“A Huge Value for the Buck!”

Comfort Inn North Dallas Near The Galleria
Ranked #122 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
A TripAdvisor Member
Whitehouse, Texas, USA
Reviewed August 24, 2013

extremely kind and efficient hotel staff, especially Christina. location is in a somewhat busy intersection but hotel staff are helpful in making the most of it. this LQ is one of the best we have ever had the pleasure to stay at. A huge value for the price.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Stay off 635 near Galleria - construction. Staff was very friendly & helpful. Rooms & hotel clean. Nothing fancy, but enjoyed our one night stay. Breakfast was ok, but they did have hot items on menu. Bring your own seasonings or hot sauce.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed here this past weekend for a fun weekend with the family. Its hard to get to because of the construction right outside of hotel. We were actually heading west on 635, and were right in front of hotel, but there was no exit, so we had to go all the way around hotel with bumper to bumper traffic, and it took about 15 minutes to get back around to! That is no fault of the hotel whatsoever, but something to keep in mind.
The hotel is newly decorated, so it looks very nice. Lobby was really nice, and the breakfast area was very nice, but small. The room was really nice, great bed and pillows, and towels. The first morning, I took a shower about 8am, and water was luke warm. Sunday morning, I had plenty of hot water, so keep that in mind.
Saturday morning about 5:30am, I could hear people taking showers, and then the doors starting slamming non-stop all morning. Never really been in a hotel that was that bad. People slamming doors isn't the hotels fault, but it sure was annoying. Also, we were on 2nd floor, and every step we took, it creaked.
Check-in was very easy. The young man was very polite and helpful. At check-out, the lady was very nice and friendly as well. I was very impressed with both.
My favorite part of the location was that they shared the parking lot with In-n-out burger, starbucks, and also a cvs if you forgot to pack something. We walked to starbucks every morning, and we also had burgers twice during our stay! Very cool, if you like either place.
We also found an awesome back way through the addition behind hotel. Absolutely no traffic, and we took a short drive to the Galleria and other great stuff.
I really liked this hotel for the price. Its in a good location, and when construction is finished, it will be much better to get in and out of. We felt for the price, it was a great place to stay. We will definitely stay here again for that price, and if are going to be in the downtown area. Downtown was around 10 or so easy miles. We saw about 4 families with dogs, but never heard any of them, so that is good.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Stepper950
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Okay,
So for what it promises to be La Quinta Inn is a stock-standard crash and go.
My lady and I used it as a base to explore Dallas.

It was a big far out from the bars I would prefer but on a great bus route, so you could get anywhere.

The pool was small and not really used.

Breakfast was sufficient (barely) but at least free with stay.

Room fair with good television and lighting.

The bath was tiny. Like I felt Huge in it. Wow.

All in all great until i pack and find someone's crack-pipe. That cost's a point anywhere in the world.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a room that faces the pool as it is a better view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I booked two weeks early on the La Quinta website and that is where I found the cheapest rate and I could still cancel. Got the room for $55.00. It was clean, it had a decent breakfast. Typical hotel breakfast but they also had a make your own waffle station along with sausage and eggs. They had a small but clean pool and hot tub. We were only in town for one night and we were going to a concert so we weren't really at the hotel that much during the first day but when we woke up, we went downstairs for breakfast and then got in the hot tub. I noticed that at 9:30 they were still bringing fresh food out for breakfast. They allowed us to have a late check out of 1:00 at no charge but I noticed a sign hanging up that said you could extend your check out to 6:00PM for $30.00. Thought I would keep that in mind for future trips. I recommend it if you want a clean no frills hotel. And, the hotel looks exactly like the pictures provided by management which is unusual. Hope this helps!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Urmama777
A La Quinta traveler
Phillipsburg, Kansas, USA
Reviewed June 2, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2013

As a business traveler, I'm looking for a clean, quiet, comfortable room that's big enough to provide a good workspace, but also has areas where I can relax while watching tv or reading. Throw in a few amenities and an efficient front desk staff, and I'm ready to face the next day.

This La Quinta fit my needs perfectly during a recent week-long stay.

The room was recently remodeled, and the furniture was brand-new. The pillow-top mattress makes for a great night's sleep. An oversized desk fit my laptop, printer and stacks of paperwork just fine. My room had a little sofa/coffee table arrangement that was great for kicking back. Housekeeping did a great job keeping the room immaculate. Despite the freeway construction taking place nearby, the room was quiet at all hours. (Actually, the outdoor sunrise service at the Baptist church across the street was louder than the freeway noise.)

The location at Central Expressway and I-635 makes this property ideal for the vacationer who's sightseeing around Dallas. There's good freeway access to everywhere in the city at a price much lower than the Uptown or Trade Mart hotels. The place is 100% non-smoking, it's pet-friendly, and there's a well-stocked snack canteen next to the front desk. The outdoor pool (with Jacuzzi) and patio area were shaded from the hottest afternoon sun.

The free continental breakfast was so-so, but the sunny dining area was one of the most functional I've seen at any La Quinta.

All in all, I certainly recommend this La Quinta to the business traveler and vacationer.

Room Tip: Ask for a west-facing room for a better view. (The east-facing rooms look out on the back of a neigh...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business