“Excellent food but dark and noisy”

Kenny's Wood Fired Grill
Ranked #3 of 3,640 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Prestonwood Boulevard
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Was in the area on business and decided to go to Kenny's for dinner. We did not experience the wait that others reported as we were seated immediately. The food was fabulous. The Carne Asada was spicy and the steak melted in your mouth. The sides were generous and they gave the option of half sides if we wanted to try more. My only complaint was that it was very dark in the restaurant and extremely noisy. It was hard to carry on a conversation and hard to see your dinner. But if you want we'll-prepared meat nd fish, it's a great place to go.

There are newer reviews for Kenny's Wood Fired Grill

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I really enjoyed this restaurant, and from the wait we encountered, so do many others. The seating area is rather small - half of the place is devoted to the bar, with half for restaurant seating. We were told there would be a half hour wait, and went to the bar area to try to find a place to sit during that time. The place was so busy, there wasn't anything available. However, the service is so good, a server came to where we stood and took drink orders from us. The wait passed quickly thanks to such an attentive staff. I was impressed with how professional everyone we encountered was - the hostess, the bartender, the server, and the bus staff. The food itself was amazing. Fantastic french onion soup...the best tilapia (served oscar-style) I've ever encountered...amazing mac and cheese...superb creamed spinach...and popovers the size of grapefruits. My only complaint is that there was so much food, I couldn't finish it all.

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

In town for a business trip and tried this restaurant after just looking for nearby places on line. It's in a strip mall area, but don't let that scare you away. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but inside, there is great energy and atmosphere. I sat at the chef's table and watched their impressive kitchen in action! The plates all looked fabulous. I enjoyed the seared ahi salad with ginger dressing - wonderful! Service was spot on as well and the prices were very reasonable. Would definitely go back if I was back in town.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We ate there for Sunday dinner and it was busy so we ate at the bar. The bartenders were great and served us as good as any server could. Their fresh hot bread free appetizer was delicious and each person gets their own. The barbeque / fire roasted meats are excellent. Highly recommend…: )

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We have some good friends from DFW who have been raving to us about Kenny's for almost two years. We finally talked them into taking us there for a late lunch a couple of weeks ago. They were not lying this entire time.

I really appreciate restaurants in DFW that have retained their own identities, and have not sold out their souls too much to lure in the ever-fickle DFW dining crowd. Kenny's has a truly unique menu, service and atmosphere that is very hard to match anywhere else in Dallas. It has a fine-dining feel with a more casual environment. Yet everything about the food and service is top-notch.

I ordered one of the burgers, and it was definitely one of the best I have had at a restaurant. The bun was incredibly fresh, and none of the ingredients outweighed the others. It was a very well-balanced burger.

They had a great selection of canned / bottled beers, and their vodka selection is one of the best I've ever seen.