“Mediocre quality, incompetent staff”

W Dallas Victory Hotel
Ranked #43 of 204 Hotels in Dallas
New York, New York, United States
“Mediocre quality, incompetent staff”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

At first the W comes across like a nice hotel, however, taking a closer look it becomes apparent that it's nothing like that.
The rooms start to show some wear and tear, with a noisy ventilation system (even if the AC is off), and poor functioning internet.

The real bummer however is the service

They have lost jewelry I left in the room
I always have to chase them to receive my bills
Despite indicating multiple times that i wanted to make use of their green-choice program, they keep on cleaning.
When I once called back to the hotel because i left some stuff in the room, they were not able to retrieve it anymore.

Unfortunately I had to come back there multiple times due to my job, but it has been a dissapointing experience altogether

Room Tip: Book the Joule, much nicer, same cost
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GMDarrylJett, General Manager at W Dallas Victory Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Ronald K,

Thank you for your feedback about your stay. It's important to us to provide an excellent product and superior service to all our guests, and it seems we have fallen short. Thank you for bringing your experience to my attention. I can assure you it will be addressed with our talent.

I encourage you to reach out to me personally regarding your stays at W Dallas, gmdarryl.jett@whotels.com. I would like to discuss further how we can recover and gain you back as a loyal W Dallas guests.

Kindest regards,
Darryl Jett, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

We love The W, have stayed at other W's and this location ROCKS!!! you have to meet ORLANDO & RON! We felt like family!!! excellent location for events at AA center! We will definitely be coming back!! If you don't want to be spoiled then don't go, lol, hands down the best weekend trip!!
Madison & Crystal Pierce

• Stayed February 2013
Hi Madison and Crystal,

Thank you for your kind review on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate the recognition, but please know, it 's our job to may your stay memorable. I am so glad you got the chance to meet Orlando, our W Insider. He and Ron together make a pretty powerful team!

I hope to have you back soon.

Warmest regards,
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I was at this hotel for a Keller Williams convention and got to say our experience was terrible. They charged $359 per night and provided the service of a Sleep Inn on our room floor.

We had to ask ever day to have the room cleaned and one day they still didn't even bother after we complained.

The curtain for privacy for the bath room were missing which really was terrible given I was sharing the room with a business colleague. The phone in the room was broken and 2 of the plug ins didn't even work.

We had a dinner on Sunday night for around 30 folks in the restaurant downstairs and the food was un editable: salad tasted peculiar, ribs had a weird cinnamon taste to them(over half group did not eat them), there was pop corn garnish with pop corn shrimp(in a place that charges this amount per night, one would expect more). Our whole group was very disappointed.

Tried the slider burgers there and they were also terrible.

I complained to the manager and got an email stating they were going to reduce my room rate from 359 to 179 for the remaining 2 nights of my 5 day stay. This was a complete insult as they should have done this for the entire stay.

Our office had 4 rooms there and all of us had similar experiences, we should have stated at the local motel 6 as the service would have been better. I plan to publish this review on Expedia, Travelocity, and Yelp as I would hate for anyone to make the mistake of staying at this hotel. Godawful place.

1 Thank Scott H
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

What can I say about a hotel that offers free Acura transport to its guests and an unbelievable Bliss Spa? We were wowed by all the friendly and accommodating staff, from the bell hops to the front desk to the bartenders and wait staff--we truly felt like they REALLY wanted us to enjoy our stay. Bar and restaurant were amazing and the Bliss Spa was blissful! We were there in Feb. but good weather-only disappointment was there were no cushions on the minimal chairs by the pool to sit out and enjoy the weather. Would definitely go back!!'

• Stayed February 2013
Bel Air, Maryland
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have to tell you that I just discovered and EXPERIENCED the "whatever, whenever" service at the W- Hotel in Dallas TX. My stay was for 4 nights, EVERYONE brings world class service to their job. Let me provide two GREAT examples. I lost my reading glasses at a restaurant the previous night, in the morning I went to the front desk to inquire about lost property, Angelina ask me some questions about style, size, strength etc. I went to breakfast and while I was sitting at the table Calvin comes in, direct from CVS with a new pair of glasses for me. WORLD CLASS. I had 3 FEDEX packages I needed to get home from the hotel and again Angelina comes to the rescue taking them for me and getting them home safe and sound. Oh, and Howard in the bar? BEST margarita I ever had. Thank you all!

Steve B.,

Thank you for your recent review of W Dallas - Victory regarding your recent stay. Guest service is our priority, so I am thrilled to know we delivered. Angelina, Calvin and Howard are just a few of our dedicated talent members, so thank you for letting me know you were impressed with their service. We welcome you back to W Dallas very soon, and like always, please let us know how we can help you!

Looking forward to your next stay,
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This hotel is NOT a nice hotel. In fact it was one of the worst rooms I've ever stayed in. The layout of the room doesn't make sense, we kept having to move things around, there was NO good lighting to put makeup on, the bathroom was tiny tiny with only 2 towels available for use and the worst of everything was that there was NO HOT WATER in the morning. I mean absolutely no hot water. Don't spend your hard earned money staying here when there are much better hotels available for half the cost. Also, you will here that the employees are friendly. I would never differ on that opinion. I didn't find anyone there was overly friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Jesinia,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. My sincerest apologies for your inconveniences during your stay. I will be sharing your feedback with my team so we may address these issues immediately. Customer care and a flawless stay is of utmost importance to us, and I apologize for falling short of that goal. Again, many thanks for sharing your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to W Dallas - Victory.

Kindest regards,
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed at the W Victory Park in Dallas for a tradeshow. Location was great for all of the downtown activities. The hotel staff was nice, but the rooms were definately not designed with a women's touch. Absolutely no counter space in what was called the bathroom; pedastel sink only. There was only one drawer to unpack your clothes in. The couch had a hole in it. I was not able to check into my room until after dinner. It did not have 2 queens as I requested, but a king. Thank goodness I did not have someone sharing the room as anticipated.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hello Jan S.,

Thank you for posting your recent W Dallas experience on Trip Advisor. Our guest feedback is important to us as often times it may pinpoint an area of needed attention. Please accept our apologies for the dissatisfaction of your time spent with us. This is certainly not the W Dallas experience we aim to provide guests and I am truly sorry for your experience.

You'll be happy to know we will be renovating our guest rooms this summer, and invite you back to see our new look!