“Acura experience”

Ranked #52 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
San Marcos de Colon, Honduras
“Acura experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Allen was great. He was prompt, super friendly and offered to pick us up where he dropped us off. Highly recommend this service and Allen! Such a nice perk, made our stay much easier. The car is pretty cool as well. Clean and fancy. Much better than taking a taxi.

• Stayed March 2013
GMDarrylJett, General Manager at W Dallas Victory Hotel, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Welcome Emily H.,

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your memorable Acura Service experience with Allen. As part of our Whatever/ Whenever service, Acura is a great way to get around town in style. It seems you truly had a great experience; we can't wait to top it during your next trip to Dallas.

Darryl Jett, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

I wouldn't advise this hotel unless you really want to be within walking distance of the American Airlines Center. That's nice for sure. But the hotel is, and seems to feel the need only to be, average as a result.

The lobby is fine. The service downstairs is good. And the restaurant is okay.

But once you get to room floors, it gets plain. Mirrors everywhere are eerie.

The rooms are small. Their sort of combined living and bathroom space is cheap. My bed was caving a bit in the middle. The clock hadn't been changed to daylight savings. Etc. These are not the signs of a really quality hotel.

But maybe the hotel's great advantage in location permits it not to be.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Welcome Sandy K.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay with us. I am saddened to hear you the hotel didn't meet your expectations. Although it seems your service interaction and hotel outlet visits were good, they weren't great.

Please know we aim to please you in ever aspect of your stay at W Dallas. As far as the rooms and corridors go, you'll be happy to know W Dallas is getting a 'facelift' this summer. All guest rooms will be completely renovated and refreshed for a whole new 'cowboy cool' look.

I invite you back to stay in the renovated rooms and to try our outlets again. I am certain we can WOW you! Please feel free to reach out to me if there's any way we can make your next stay supurb, gmdarryl.jett@whotels.com.

Best wishes,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

great location, i would say a
i little pricy but it is totally worth it.
is quite modern, i loved the decoration, the rooms were confortable, the restaurant was great.
i have stayed at several W's.
the hotel is new, clean, the bar is fun.
I'll be back here my next visit to dallas

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank scottval10
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

I had a very good stay at this property. I was there for a business function, and enjoyed the meetings primarily because the meeting spaces were well attended, well appointed, and comfortable for all day meetings. The on site restaurant was excellent. The staff was genuinely friendly and accommodating. Overall the service was fantastic and I prefer W and Westin brands over other hotel brands.

If I could make any suggestions to this W, I would suggest that the hotel carefully review the guest room amenities. There are not enough electrical outlets in the room. The bathroom only has one outlet and it is 18" off the floor, located between the vanity and the shower. One needs to perform acrobatics to plug anything in and it is a far reach for the hair dryer. Because of the long extension, the hairdryer kept coming unplugged. Mildly aggravating. And no other outlet options in the room to use a hair dryer.

The lighting in the bathroom is not sufficient. A lighted mirror provides the majority of light, and it seems dim for shaving or applying makeup.

There is no shower door, so water goes out the shower opening and onto the bathroom floor. Housekeeping did not provide enough towels to soak up all the water, so my bathroom floor was very wet. Plus, it was freezing! Without a door to keep the warm air in and the cold air comes into shower. Brrr.

The TV cabinet was attractive in its design, but did not provide enough storage.

Lastly, I am a huge proponent of in room coffee. I have a caffeine addiction, so I need to drink coffee before I can venture into public spaces. Stumbling down to the lobby, not fully awake in my jammies, at 6:00 am is not how I prefer to be seen. Especially by my business colleagues. But so be it. I did call room service for a pot one morning, an added expense for convenience. This guest would prefer the convenience of an in room coffee maker. I realize that this is being picky.

My experience was satisfying enough to stay at this property again, and I would recommend to others, particularly for a function.

• Stayed February 2013
GMDarrylJett, General Manager at W Dallas Victory Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Hello HollisQueen,

Thanks for your feedback about your recent stay at W Dallas - Victory. We always aim to provide the best experience while your hear, and truly appreciate your input to exceed your expectations again during your next stay.

We appreciate your suggestions for improving guest rooms, and are excited to tell your our rooms will be undergoing a renovation this summer. The renovation will brighten the space, offering more light, improve bathroom functionality, as well as show your our "cowboy cool" attitude. Please make plans to stay with us again in the Fall when renovation is complete. I know you'll be pleasantly surprised with the change!

We also thank you for feedback regarding your business meetings. Our banquet and service team fly under the radar, attempting to make your business here flawless, so it's nice to hear their extra care was appreciated.

We looking forward to your next business or leisure stay. Please let us know if we can do anything to enhance your next W Dallas experience.

Warm wishes,
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed one night here for business, SPG gold got me a decent room with a view of downtown. The room has an open shower stall which is not my favorite since the cool air makes the shower a less than pleasant experience. It was a rain shower. Water was not very hot even turning the knob to the max and water pressure is decent but not great. Main issue with the room is there're hardly any empty plugs at the desk to charge up your stuff. There're plugs by the bed lamps but at the desk you have to reach behind to get to an outlet, not very convenient. Also, there're no outlets by the bathroom and foyer so I have to put the ironing board and iron by the window to get an outlet to use the iron, very inconvenient. One of the ceiling lights is starting to come off also. I checked out early and there was no one there and I just gave the key cards to the staff and they didn't have anyone to officially check me out. Overall, a good hotel, clean but the service can be improved and room can use some maintenance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Oslo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

This kind of a design hotel got a nice bar, spacios rooms, a very good recreation area with outdoor pool on 16th floor and a very nice gym. The bartender are well trained, but the rest of the staff is under par. A simple toast could take 20 minutes in the morning. The express Breakfast would allways be out of Coffee and the front desk could not answer simple question. The beds are the best I ever slept inn.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

For my 25th Birthday this year i had the priveldge of staying at the gorgeous W Hotel in Dallas. Wow. Talk about a perfect weekend! I was extremely impressed by the beautiful decor in the lobby, and also the room itself. My view of downtown Dallas was a site to see for sure! I'm from Dallas and have seen downtown many times, but this was such a treat to be able to see it from my hotel window at night when it was lit up. i attended a concert at The House of Blues with a couple of friends, so it was perfect that The W Hotel was walking distance. The atmosphere at night in the Bar area is club-like with a DJ, which was really fun and neat. i will definitely be staying there again in the future! The staff also presented me with a few goodies for my birthday. Thanks to Josue Rodriguez, who was a tremendous help in answering any questions I had about my stay, and also reserving my room in advance for a smooth check in. Thanks!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo