returning. Michael and Maria took such great care of me! My room was very comfortable (on the small side, but that was fully disclosed on the website). The heated mattress pad was a much-appreciated amenity with the extra cold weather in Dallas during my trip.

Michael went above and beyond the call of duty when I told him I don't eat gluten. He made me delicious gluten-free pancakes and muffins for the continental breakfast, alternating with steel-cut oats. When I got the full breakfast, my veggie omelette was superb, with a wealth of fresh vegetables. He also made me decaf coffee and was so kind about accommodating my dietary requests.

Maria kept my room and the whole historic property in impeccable condition! And, one morning I ended up needing an emergency ride to the hardware store, and Maria took me without thinking twice about it.

There was a snowstorm on the day I left, and (once again, going beyond the call of duty) Michael actually accompanied me on public transport to help get me to the airport! I really feel like I made a new friend.

I can't recommend this place highly enough. My only concern about sharing this review is that there won't be availability when I head back there for my next visit!

Room Tip: The Dickason room was fine for me as a solo traveler. I think it would be a bit cramped for 2 people...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Tatt00edTraveler
Reviewed December 14, 2013

My fiance and I stayed for his bday. Patrick was flexible about our arrival time & welcomed us with a glass of wine & brief history of the home. Our Daisy room & bathroom were cozy and clean. The continental breakfast served by Michael was delicious. Homemade waffles with fresh fruit. I recommend this b&b to anyone!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank SKIWells
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We were greeted by Michael who gave us a warm welcome and showed us to the Dickerson Cottage just across the yard from the main house. The room was very comfortable with everything you need. Both the main house and the cottage are quaint and tastefully decorated - the cottage a little more contemporary in style.
The inclusive continental breakfast was very tasty - especially the pastries freshly prepared by Michael each morning. While Michael was at work in the kitchen he also gave us useful info on things to do in Dallas and how to get around.
We had 1 tiny problem with the toilet cistern which was sorted out on the second day and we were given a cooked breakfast for the trouble. It was delicious and again beautifully prepared by Michael.
If you're a light sleeper you probably need to take earplugs as the Inn is very close to the bars, clubs and restaurants on the Cedar Springs strip (and under the flight path from Love Fields airport) but if, like us, you want to be in the heart of the action, the Daisy Polk is ideally situated.

Room Tip: The Dickerson cottage would be ideal for a group of friends sharing the 3 rooms as it has its own ki...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Colin B
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Great 19th century house. Spacious, classic interior. Upon arrival we were very well received by Wayne, the owner. Wayne offered us a good glass of wine which we happily accepted, great service and the reason we love to stay in B&B's. Our room was pretty and comfortable. Breakfast cooked by chef the next day was good.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
daisypolk, Owner at Daisy Polk Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Thank you very much. It was a pleasure sharing a glass of wine with both you. I hope you get a chance to visit us again and spend a little more time.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Unfortunately we only stayed for 2 nights in this excellent B&B. Daisy Polk is located in Oak Lawn and is easily accessible to Downtown via the KATY trail, an elevated walkway along an old railway track. Michael serves breakfast daily offering the opportunity for a stimulating conversation. We will definitely return for a longer stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple