“Worst Mani/Pedi Ever”
Review of Pure Spa and Salon

Pure Spa and Salon
Ranked #5 of 41 Spas & Wellness in Dallas
More attraction details
Owner description: Pure Spa and Salon is an upscale, full service spa and salon offering hair, nail, massage and skin care services for men and women. We’re located on Mockingbird Lane in the Mockingbird Station district. Our professional, qualified staff offers modern and sophisticated services in our first-class facility. We are focused on providing you with superior customer service in a relaxed and welcoming environment. We’re committed to keep you to looking and feeling your absolute best!
Dallas, TX
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Worst Mani/Pedi Ever”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

The nail technician first gave me a dirty wine glass to start off. Then she proceeded to tell me about how she got scabies at a hospital when she had her baby and how she works 3 jobs. When it was time for the hot stone portion of the pedicure, she massages a total of 1 minute on each leg if you could call it a massage. She rubbed the rocks over my shin bone and really made it non-enjoyable. Then she came out and told me that she did not feel well, but would do my manicure. She did not file my nails evenly and did not even paint my nails to my cuticles. I do a better job.

Visited June 2014

San Antonio, Texas
“WARNIG: Charges on your Credit Card”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

This place charges your card before you are seen and doesn't tell you the price till after they charge you. Not worth it. People were rude and unprofessional.

Visited May 2014
Rowlett, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pure Aaaaaah.”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Had a wonderful time with a good friend. Didn't use steam room, but whirlpool and rain shower were great way to relax and prepare for most excellent mani pedi I have ever had, and I've been everywhere! Could use wider range of robe sizes. Water room whirlpool water was too hot when we arrived, went to front desk, and it was quickly shot full with cool jets to bring it down to bearable. Could benefit from adding extra towel stash in water room itself, as mine got soaked by accident. Otherwise terrific! Jennifer (who did my nails) and Nancy are a hoot (especially together). They kept the wine and water flowing. Jennifer is a thorough, attentive professional who has my lower legs smoother than they've ever been and my feet as callous-free as they've been since before I started running years ago. Her hot stone massage is incredible. Overall amazing. They even gave Groupon rate without forcing us to buy the Groupon (though their services' regular prices are reasonable for the quality of the experience). Will definitely be returning.

Visited May 2014
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Nice place... Will definitely return!”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

My friend and I went here using their mani-pedi Groupon (I was treating her for her bday). Let me first say, we got there right at the start of our 5:30 appt and since it was the last appt of the day, we were not able to use the complimentary Waterhouse (steam room, jacuzzi) so I cannot speak on that. The staff were cool about it though and gave us complimentary passes to come back and use it another day. Their first check plus! We were able to walk through the Waterhouse and were really excited to return and use it!

I'm known for being long-winded on these things so I will just keep it short, sweet, and simple... Go to Nancy!! She was fantastic!! She really took the time on my hands and feet and was also very personable. I will say though that there were times that I wanted to sit back, close my eyes, and enjoy the massage but she would strike up a conversation and ruin that moment of tranquility. My friend had a girl named Tweet (or something like that). Needless to say, she was not pleased. She did not get the spa experience that I paid for. No massage on the hands and her spa pedicure was sub-par.

All in all, the place has very nice! There is a spa feeling and the workers there are very nice and accommodating (they offer you water and wine while you're getting serviced).

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Natashia C
East Texas
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Works in a pinch”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We've bought several vouchers for this spa over the past year, each experience has been different. The first time my massage therapist smacked his gum during my entire massage...total waste of money. The next times I requested different therapists and have had three different ones, all of which were good. One in particular, told me that his massage was going to be different that most. He wasn't lying! I have never had a massage like his before. It was not relaxing at all, but it was exactly what I needed that particular day. He told me several times that he's been slapped at by clients, due to the pain. But it hurt so good! As I was leaving, he informed me that in the fall he won't be available on weekends because he works for the Packers.....Ah!! that's it! It was a sports massage! I slept better than even that night. I loved it.
As for the facilities, I've seen them cleaner. The past few times I've gone, it has been dirty. The steam room needed a good wiping down and removal of trash. The locker rooms are very small, with limited changing room. The "water house" is co-ed and shared with the adjoining gym, so don't be surprised to see a co-mingling in the whirlpool and steam room. It's been pretty quiet each time I've been, so it's really no big deal.
The salon side needs a little scheduling help, I believe. I scheduled a mani/pedi and was waiting well into 20 minutes past me appointment time. The excuse was that the previous client was running over her time. It cut into MY schedule, so I was unable to have both my scheduled services. They di give me a $20 coupon for next time, though. I can say I won't be getting another pedicure there. It wasn't good. I will, however, return for massages. It's the perfect place to run to if you're in a pinch and just need a good massage.

Visited August 2013