“Overpriced and not enough bang for your buck”

W Dallas Victory Hotel
Ranked #47 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed August 24, 2010

I stayed here for the first time earlier this week with my Mom for a Women of Faith conference at the American Airlines Center across the street from the hotel. The convenient location is the only thing I really enjoyed during our stay.
We had no idea until we got to the room that there is barely any privacy in the bathroom. The tub/shower is not separated by a door. So you have to pull a curtain all the way across the room to separate the bath from the bedroom. Also, the only wall outlet in the bath area was very low on a wall between the tub and sink- not very safe with lots of water around.
The first night we were there, I barely slept at all as I could not sleep under their very thick down comforter. This was the middle of August- too hot for down comforters. There were no other options for bedding in the room. The second day, I called and asked for a different blanket and that one was much better.
Finally, three days after staying here, I noticed that I was charged the full amount on my credit card even though we asked the man at the front desk to put half on my mother's card and half on mine. Not sure why that was not done.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank supernat07

Reviewed July 29, 2010

Pretty inexpensive. Rooms are nice, is overdone. Also, the shower isn't in a separate room, but you can draw a curtain that separates the bathroom from the bedroom. Since we were a large party, we just chose not to use it. The management kept getting things wrong and were generally an annoyance. We complained, they offered us a later checkout time and then the next day asked why we hadn't left yet. No communication. Also, not

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed July 19, 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed just one Saturday night at the W Dallas in Victory Park but were initially impressed by the hotel's smooth operations and friendly staff. After we left and realized we had forgotten some clothes in the closet of the room we were very impressed by how the hotel handled the situation. When I called the front desk and told them what happened I was immediately directed to a "Lost & Found" department. I spoke to Girard (sp?) who was very friendly and was told the W would FedEx our clothes back to us on their dollar! We received the clothes in four days and the items were fully intact with the garment bag zipped and folded nicely in a box. It definitely capped off a great stay and we'll be going back. Thank you W!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2010

We spent 2 nights at the W for my birthday in July 2010. We had a wonderful experience. After reading some reviews, I was worried it would be a little too "trendy" for us. It wasn't at all. Every single staff member we encountered was friendly and welcoming. The lobby was beautiful. We requested a high floor, and we were given that. We were on the 15th floor and the view of Downtown Dallas was wonderful. My husband told them we were celebrating my birthday before we got there. When we arrived in our room there was a yummy little chocolate cake with a Happy Birthday card from the hotel. Very nice touch.

The rooms were a *little* on the small side, but it didn't bother us at all. We loved the rooms, very well decorated, very clean. The bed was large and the mattress was very comfortable. The TV was a large flat screen. The bathroom didn't have walls, just a curtain you could close for privacy. It made the room feel a lot bigger, so I liked it. The shower was wonderful and the water pressure was great.

My husband and I workout a lot. Typically a hotel gym will have a couple of treadmills and not much else. Well, the W was not typical! They had everything we needed to get in some great workouts. Plenty of exercise machines, bikes, ellipticals, treadmills. As well as a lot of hand weights, a bar bells, mats, med balls. There were windows surrounding the gym and it was also on a high floor so the view was great. All the equipment was very well kept, new and clean.

We absolutely loved the pool. We got up there early so there weren't many people. The pool was clean, plenty of towels, the lounge chairs were comfortable and clean (and cute!). You needed a key to get in and out of the pool area and there was a guard there. It made me feel very secure leaving my purse on our lounge chair while we swam. There was also a bar there and a sitting area so you could order food and drinks.

I can't say enough good about this hotel. We definitely plan to return on our next trip to Dallas.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2010

In Dallas for a Texas Ranger baseball game. Stayed at the W at the recommondation of my son. Staff was very attentive. Waitress and bartenders friendly and engaging. The pool on the 16th floor is a must see. The view was incredable both day and night.

Food in the main dining room was good. Light fair in the main bar along with complimenary coffee in the A.M.

Ghost bar on the 33rd floor for $15.00 (Cover charge, women free) is probably worth the view. Glass enclosed outdoor sitting area off the bar for smokers and viewing the city lights. Lots of music and plenty of people in both the 1st floor and Ghost bars at night.

Room and beds were perfect. All in all a great place to stay to get a feel for downtown Dallas nightlife.

P.S. The Orioles won.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed June 28, 2010

I stay at the W Victory in Dallas once a month for the past 3 years and have been delighted by the service, quite rooms, cleaniness, design, and VALUE of this great hotel. I travel frequently around the US and UK and am a loyal Starwoods guest. The W Victory Dallas is by far, one of the finest W's and Starwood properties have have stayed in. I am very particular about the deisgn, cleaniness, even scent of a room and this W has all features very pleasing and cpomfortable, even the BLISS toiletries are GREAT! AND the CRAFT hotel restaurant is great FINE dining from NYC, a great Zagat highly recommedned restaurant, well deserved ratings. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND any Dallas visitor to stay at this fine hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 12, 2010

As a current fan of W Hotels, I was expecting to be wowed and I was.The room and the service was great except I noticed the outdoor bar area did not get turned and cleaned without asking.We even met a guy and his dog who live there.He was great! I dream of living at a W someday so I was thrilled.I saw Mark Cuban in the lobby restaurant,looking hot! Sitting at the outside bar,we could see the jumbo TV across the street for the away Mavericks game.Went to Ghost Bar every night.The bartenders there were great.There was a b eautiful pool ,too freezing to use.They could make a lot of money up there if they just heated the pool. Also, I am addicted to Craft the yummy restaurant in the lobby.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
GMThomas, General Manager at W Dallas Victory Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2010

Thank you for your wonderful feedback!

Your profile lists "Nothing But The Best" as your travel style and we are glad to hear that we at W Dallas lived up to this and that you were WOWed in every area of the hotel- the service, guestrooms, Living Room Bar, Ghostbar, Wet, and Craft!

We look forward to welcoming you back each time your travels bring you to Dallas from Scottsdale.

Warmest wishes,