New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #61 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
Austin, Texas
“Home away from home...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is one of my favorite places in the world. Not only are the staff amazing, but the view of the city from this place is breathtaking.

The rooms are spacious (pay a little extra and get a deluxe room, you'll thank me later), and some have their own little patios with great sitting areas. The grounds are well kept and beautiful.

Go have a drink at Bar Belmont before dinner at Smoke or go lounge on the big lawn in front of the pool. I think you'll fall in love with the vintage charm of this little gem.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JennEliz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

everything about the Belmont is perfect, wonderful design, great food and friendly doting service - because of its odd location parking is up on this hill above but they take you and your luggage there on a golf cart, which works with the Belmont's quirky feel. The view over Dallas makes you feel like you are in the Hollywood Hills. When I stay at the Belmont I find myself liking Dallas more.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Belmont Hotel for a overnight getaway. I couldn't have been more pleased. It was a precious little hotel, very clean, and it truly felt like a mini vacation. Dallas can be very cookie cutter and I didn't have that feeling at all! The only thing I wished we had done is stayed in one of the suites with a patio view of the city.

Arlington, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Not happy about this hotel. The views were nice along with it being close to downtown. Besides that not worth the stay the area horrible the parking worst my car got hit while I slept and was told their cameras wasn't working so a hit and run. I had a bad feeling about staying there soon as they told me I had to park away from the hotel but I had never been in that area and was already booked so lesson learned I won't be back.

• 3 of 5 stars
Mason S, General Manager at Belmont Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Good afternoon,

Thank you for your feedback. It is true that we are in an industrial neighborhood that has its share of issues like many neighborhoods in Dallas. However it is in transition & growing quickly, so we expect many great businesses to become our neighbors very soon.

If I can be of any assistance please contact me personally and let me know. We do hope you will give us another try in the future.

Mason Spagna
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I love the Belmont. It's beautiful, there are giant rosemary bushes, a perfect view of downtown, a bar with wonderful drinks, and its next door to smoke, which promises to deliver. We were there on new years eve and were staying in one of the Deluxe rooms, which was very minimalist, but still lovely. I would say the rooms are a little high, but what you are paying for is not the luxuries of the room - its the rest that comes with the hotel. As for the room, the bathrooms are tiny, the bed is comfy, the view is wonderful. It's clean and the art is fun. Sure, the TV is small, but why are you watching TV with a view like that on a patio that pleasant?? The only thing was we didn't ask for a deluxe room, and it wasn't a free upgrade or anything like that - we were told we were paying for a standard room until we were talking with the other people in our same group about what they were paying for their rooms and it was less...we booked as a group so that didn't make a lot of sense. The guy at the front desk that night was way overworked (i guess that is to be expected on new years eve) and way helpful. Kudos to him! he was running around keeping everyone happy and did an amazing job. At one point, we were locked out of our room - the battery on the front key reader wasn't working, and no manager could get a key to work on the side door - we were away from new years celebrations for probably about an hour or more trying to figure this out. needless to say - we figured it out... it was a pain though. That was really not the problem we had with the hotel though. In the morning when we were checking out, the man at the front desk repeatedly shut me down when attempting to figure out how we got into a deluxe room, I explained everyone i had talked to and every email i had gotten and he wouldn't listen. He just continued to say the same things over and over and not attempt to understand my question. The room was fine, so I went past that to tell him about the room problem the night before with the key, as the person we had worked with before asked us to mention this. The morning staff blew us off completely and never even once so much as said sorry for your inconvenience. He just turned red and got defensive. After getting the run around and no where in conversation with this guy, I gave up. With some people its just always going to be "the customer is always wrong".

It's such a great hotel, and as such, a terrible staff experience isn't going to stop me from going back, unless i have another run in with the morning guy--i will probably think about twice before deciding to spend a little extra to stay here again, and the wonderful attitude of the evening staff is probably what saved me as a customer. I had to put average on the service rating only because that was the only way to demonstrate the 1-star service and the 5-star service received over the course of the day. Great place, but i may just return for a drink on the bar patio, the external atmosphere, and the view of downtown, without having to have a chance encounter of dealing with rude staff.

Room Tip: "Deluxe rooms have a nice outdoor seating area with them."
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed at the Belmont for two nights and really enjoyed our stay. The people from the staff were really nice and provided us with really amazing recommendations of places to go in Dallas (restaurants, shops, bars ...).
The room was comfortable, Simply furnished but with taste.
The restaurant of the Hotel is a very very good. Breakfast is outstanding. the barbecue food for Dinner is a really good too.

Room Tip: I would definitely recommend first floor rooms rather than ground floor's.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Husband arranged surprise overnight trip with dinner at Smoke for 28th anniversary. We live in dfw area. Unique hotel with great room and bit of retro feel. Room nicely appointed with refrigerator, sitting area and flatscreen tv though we didnt watch. Huge double shower and nice separate tub in bdrm. Bed was very comfortable king size. Hotel had small bar with nice casual feel and great drink menu; a scaled down version of wonderful Smoke restaurant. Chose valet parking since weather was chilly. Access to sites in S Dallas area and shuttle within 3 mile radius that gave us ride to Kessler theater. Would definitely recommend for unique experience with luxury feel.