“MAKE RESERVATIONS!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Prestonwood Boulevard
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Great place, highly recommended.
It seems that this place always has a 45-60 minute wait, so make sure to make reservations.
16 ounce prime rib for $33 was awesome. Cooked perfectly.
Good atmosphere and very good service.

1  Thank JOHNRECERT
Write a ReviewReviews (1,157)

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We went to this restaurant on the recommendation of friends that had eaten there the night before. Granted, it was a Saturday night, and we knew every place would have a wait and would be busy, but when we came in and asked about getting a table, the hostess was very rude. There were NO other people waiting for a table, but she said it would be an hour. I asked how many were waiting, and she said, "We take reservations!"
OK - we left and had a very enjoyable meal elsewhere, and were more than happy to wait for a table.

4  Thank perleytraveler
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The variety was long and the menu short, great combo! Chicken and waffles street credit died here because of the higher ambiance but not the taste. Level up and make the drive. -Craig Alan

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Kenny's Woodfire Grill in Addison, Texas --- My Dad picked this restaurant because it rated was rated #1 in Addison and #6 in Dallas by D Magazine. So, to say the least, we went there with some pretty high hopes and expectations.

The restaurant itself had adequate lighting, but not "good" lighting... so I could say it was cozy in that respect. Tables and chairs were nice... The booth sitting area (which is where we sat) was comfortable enough. The menus were quite easy to read due to their physical size -- they were a thick cardboard material and about 14"x18"... print was plenty large to see menu option descriptions.

Food -- I began with having the caesar salad which was huge. The croutons were made of palenta, not bread. Flavor wise, they were ok, but not my personal favorite for croutons -- I prefer a bread based crouton. The salad itself was quite good -- the dressing was a very tasty dressing for caesar dressing. I believe it had anchovy paste in it, which in my opinion is a major necessity in having a good quality caesar dressing. For my entree, I ordered the shrimp and scallops. The shrimp were advertised as "U-10 shrimp" -- this means that the size of the shrimp is up to 10 shrimp per pound. Quite honestly, I would venture the shrimp was much closer to a U-15 shrimp. As for the preparation of the shrimp, to the eye, they looked quite tasty. They brought me a steak knife just before brining the plate to me & I wondered why I was getting a steak knife when having ordered shrimp and scallops -- I've never had to have a steak knife for shrimp or scallops before. Once I began to "dig in" on the shrimp, I knew why the steak knife was brought to me -- it was needed. The shrimp were cooked probably twice as long as they should have been and were literally as tough as a mediocre grade steak. I was quite disappointed. The sea scallops were average sized for sea scallops and no knife was needed to cut those. The sauce that accompanied both the shrimp and scallops was tasty enough, but due to the shrimp being so poorly cooked, made the overall experience quite disappointing for me. Lastly, the entree consisted of 2 shrimp and 2 scallops. For the $26 price tag on this entree, it was not a wise choice economically.

Just to give a quick rundown of what others with me had for dinner -- Dad had the steak sandwich and he reported that it was "far less than hoped for". Mom had a grilled chicken salad and could only stand to eat a few bites of her entree. George had a grilled chicken of some sort and reported that it was delicious. Megan had the filet mignon and said it was very good. I'll say this much too... when I saw Megan's filet, I immediately wished I had ordered it instead of what I ordered after seeing my entree and seeing hers. Live and learn.

Service was at least better than average. The waiter was quite friendly and knowlegable as well as being very attentive to our needs as to keeping our drinks refilled and checking to see how we were doing while eating.

So... overall......... Salad = A-. Shrimp and scallop entree = D. Service = B+. Overall price value = D.

Needless to say, I will pass on visiting this restaurant again.

2  Thank Mike B
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Dallas has it's own character. Smooth jazz, and most restaurants lack character. This one is different. Outstanding food, and just as important, excellent service. I asked for a cold martini. Halfway through, the bartender, Brian, brought me a new, frozen martini glass and poured mine in it! Nobody does that! You can walk from there to Chamberlain's cigar lounge. Perfect. Highly recommended.