“A great meal with great service”

Kenny's Wood Fired Grill
Ranked #2 of 3,610 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Prestonwood Boulevard
Louisville, Kentucky
“A great meal with great service”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

The popovers are served hot and are wonderful. Our steaks and swordfish were excellent. Our server did a great job. We'll be back.

Visited May 2014

Lake Charles, Louisiana
“Fantastic food and staff”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Stopped here for lunch and was really pleased. We sat at the bar which was attended by a very friendly waitress. She would always stop and ask if we wanted anything or chatted us up when we had questions about the area. The food was filling and unique. Thier smoked BLT was something I wish I could recreate everyday. They offer daily specials and a long list of items I wish I could have tried. Their beer selection is unique... but a little pricey, however, they do offer quite a diverse liquor stash. It's a casual sit down, but a little more expensive than you'd think. Wish I was Addison more than once to visit this place again.

1 Thank jkells_13
Forney, Texas
“Great food, great staff -- even without electricity!”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I just returned from a delightful experience at Kenny's. What made it delightful was the cheerful staff when electrical power was lost along about a 2 mile stretch which included Kenny's. Despite not being able to serve hot food, wash dishes and see in the dark, the staff remained calm, cool and collected with great senses of humor. Everyone, including the guests, realized this was not a restaurant problem and simply accepted the situation and made the most of it.

I was able to try only the lobster deviled eggs which, it turned out, was plenty for my dinner along with the Texas-sized popover. I had planned to try the beef tenderloin crostini and the wood-grilled oysters but was unable to do so.

I sat at the chef's table, used my cell phone flashlight when I needed it, enjoyed my glass of wine and simply had a good time with other diners and the staff even though I was dining alone.

As I left, I complimented the manager on the cheerfulness of the staff and their "can do, carry on" attitude. He not only thanked me but offered a $20 gift certificate for my next visit.

Alas, I live out of town but not that far. This place just might entice me to drive a little bit and try the items I missed this time.

If it were possible, I would give Kenny's more than 5 stars. And, I rarely rate restaurants this highly.

1 Thank RevShutterbug
DFW, Texas
“Best Burger Ever”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Oh, my goodness!!! I make some pretty good burgers myself on the grill, but nothing like this. The woodfire taste really made this one stand out. We ordered the mushroom and brie burger medium rare. They came out perfectly and were Truly Outstanding. So much so, we had to try it a second time on Easter Sunday. Even though, not on the menu for that day, they still prepared them and they were Awesome!

Third time back, we will try out the steaks. I'm sure they will be great as well. You have to try this place.

1 Thank cruisinsince75
Dallas, Texas
“Great food and Service!”
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

The food is outstanding and the Service is superb! We love the atmosphere and the unique food offerings!