All reviews knife restaurant exhale spa mockingbird station front desk smu campus great hotel room service katy trail bush library northpark mall boutique hotel valet parking beautiful property would stay here again business or pleasure corner room room was spacious
Selected filters
Reviewed September 12, 2016

We stayed three nights and found the rooms to be very comfortable. Bed and bedding was awesome. Shades worked well and kept the room dark in the am.

The restaurant on site called Knife was wonderful. Food was special. We had the new age cuts which were more affordable.

Valet was prompt. Health facility featured peloton spin bikes which was nice. Deal at spa was worth doing.

Great location right on the SMU campus. Bush library was terrific. Fun trip.

Room tip: We were on haughty floor on the opposite side of highway so no noise.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steve J
lemmondd, General Manager at The Highland Dallas, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2016

Dear Steve J -

Great to have you with us at The Highland Dallas during your visit to Texas.

I'm glad you were comfortable and found the bedding to be awesome too! Always great to hear feedback on Knife as we do think it is a highlight of the Hotel. We just added The Peloton bicycles into our Fitness Center, thanks so much for noticing.

Let us know when you are ready for some more Fun at The Highland.

Reviewed September 12, 2016

We just stayed one night for a quick business trip to Dallas. This hotel was in the area we needed to stay and reasonably priced. We did not use any amenities other than the valet which was fast and friendly. Check in and out was a breeze. The room was comfortable and clean. It had a dark shade to block out the light and a super comfy bed. My only complaint was that I left a dress in the room and called after I left to check on the dress. The person at the front desk acted completely annoyed and transferred my call to the housekeeping voicemail and said "hopefully someone will call you back." They never did!! Super disappointing end to what could have been a near perfect stay.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Loml28 -

We are so happy that The Highland Dallas was your choice for the quick stay in town. I am glad you found the beds comfortable and the shades a nice touch in the rooms.

I am so sorry that you had difficulty connecting with our team on the dress left behind when you departed. We certainly would like to make sure that we reunite guests with their lost or forgotten items. Please do let us know if you have not been able to connect so we can check on that dress for you.

Reviewed September 11, 2016

Nice hotel in a convenient location. It could use a little upgrading of some of the amenities - bathroom, lighting, nothing major. I will be staying here again. Knife is good, but the steaks was either too salty (and I like salt) or the grind of the black pepper was so large it was like chewing kitty litter. Burger was great. Wedge salad was great.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear TheOODALoop -

Glad to have you with us on your visit to Dallas. The location is terrific - convenient to so much that Dallas has to offer!

We have shared your feedback on the Knife experience with the team! I'm glad you found the burger and wedge to be great. The coarse pepper analogy sends a clear message.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!

Reviewed September 8, 2016

My wife and I and another couple were in town for the USC Alabama game and stayed in this hotel. Highly recommended. It is a beautiful property in a great location, right across from SMU and ten minutes from Dallas/Love Field. The hotel staff was top notch and the restaurant, Knife, was superb. The pool was also top notch. Would stay again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Curio – A Collection by Hilton
todd t, Manager at The Highland Dallas, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2016

Dear Alex,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor! I'm so glad you enjoyed the hotel and our wonderful location! Your compliments regards the hotel staff and Knife will be shared with everyone.

Thanks again and we look forward to your return.

Regards,

Todd Rodgers
Hotel Manager

Reviewed September 7, 2016

Location and cleanliness can't be beat, but please don't judge Texas based on the decor. As a Yankee convert to Dallas I know there is much to love about Texas, but these rooms are decorated with the intent to promote negative stereotypes - including a life sized image of a heavily armed cowgirl on the window shade in the room. Freaked out my daughter, and even creepy to me

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Curio – A Collection by Hilton
todd t, Manager at The Highland Dallas, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2016

Dear Kristen L,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor! I'm glad we can agree that the location and cleanliness of the hotel can't be beat. While our décor may not appeal to all, we have received many compliments from other guests that actually enjoyed our fresh new look! My apologies if the unique artwork made you or your daughter feel uncomfortable. That was never our intention.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Regards,