Belmont Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewssmoke restaurantoak cliffdallas skylinethe bishop arts districtterrace suitemain buildingworth avenuegreat little boutique hotelrooms are basicskyline viewgorgeous poolcool hotelfun barvalet parkinguber ridestayed here for two nightsbaymont
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We stayed at the Belmont for 2 nights. This place is almost great but the styling is very confused with rather cheap and not very stylish finishings and decorations, which detract from the overall mood this place is trying to aspire to. No dressing gowns and having to request a coffee maker also is irritating. However the hotel does have good views and spacious rooms.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We visit family in Dallas occasionally, and only found the Belmont on this latest trip. Our only regret is that we hadn't found this fine retro motor hotel years earlier. The property is unique, lovely and hip. The staff were friendly, professional and attentive. The room was big, clean and cool. The view of downtown was lovely. Loved the little bar. If you're staying in that part of Dallas, stay here!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 10, 2013

This was my fourth stay at the Belmont. Three times I was traveling with my wire-haired fox terrier. It is THE BEST place I have ever stayed with him. The lovely grounds are perfect for walking and since the Belmont is a classic motor court, we step right out of the room to the walk, not having to go through an interior corridor. Unlike some of the places we stay that will not allow even a well-behaved dog to stay in the room alone, the Belmont Is OK with that. As a result, when I go in the summer and it's too hot to leave him in the car I am able to visit friends, shop, and tour museums knowing he is comfortably ensconced in the Belmont. The pet fee is only $10 for the first night only no matter how many days the stay.
The Belmont is committed to customer service. Last week I was planning to leave on Friday when I heard the forecast of the huge ice storm which ultimately shut Dallas down for several days. I decided I had better change my plans and get out while I could. Unfortunately, the time to cancel a reservation was 3:00 p.m., and it was 5:00 when I asked at the front desk if I could still cancel. The fellow called the manager and she said, given the circumstances, she would give me until 10:00 p.m. to cancel with no penalty. It was very kind of them to bend the rules in this way.
As to the room, the bar, etc., it's all good, as is covered in many of the other positive reviews.l

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I was looking for an Original Hotel with historic value and location; and I found it in the Belmont Hotel in Dallas. I was given room 31 which was on the Road side so not a good view out my window bu I was there for only one night and I did have a lovely garden out front with water feature. I would suggest asking for a room off the back side which has a beautiful view of Downtown across the river ( i attached a photo)....it also has a quaint inside and outside bar/lounge area and the people are very nice...they also are in partners with Smoke the restaurant right next door. It is not your Typical Barbeque place, try 5 notches above and you wil pay for it but it is worth it. However Do not Order their Key lime Pie, I don't care how good they say it is...It is not....Hotel and restaurant is well worth staying and trying...Great location!

Room Tip: South side rooms with View
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 22, 2013

The staff was very helpful, and the bar and restaurant on site were also nice, surprisingly full for a Tuesday night. Best of all, the view was fantastic from our room. Some might say it is outdated, but it was clean and everything worked.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple