W Dallas - Victory
$184
$169
Omni Hotels
1,029 results
All reviewscook hallamerican airlines centerbliss spaliving room barbliss productsaa centerinfinity poolhouse of bluesroom servicebathroom areaupon checkcorner roomfitness centervaletconcerthipnikki
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Here's a list of the BAD...
Staff, Room Service, Bar, Pool, Rooms are dirty and worn, Front Desk, Security, pretty much the entire hotel itself and everyone that worked there.

Good List...
Nothing, there's nothing good to say about this hotel. The balconies are pretty nice I guess. But I wouldn't pay what I paid just for a nice balcony.

Tips for management: Find new staff and renovate as soon as possible or go bankrupt. And management should probably be replaced because they are obviously not doing their job by hiring the right people or training them correct customer service etiquette.

Word to the front desk employees: You work at a hotel, wake up, you are not any better than anyone else so stop treating people like you are.

Summary: Stay at the new Omni hotel in Dallas or Hotel Zaza don't stay here.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank John G
GMThomas, General Manager at W Dallas - Victory, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Welcome John G,

Thank you for very much for taking the time to give us your feedback. In reviewing your post I saw you experienced many challenges and it truly upsets me when we fail to exceed our guest’s expectations.

We, at W Dallas, strive to have the finest in guest services, food and beverage and accommodations. Therefore the quality of the guest experience is of the utmost importance to us. An intimate and objective knowledge of how we are doing – in the consumer’s eyes – is critical in moving W Dallas to a higher level of service orientation, as it is through this type of feedback that we can confirm the direction, quality and quantity of our effort.

It is always a disappointment to hear from our guests that their needs were not met. While compliments are nice to receive, it is constructive criticism, such as yours, that helps us pinpoint areas where corrective measures are necessary to bring us closer to our goal.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I went there for our anniversary on August 18, 2012. The room was beautifully decorated and very pleasant. The front desk was very informative and the room service was amazing. My husband had ordered champagne, strawberries and blackberries. Debbie was delivering it when we arrived. She called us by name and told us to call if we needed anything, wished us Happy Anniversary, and left us to enjoy the Marvelous Suite. You absolutely MUST try the chocolate-dipped blackberries! Jose was the manager on duty when we arrived. He has a great crew and everyone was super-friendly and professional. The room was nice and roomy with a large table near the window and huge couch in front of the tv. The separate bedroom chair near the window. The master bath had one of those "rainforest" shower heads - very nice. We went out for dinner and the valets were very friendly. We had planned on a visit to the pool overlooking the city, but a massive rain storm put a quick end to that! Slept great in a quiet room on a pillow-top mattress. We had breakfast in the room the next morning. The food was beautifully presented and was delivered hot and fresh. I had the French Toast and my husband had his normal "man-breakfast" (bacon, eggs, potatoes, etc). Everything was great and cooked just as we had requested. Travis delivered it, and made sure we had everything we needed - he even brought some of the vanilla-bean whipped cream that I loved so much with the strawberries the night before for me to use in my morning coffee!!! We will DEFINITELY stay there again! Thanks for such a memorable anniversary!

Room Tip: We really loved the floor to ceiling glass in both rooms - very light and airy.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rhonda G
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Have stayed here any times. I am a diehard SPGer. All I have to say is expect random charges on your statement. I have stayed here multiple times, every time I seem to have parked a car when I didnt bring a car. Ordered food when I was at the office. Etc etc etc. Most recent, the front desk crew has charged me for an unbeknowst charge. I have called over a handful of times and no one will call me back to discuss the charge or refund the money. Really not living up to the SPG service or Platinum status you'd expect to receive from a SPG property. I will not be returning.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank usfny1s
GMThomas, General Manager at W Dallas - Victory, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Welcome Usfny1s,

We truly appreciate the loyalty of our Starwood Preferred Guests and are unhappy to hear your experience was sub-par. There are few hiccups in the system we are working diligently to resolve. W Dallas and Starwood would like to apologize for the inconvenience and would like to rectify the situation. Please reach out to me, personally, so I can revise your folio, gmthomas.caramucci@whotels.com . We hope redeem ourselves and regain your loyalty to W Dallas.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Stayed for one night on business. I have to qualify this review by saying that I'm generally not a big fan of W Hotels simply because my tastes lean towards more traditional properties and I've had some issues with service at other W hotels. That being said, this W is a solid hotel. The staff was very helpful and service was much better than my experience at another W property. The front desk staff when out of their way to find a black magic marker for a presentation I had to give when I checked out that morning, and when the lobby bar was out of the beer I ordered the bartender went over to the hotel restaurant to grab some bottles. The location is also very convenient for the AA center and other downtown locations. The bed was comfortable and bathroom was spacious. My only complaint is that the work area in the room is too small and the standard WiFi was very slow.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2012

It's no secret to most that know me that I rarely stay anywhere that's not a member of the Starwood Group of Hotels. I've stayed at this particular property more times than I can count, and the staff of this hotel always does what they can to make sure I have the best stay possible. This stay was no different. Initially upon check in there was an issue with my room being upgraded. Since I'm a Starwood Preferred Guest Gold Level, if there are better rooms available, I would get one. Ronald, who I had never met before, stepped in and without hesitation, saw the problem, corrected it, and had me on my way to my room. I dined twice at the hotel. As always the food was great. I dined in the Living Room Bar, and the other time was Room Service. You cannot beat the location of this property. It is located minutes from anywhere you need to get to in Dallas. If you take a taxi you're looking at a modest cab ride. Take my word for it, if you're in Dallas and have a chance to stay at The W, do it. You'll be glad you did.

Room Tip: Always ask for a downtown view, and a corner room if you feel like being a big spender!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
GMThomas, General Manager at W Dallas - Victory, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Welcome Tomleath,

We appreciate your loyalty to Starwood and W Dallas. It’s our priority to make your stay flawless. Thank you for recognizing Ronald; he is a valued member of our W Dallas team and always puts customer service first. As always, we welcome you back very soon.