“Management should communicate” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #52 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Management should communicate”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2010

Pretty inexpensive. Rooms are nice, is overdone. Also, the shower isn't in a separate room, but you can draw a curtain that separates the bathroom from the bedroom. Since we were a large party, we just chose not to use it. The management kept getting things wrong and were generally an annoyance. We complained, they offered us a later checkout time and then the next day asked why we hadn't left yet. No communication. Also, not

• Stayed July 2010
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed just one Saturday night at the W Dallas in Victory Park but were initially impressed by the hotel's smooth operations and friendly staff. After we left and realized we had forgotten some clothes in the closet of the room we were very impressed by how the hotel handled the situation. When I called the front desk and told them what happened I was immediately directed to a "Lost & Found" department. I spoke to Girard (sp?) who was very friendly and was told the W would FedEx our clothes back to us on their dollar! We received the clothes in four days and the items were fully intact with the garment bag zipped and folded nicely in a box. It definitely capped off a great stay and we'll be going back. Thank you W!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2010

We spent 2 nights at the W for my birthday in July 2010. We had a wonderful experience. After reading some reviews, I was worried it would be a little too "trendy" for us. It wasn't at all. Every single staff member we encountered was friendly and welcoming. The lobby was beautiful. We requested a high floor, and we were given that. We were on the 15th floor and the view of Downtown Dallas was wonderful. My husband told them we were celebrating my birthday before we got there. When we arrived in our room there was a yummy little chocolate cake with a Happy Birthday card from the hotel. Very nice touch.

The rooms were a *little* on the small side, but it didn't bother us at all. We loved the rooms, very well decorated, very clean. The bed was large and the mattress was very comfortable. The TV was a large flat screen. The bathroom didn't have walls, just a curtain you could close for privacy. It made the room feel a lot bigger, so I liked it. The shower was wonderful and the water pressure was great.

My husband and I workout a lot. Typically a hotel gym will have a couple of treadmills and not much else. Well, the W was not typical! They had everything we needed to get in some great workouts. Plenty of exercise machines, bikes, ellipticals, treadmills. As well as a lot of hand weights, a bar bells, mats, med balls. There were windows surrounding the gym and it was also on a high floor so the view was great. All the equipment was very well kept, new and clean.

We absolutely loved the pool. We got up there early so there weren't many people. The pool was clean, plenty of towels, the lounge chairs were comfortable and clean (and cute!). You needed a key to get in and out of the pool area and there was a guard there. It made me feel very secure leaving my purse on our lounge chair while we swam. There was also a bar there and a sitting area so you could order food and drinks.

I can't say enough good about this hotel. We definitely plan to return on our next trip to Dallas.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2010

In Dallas for a Texas Ranger baseball game. Stayed at the W at the recommondation of my son. Staff was very attentive. Waitress and bartenders friendly and engaging. The pool on the 16th floor is a must see. The view was incredable both day and night.

Food in the main dining room was good. Light fair in the main bar along with complimenary coffee in the A.M.

Ghost bar on the 33rd floor for $15.00 (Cover charge, women free) is probably worth the view. Glass enclosed outdoor sitting area off the bar for smokers and viewing the city lights. Lots of music and plenty of people in both the 1st floor and Ghost bars at night.

Room and beds were perfect. All in all a great place to stay to get a feel for downtown Dallas nightlife.

P.S. The Orioles won.

• Stayed July 2010
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2010

I stay at the W Victory in Dallas once a month for the past 3 years and have been delighted by the service, quite rooms, cleaniness, design, and VALUE of this great hotel. I travel frequently around the US and UK and am a loyal Starwoods guest. The W Victory Dallas is by far, one of the finest W's and Starwood properties have have stayed in. I am very particular about the deisgn, cleaniness, even scent of a room and this W has all features very pleasing and cpomfortable, even the BLISS toiletries are GREAT! AND the CRAFT hotel restaurant is great FINE dining from NYC, a great Zagat highly recommedned restaurant, well deserved ratings. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND any Dallas visitor to stay at this fine hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Vacaville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2010

As a current fan of W Hotels, I was expecting to be wowed and I was.The room and the service was great except I noticed the outdoor bar area did not get turned and cleaned without asking.We even met a guy and his dog who live there.He was great! I dream of living at a W someday so I was thrilled.I saw Mark Cuban in the lobby restaurant,looking hot! Sitting at the outside bar,we could see the jumbo TV across the street for the away Mavericks game.Went to Ghost Bar every night.The bartenders there were great.There was a b eautiful pool ,too freezing to use.They could make a lot of money up there if they just heated the pool. Also, I am addicted to Craft the yummy restaurant in the lobby.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMThomas, General Manager at W Dallas Victory Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2010
Thank you for your wonderful feedback!

Your profile lists "Nothing But The Best" as your travel style and we are glad to hear that we at W Dallas lived up to this and that you were WOWed in every area of the hotel- the service, guestrooms, Living Room Bar, Ghostbar, Wet, and Craft!

We look forward to welcoming you back each time your travels bring you to Dallas from Scottsdale.

Warmest wishes,

-Thomas C. W Dallas GM
New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2010

So I just got home from an AWESOME weekend with some friends in Dallas. We were in town from Friday - Sunday and stayed at the W Hotel. Loved every freakin' minute of it...not just the hotel - but Dallas is pretty slick. I'd never been, but I'll for sure go back.

i always try to try out the W Hotels in different cities and Dallas - by far - has become my new favorite. From the get go, I was...well..."wowed" as the say it. I was greeted at the front desk by my name (how they knew it, I'll never know). Went up to my room that was pre-cooled, great big king size bed, clean and smelled like all the rest of the W's I've stayed in. I guess its a consistency thing...I like it.

Over the weekend, me and the gang hung out at the pool (which is pretty much covered, so if you're looking for sun - not the place to go). There's a bar at the pool and the place was PACKED! We met some really awesome guests that were there for the weekend - there was a pregnant chick - which was weird - she left pretty quickly haha.

Dinner at the restaurant was good. Its pretty chill in there - Kraft or Craft...the waiter mentioned something about Top Chef, not sure. Good food, killer wine, and the prices were not out of this world like I'd expected. Besides the ugly cowboy hats, the bar at the hotel is pretty neat too. It's got a sweet patio (kinda windy) but it was hella hot, so no complaints there.

Anyway - W Dallas really showed up the other W's I've stayed at. Actually can't wait for the new one in NYC to open - its literally 8 blocks from where I live so - convenience? Heck yes!

Kudos Dallas - you're not all cowboys...surprisingly. Yee haw!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Well hello there Willing2Travel,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay! It is great to hear from a frequent W guest and avid traveler that we were able to WOW you and even exceed your expectations!

When you are Willing2Travel back to Dallas, we look forward to welcoming you back!

-Thomas C. W Dallas GM