W Dallas - Victory
Omni Dallas Hotel(Dallas)
$233
$215
1,029 results
All reviewscook hallamerican airlines centerbliss spaliving room barbliss productsaa centerinfinity poolhouse of bluesroom serviceupon checkcorner roomfitness centervaletconcerthipnikkispg
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We had a blast at w - hotel. We were in town for a bachelor party, had a great time in the hotel bar. We stayed on the 8th floor, beautiful view. We also went to Bliss, wow.. I also want to Thank Bridgette Woods in risk for escorting my intoxicated friends to the room safely. Lol, drinks in the bar were great!!!

Room Tip: You can't party in rooms at W hotel...FYI
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Rent a car, park across the street and pay ten dollars per day, and enjoy Dallas. The W Hotel is easy to get to (follow directions on the hotel's website) from DFW. The front desk staff is professional and courteous, and security is always present, so I always feel safe. The crowd tends to be young and the lobby can get crowded and noisy at night. The American Airlines Center is right around the corner, which can make traffic practically impossible within a 5 block area during performance evenings. The hotel restaurant serves pretty decent food. But if you are looking for shopping or museums to visit, then you will need to drive. Dallas has plenty of places to shop and eat and the museum district has enough to distract you for several days. The rooms are just like other reviewers have said: shower tends to flood, no dividing curtains between bathroom area and sleeping area, but for rooms that face downtown, the view is great, particularly at night.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I was in Texas for the first time ever...a Pittsburgh Steeler fan in Dallas Cowboy territory. I had never stayed at a W hotel before but the online information and reviews painted a great picture so I had high expectations. I went, I saw, I liked, I loved...

Fitness room was a small-scale gym with free weights, multiple cardio machines, some weight machines, and 3 or 4 benches. The only thing I did not see was an exercise ball but no complaints here. The view from the fitness room was so grand it was borderline distracting. One side faced the American Airlines Center and the other provided a view of another direction of Dallas.

Breakfast was quite good although I found it quite pricey. (I have never understood why high-end hotels do not provide free breakfast and rarely provide microwave and fridge; most mid- to lower-tier hotels do provide these things at no cost....why????) The juice was fresh and the menu choices were outstanding on the health and wellness side of the ledger. The menu accomodated vegetarians and vegans and meat-eaters and all in between. Did not do dinner in the hotel restaurant although I probably would have been unimpressed as rarely does high cost mean a world-class meal especially when you can get a comparable meal at a lower cost. The mini-bar prices were excessive...$9 for a large lollipop; $5 or $6 for popcorn; geez! I opted for the free bottled water that was in the room and outside the mini-bar area. The fruit-infused water and hot apple cider in the lobby were quite good.

The room was quite nice. Great view of the city and a comfortable couch in the bay window. The usual flat screen tv and a nice clock radio although you had to have the remote control to make use of all the radio's functions. Sheets and bed were fantastically comfortable. One complaint I had was the seeming difficulty in getting the room's heating/AC unit to blow out warm air. At one point I had the thermostat at 77 degrees and the air blowing out unit was still cold. It took a long time for the room to gain any warmth and even then it was not even as consistent as one would have at home. Not sure what was going on there but I am glad it did not get too cold at nighttime.

Valet parking and many other posh features abound at this hotel but really they don't impress me. I am a very modest traveler and actually prefer the mid-tier and some budget-tier hotels if they have clean rooms and free breakfast. The W is obviously at a certain price point and will appeal to a certain breed of traveler. Nice place to go for a get-away and see how the other half lives.

Front desk staff was quite friendly and Saturday nights in the bar is like something out of South Beach. The hotel features trendy dance/techno-style music in the lobby and fitness center virtually non-stop. Clearly the hotel is catering to a younger demographic.

Most amenities nearby must be reached by car. In Texas a vehicle is a must. Be sure to take a GPS or similar device to scout out amenities in the vicinity.

In sum, put this hotel on your "treat yourself" list if you are ever in the Dallas Metroplex. But note you can probably find many other places to stay if you are trying to save money and do not need the upper crust experience. Go Steelers!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I've stayed at the W Dallas many times. The amenities are fantastic but the people are what make a good hotel great. And I can't say enough about the staff at the W Dallas. From the front desk agents: Angelina and Tori to the guys manning the bar, Norman and Rosaleo--absolutely the best! Whether I'm entertaining clients or friends, they are always very helpful.

I've stayed at many W properties but I especially like the rooms on this property. Very nice decor and also roomy with nice high ceilings.

If you're planning a stay in Dallas I'd highly recommend the W Dallas!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Lawrence S
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Everyone here goes above and beyond! I have traveled my whole life, and no one makes my day like the W! The new restaurant is fab, highly recommend the ribs. The chef, James, has a magic touch with deserts, and made the most delicious macarons this side if the pond.

All in all, completely fantastic stay!

• Stayed: December 2012