“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

Kenny's Wood Fired Grill
Ranked #3 of 3,431 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Prestonwood Boulevard
Charlotte, NC
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I really enjoyed this restaurant, and from the wait we encountered, so do many others. The seating area is rather small - half of the place is devoted to the bar, with half for restaurant seating. We were told there would be a half hour wait, and went to the bar area to try to find a place to sit during that time. The place was so busy, there wasn't anything available. However, the service is so good, a server came to where we stood and took drink orders from us. The wait passed quickly thanks to such an attentive staff. I was impressed with how professional everyone we encountered was - the hostess, the bartender, the server, and the bus staff. The food itself was amazing. Fantastic french onion soup...the best tilapia (served oscar-style) I've ever encountered...amazing mac and cheese...superb creamed spinach...and popovers the size of grapefruits. My only complaint is that there was so much food, I couldn't finish it all.

Visited August 2013

CO
“great flavored Bar-b-que”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We ate there for Sunday dinner and it was busy so we ate at the bar. The bartenders were great and served us as good as any server could. Their fresh hot bread free appetizer was delicious and each person gets their own. The barbeque / fire roasted meats are excellent. Highly recommend…: )

Visited August 2013
Tyler, Texas
“Excellent "off the map" restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We have some good friends from DFW who have been raving to us about Kenny's for almost two years. We finally talked them into taking us there for a late lunch a couple of weeks ago. They were not lying this entire time.

I really appreciate restaurants in DFW that have retained their own identities, and have not sold out their souls too much to lure in the ever-fickle DFW dining crowd. Kenny's has a truly unique menu, service and atmosphere that is very hard to match anywhere else in Dallas. It has a fine-dining feel with a more casual environment. Yet everything about the food and service is top-notch.

I ordered one of the burgers, and it was definitely one of the best I have had at a restaurant. The bun was incredibly fresh, and none of the ingredients outweighed the others. It was a very well-balanced burger.

They had a great selection of canned / bottled beers, and their vodka selection is one of the best I've ever seen.

• Visited July 2013
“Great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Excellent steak and salad. Waiter was very nice. Nice selection of wine and beer. Go early because it gets busy.

Visited May 2013
“Perfectionly prepared and proportioned!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I eat fish 4-5 days per week so I know my fish. The salmon melted in my mouth! It was marinated and cook over wood fire as it should be. Not too smokey, not too sweet, not over cooked. I was astounded!!!
They also served delicious popovers! I've never had such as this. They were light little buttery puffs.
I ordered a glass of Sonoma Cutrer Chardonnay that was the compliment to my meal.
The asparagus was cooked just right with a light vinegrette seasoning.
If I had one complaint it would be the seasonal vegetable-the green beans were undercooked to the point of being chewy. I love vegetables and especially w a bit of snap so its not like I was being too picky. My husband also commented that he didn't like them either.
We are spending a few days in the area next week. I will be frequenting this restaurant.

Visited July 2013

Been to Kenny's Wood Fired Grill? Share your experiences!