“Sweet refurbished motel serves as a hip resort”
Review of Belmont Hotel

Belmont Hotel
Ranked #77 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
New York City, New York
“Sweet refurbished motel serves as a hip resort”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The rooms are simple and modern, and the views of the Dallas skyline are really quite stunning. They have also done a great job with the landscaping-- very pretty area to walk around to the bungalows, pool, and bar. The common areas are very cool, with funky decor and art for sale and good music playing. The room service all comes from the great bbq place, Smoke, and there is complimentary coffee and tea in the lobby. The staff was very sweet. A complimentary shuttle made it convenient for me to stay here and attend a conference at the Hilton Anatole. Apparently Dallas locals will come for the weekend to enjoy a mini-vacation here. I can see why. One glitch included long waits for the shuttle at one point (1 hr when I was told 15 min) and long waits for taxis to come to the hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a skyline view
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I can't say enough about my stay at the Belmont. The room was just adorable, the staff is over the top. I felt like a 50's movie star! It's hard to believe this oasis is tucked away in South Dallas! From the moment I arrived it was special. From the lovely HAND WRITTEN welcome letter on the bed to shuttle service around the area, everything was just perfect. My room had the most stunning view of Dallas I've ever seen! I so wish I could remember all of the names of staff I met. You were all so special. If I were Undercover Boss you would each receive a BIG bonus! I didn't get to visit SMOKE, I was only able to stay one night. I did, however, order room service for breakfast (so I could work from the room) and it was great. Oh my goodness that bacon was to die for. My next visit I will definitely be eating at SMOKE! Thank you so much Belmont Hotel for making a short but special trip even more wonderful!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper you might want to ask for a quiet room. I did hear the traffic, but I am...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed October 1, 2013

A nice change from the chain hotels. Charming, eclectic , hotel with excellent front desk staff. Only stayed one night and did not eat at Smokes restaurant next door as it seemed too pricey . Also we are not meat eaters and the menu had no real vegetarian choices . You can park for free at the restaurant parking lot at the back and then walk back to the hotel thru a small gate. This lot is unpaved and I think it could present a problem for older folks as it is uneven and could be messy in bad weather. Valet parking is$15 a day. Our room was simple and elegant. The handwritten welcome note was a nice touch. Small flat screen TV but we hardly used it. Bathroom tiles showed their age. But clean with nice toiletries. Free coffee and tea in the lobby in the morning. Convenient location to the sites we visited .

Room Tip: Bungalows were not available. We stayed on the first floor, quiet area and was fine for one night .
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Tyler, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 30, 2013

vintage, eclectic, view that cannot be missed, spartan and comfortable, laid back and minutes from Bishop's arts district. I miss you already! We will be back as soon as we can. We are artsy people who love to try new boutique/refurbished or themed hotels. While this one is not luxury it is perfect in it's simplicity. Love the pool btw. We sat there for the sunset and watched the Dallas lights come on - perfect view.

Room Tip: make sure you get a suite with an unobstructed view of downtown Dallas. absolutely worth it!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

The hotel itself isn't bad but there are a few things that kept it from being a great hotel to stay at. There is no parking at the hotel itself unless you valet which is $15. Otherwise you have to park next door at Smoke and walk through an unpaved empty lot to get to the hotel...it seemed weird. The hotel tries to be up to date and modern but the parking inconvenience and the empty lot don't match with the hotels vibe. We stayed in the main building and the acoustics are horrible. You can hear everything so don't plan on sleeping in. The Belmont is an old hotel that has been renovated and I get that, it's part of its charm but the hotel should pay attention to room repairs. While not a big deal but the walls in the room were scuffed and the bathroom tiles and trim could use a good scrubbing. So again it's not the best but not the worst hotel I've ever stayed. The neighborhood is non-descript but in close proximity to everything. All the main attractions are like 10 minutes away so that's a definite plus.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank erikah527
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Our stay at the Belmont was most enjoyable and fun. It is well located near downtown Dallas with views of downtown. We went for a college football game at Cowboy stadium (AT&T now) and had easy access to I30 to that area. Each day and evening we went to the Bishop Arts District, a revitalized area in Oak Cliff. ALL the restaurants were excellent--food very good, bar cocktails premium, and wine lists outstanding - and only 10 minutes from the Belmont. I was amazed that the Belmont Bar stocked many premium liquors and so did the restaurants. Where I live in Houston, one has to go to a BAR to get knowledgeable cocktails and really pay extra for premium liquor. We went over Labor Day - it's a fun STEP-BACK-IN-TIME, and we will return!!

Room Tip: The Junior Suite especially has a magnificent of downtown Dallas and is very close to the swimming p...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
New York, NY
Reviewed August 31, 2013

The whole vibe of The Belmont, the views, outdoor deck, proximity to the OUTSTANDING Smoke restaurant next door, and the pool area are really excellent. Front desk staff were courteous and helpful when we asked for assistance. In terms of room for improvement: the room we had, which was on the second floor of the main building, was a bit institutional, so much so that it even had a bit of an echo. While that is part of the charm, the bathroom could definitely have used a face-lift and the room needed just a bit more of TLC. We found it odd that there was no dresser in the room so the only place to store clothes was by hanging them in the closet, otherwise you just live out of your suitcase. The room also definitely needs a safe, given that The Belmont is a big hang-out spot on weekends and plenty of people are coming and going. We enjoyed the complimentary coffee and tea every morning although it would have been nice if the hotel provided a light snack in the morning also, such as muffins, fruit, etc - going next store to Smoke every morning would be a heavy and expensive way to start each day! The proximity to the Bishop Arts area is a real draw. The welcome brochure in each room provides a great little history of the hotel & some fantastic suggestions of what to do in the are. Even with all the criticisms I have to give The Belmont 4 out of 5 because there is not a lot out there like it!

Room Tip: I would not stay in the main house again, some of the rooms in the other buildings looked as if they...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family