“Great place to stay”

W Dallas Victory Hotel
Ranked #45 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Recently stayed at the W for a business meeting. Check in was smooth. Staff was very helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable. Catering for the meetings was super. Loved their breakfast and the salsa was addicting!!
Used the car service that is available for a short trips - we went to a local brunch on Sunday morning. Very easy.
The lounges were nice. Drinks good. Cocktail event on 33rd floor was awesome.
My room was on the 4th floor and Friday evening I had a short 20 minutes of slightly loud music around midnight. No biggie.
The spa was FANTASTIC! Used the sauna, the steam shower and had very relaxing massage. Comfortable spa lounge were a few friends gathered with some snacks.
Loved the W and am looking forward to staying there again sometime in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms with 2 queens had a nice tub for soaking. Ask for a higher floor if noise from the lounge wil...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
GMDarrylJett, General Manager at W Dallas Victory Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Welcome Dznr,

Thank you for writing about us on Trip Advisor! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the views of Downtown Dallas. You really can't beat it! We look forward to your next visit.

Be sure to grab a handmade cappuccino from our new restaurant, Cook Hall. The aroma and personal touch added to every cup is impressive.

Thanks again,

Reviewed February 8, 2013

My company had its party in the formerly known 'ghost bar'. So we decided to stick around for the night. Upon our arrival the parking valet team was outstanding and very helpful. Checking in was easy and fairly efficient - nothing special there. Our room was very nice and seemed very nice in size, primarily since we were upgraded to the higher ceiling room. Great view of the city skyline and the new Perot musuem. The room was typical modern 'white wall' motif, yet lovely. The bathroom was open to the room yet, a curtain was available to pull across. Nice rainfall shower.

We went down stairs to get a cup of coffee or something and the concierge recommended a local coffee bar - he offered to drive us, which was amazing and greatly appreciated. He recommended an outstanding place (wish I could remember the name of it.

The nights stay was great, excellent sleep, little to no noise at all. Upon departure, the checkout was efficient. As typical, the parking valet team was super friendly. Overall a great stay at the W Dallas.

Room Tip: Upper floor facing downtown Dallas
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2013

First, I work for marketing and plan events all the time. This stay I was actually just staying in the hotel, no event planned. They were so phenomenal. Any "mistake" on the hotel was immediately apologized for despite it being out of their hands. They upgraded me and then served the best service!! Karla gave me this wonderful note and sent FREE wine with an apology about my TV having bad visual. They had already taken the movie off of my bill. This is really not their fault but they still took responsibility and that is good service. Good work! I do not know the name of the room service guy (so sad about not being able to mention him!) but he was so great. I think they need to hire more since he appeared to be running ragged and only came to my room twice the whole time but always a smile on his face. Also my coffee was delivered by a lovely Marlo who was so perky and happy I was not sure I even needed the coffee! Ok, I drank the coffee. But all in all, the service here was really great. Side note: I do not work for this company and am honest about my responses. Take it or leave it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Hi Burke2875,

Glad to hear you got a chance to experience W Dallas outside of work! It's nice to just kick back and be the one being served for once.

Thanks for your awesome comments and shout-outs to our talent members. They obviously made an impression; it's what W is all about! It seems you had a great, personalized experience, and we're hoping it won't be the last time you get to be OUR GUEST.

Keep spreading the word about W Dallas - Victory.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Stayed here for the first time for business and loved it. Friendly and courteous staff, great rooms and atmosphere. Would highly recommend for anyone catching a show at the Arena. The proximity can not be beat.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed here many times. Sleek beautiful hotel with large rooms and great views. Super attentive staff. Fantastic gym that rates as one of the very best hotel gyms anywhere. Pool is a bit odd in that it doesn't get any sun due to its location on a covered area of roof. Close to downtown and hot spots but not much to walk to. Always my choice in Dallas.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank garyblue99
GMDarrylJett, General Manager at W Dallas Victory Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Welcome Garryblue99,

Thanks for being a loyal W Dallas guest, and taking time out of your day to write a review.

We are happy our gym, SWEAT, tops your list. Let us know next time you're here and we'll get you your own signature W Dallas water bottle for workouts.

If you happen to visit during the summer, be sure to check-out our Wet Deck fitness program on Saturday mornings. We often offer fitness classes ranging from yoga to Zumba, with a beautiful view of Downtown.

Safe travels,

Reviewed February 2, 2013

This hotel is a confused place. I checked in on Saturday for a four night stay. I arrived at 5:30 pm and my room was not ready. A regular room, not ready. Really?? The lobby was a cluster of people, no W staff knew what was going on. No apology. I spent $11,000 the next day on a meeting at the hotel. Any chance of preferential treatment, like my room being ready. NO. The Cook Hall restaurant is a nice venue, but be patient or food. There are many more staff people walking around than cooking the food.

The punk kid bartender insisted on explaining the difference in grapes after I asked for a Zinfandel. Which they did not have. I asked ir a Petit Shiraz, agin not available. Where am i the Marriott Courtyard?? Dude, take you Emo haircut, and bull crap, pretentious attitude and go work at another place. I can't recommend the W.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank LetsGo800
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed there for business last night. The hotel is a 5 minute walk from my Dallas office so was an ideal location. There was an HVAC convention in town plus a Lady Gaga concert so most of the hotels were sold out in Dallas including the W. Despite being sold out, checkin was quick an easy. The room was spacious with a nice balcony. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom had a shower and tub. Will definitely stay at the W again when I am in Dallas again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PCTravel

Hello PCTravel,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. It's great to hear you check-in was seamless and the location was ideal for your business trip. There's always so much to do in Victory Park; next time your in-town contact our Whatever/ Whenever service (dial "0") and ask about our W Insider or concierge setting you up for the full Dallas experience, whether it be a concert, shopping indulgence or tickets to the Perot Museum, we'll set it up for you!

See you again soon,