“Nice stay while on business”

W Dallas Victory Hotel
Ranked #46 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Stayed at the W while in town visiting clients. Check-in was an excellent experience. I forgot to use my Starwood number when reserving the room and forgot to ask to have it applied. The lady at check-in though asked me if I was a member and looked up my account for me. She was very friendly and made a great first impression for the hotel.
The room itself was modern, spacious, and clean. The bathroom was modern with a great shower and as usual, the beds at the W are top notch. We got back late that night hungry and the restaurant was closed. We did stop by the bar, but after a few minutes waiting for service, we ended up going across the street for a bite to eat and a beer. Outside of that, everything here was great. Loved the location.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Akpz07
GMDarrylJett, General Manager at W Dallas Victory Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Hi Akpz07,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent business trip to Dallas. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your experience and your interaction with our talent members was memorable. Don't forget, next time you're here, In Room Dining is 24-7, we can make you anything you're craving late night, and all day!

Thank you for your loyalty to Starwood, and we look forward to keeping you as a loyal W Dallas guest.

Come back soon,

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Extremely happy with the service at the W Dallas! W. Dallas had balloons, cupcakes, pop rocks and cans of root beer waiting for my daughter and niece when we went up to our room! The girls felt like rock stars with our view from the 14th floor as well. The meal at Cook Hall was incredible! I look forward to staying at W Dallas again if I am ever in town! I will tell everyone about our stay and to use W Dallas in the future!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
GMDarrylJett, General Manager at W Dallas Victory Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Hi Shariffa,

Thanks for such an amazing review. I am thrilled we made your daughter's birthday memorable. Every guest is a "rock star" , and should be treated that way. We look forward to seeing you again next year for her birthday. Let's make it a tradition!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I had a prepaid room for two nights reserved 6 months in advance. I drove up from Austin to see a concert with my girlfriends and arrived to check in. The manager, Jason [--] , repeatedly told me my "credit card had been denied, why would my credit card be denied, of course I can't have the last room available, I never paid for it" and on and on in the front lobby. My credit card company assured me and my statement proves I paid the full amount in advance. I never got to use my room, I was treated with utter disrespect by Jason [--] as well as lied to. It's a beautiful hotel, in a great spot, but you may or may not get to enjoy it. We ended up staying at the Sheraton on Olive for 150$ less for only a 13$ cab ride to United Airlines arena for our concert.
When you prepay for a room and you don't get to cancel it or change it no matter what, why should they be able to turn you away? Apparently they oversell the rooms and keep your money

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kristi M
Reviewed November 21, 2013

From being told that my pre-booked, reserved and paid-for room had been sold, to door staff who don't know where in the neighbourgood to get a cup of coffee, to wait staff in the restaurant who are way too keen to upsell a bottle of win ("I can make you a deal on this one!") to a simply lousy double espresso, this version of the W chain consistently and repeatedly failed to meet even the basic standards expected of a functional business hotel. I've stayed in many Ws around the world and most manage (just) to navigate the functional vs. stylish axis reasonably well. This one, however, does not. In any way. Sorry.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
GMDarrylJett, General Manager at W Dallas Victory Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

David T.,

Thank you for your feedback. I am disappointed to hear your stay was not up to par. This is certainly not standard, and we appreciate the opportunity to follow-up on this. I'd like to discuss your experience with you, personally. Please reach out to me directly, gmdarryl.jett@whotels.com.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Very stylish and sophisticated upscale hotel! The Staff Members from Valet to Management are all extremely professional and customer service oriented. Great bar and restaurant with lots of energy and the feel of a classy environment. The rooms are great and offer a very stylish theme to downtown Dallas, TX. Definitely recommend, especially if you are attending an event at American Airlines Center...just a walk across the street and no fuss with traffic and parking!

Room Tip: Higher the floor better view of Downtown Dallas!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Hi LeaeAnn C.,

Thanks for taking a moment to tell us about your great stay, and helping us spread the word to others. It thrills me to hear you loved everything from check-in to check-out., and our team was able to give you the real W experience. We very much appreciate feedback like yours to gauge our performance.

See you next time,

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Definitely one of the better run, more stylish, and sophisticated W branded Starwood properties. Great location close to all of the new excitement in Downtown Dallas.

Rooms are well appointed, modern, and the staff is typical W .. Classy enough, though that corporate behavior guidebook is never too far away.

Two complaints: the shower mechanism was the worst I've ever seen (and I stayed in two separate rooms with the same issue) - you could not easily turn it from hot to cold or vice versa, and you spend the entire shower adjusting to re-calibrate. Really bad.

And the gym, though lots of equipment, has the crappiest cheap LifeFitness / Technogym / Cheap Stuff that is so typical of Starwood ... I can't believe these things still exist.

I think ZaZa was the only hotel I've enjoyed more in Dallas.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Hello Robert Grunnah,

Thanks for taking a moment to tell us about your recent stay at W Dallas - Victory. We appreciate your kind comments and have passed them along to our team. As with all feedback, we welcome acknowledge areas for improvement. It truly helps us improve our business and integrity of our brand.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Cheers,

Reviewed November 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for our wedding night this November. This was our second stay at the W Dallas Victory, and just as before, we were extremely happy with it. We were in an Extreme WOW Suite, and it was pretty amazing.

The service was very good, I checked in early in the day and the staff was polite and attentive. When we came back from the wedding we found that the staff left a bottle of champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, and rose petals in the room; along with a card from the staff and from the GM congratulating us.

The next morning we ordered breakfast, pricey, but that's expected for room service. However, it was very good. On our way out in the afternoon, the staff was again very helpful.

Overall this is a place we'd stay again for a little in-town getaway.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple