“An Oasis "Deep in the heart do Texas"”

W Dallas Victory Hotel
Ranked #47 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Los Angeles, California
“An Oasis "Deep in the heart do Texas"”
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I've stayed at over 1500 hotels in my life time (pro sports, modeling and acting will do that) and since the minute I walked through the door of the W Victory-Dallas I was impressed..needless to say that's not an easy task to do with me. Orlando the "INSIDER" guided me through every aspect of the property and had the behind the scenes scoop on what was cool and what was not in the city. The only reason I took this trip was for pleasure (Radiohead concert) and I've simply been blown away. Kudos to Orlando, the property and brand. Now if I can only find my way to the American Airlines Arena....oh yeah it's across the street. Looks like everything is gonna be perfect.

Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Mission Viejo, California
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Stayed for a weekend recently, room 1527 I believe. It was a top floor corner suite. Clean nice room, the huge shower and bath tub were the highlight. Michael at the concierge desk was extremely helpful in planning our weekend!

• Stayed February 2012
Gros Ilet, Gros-Islet, St. Lucia
Reviewed February 20, 2012

First off, we had nothing but 5 star customer service from the minute we pulled up in the drive. A gentlemen was there to great us, explain the valet or self park options, while unloading our luggage. He passed us on to the next fellow holding a door open and greeting us. Once inside we were immediately welcomed, directed to the check in desk and were asked if we needed any water or anything to drink.

Our room was beautiful as expected. The decor throughout the property is wonderful and very modern. The room had plenty of space to move around. Loved the lounge/couch.

We ordered room service late at night and it arrived so fast. It was hot and really quite good. The only thing wrong with our stay was that we did not have the munchie box in our room that is supposed to accompany the mini-bar. No idea where that might have walked off too. Every interaction we had at the W was top notch. Some day maybe we'll get to stay longer than a single night!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
wdallas, General Manager at W Dallas Victory Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Hello and thank you for your feedback. At the W Dallas-Victory hotel we pride ourselves in delivering an excellent experience for each guest that stays with us. We are elated that this was the case for you. We have talented members at this property and each are here to make you feel invited. Our Living Room Bar has the most comfortable seating area for people to mix, mingle and enjoy a few cocktails. We apologize that your room did not have a munchie box but the next time you visit we will make sure it doesn’t run off. We hope the next time you visit you stay longer too!!! Summer is around the corner and you have to experience our Wet Deck on the 16th floor. See you soon!

Austin, Texas
Reviewed February 19, 2012

This hotel represents the W name as far as looks. With valet being the only option to park your vehicle, they did a very good job of welcoming me to the hotel. I was then directed to the front desk which was a dissapoinment. I had reserved two rooms and they had only one reserved for me. The girl at the front desk treated me as if I made the mistake. After me finding my reservation that I made showing two rooms, she then fixed the problem. The following morning went downstairs to enjoy breakfast at Kraft, only to sit there for 10 minutes to not be waited on. It was a very busy morning, but I only saw two wait staff and a hostess. No sign of management at all. So I walked out. The staff at this W, just seemed to lack direction and enthusiasm. The positive was the clean Sweat room(workout) and the heated pool that sits on the 16th floor.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
wdallas, General Manager at W Dallas Victory Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
We are thankful for your candid comments and for choosing to stay with us during your business trip. We apologize that your experience at our Welcome Desk and our restaurant Craft, did not meet your expectations. I completely understand how you must have felt and it is not how we like our guests to feel. We are constantly working with our talent (staff) members and provide training coupled with a corporate culture that nurtures internal growth. Part of our brand standard is our Manager on Duty program which means we always have a manager on duty to increase guest contact and improve service delivery.

We are delighted to hear that our Wheels (valet) department was very friendly and that the hotel amenities suited your needs as a guest. Our Whenever/Whatever agents are always here to assist, all you have to do is ask. Please reach out to me and let me know how we can make your next business trip a more memorable one. gmthomas.caramucci@whotels.com Come back soon!

F. Lauderdale
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the W Dallas Victory during a valentines day trip with my wife. What I can say is that this property is clean, fresh, and in true W style - cool! We had a spectacular room on the 9th floor. It had really nice views of the city, very cool bathroom in the room. We love Bliss so we def enjoyed the amenities.For breakfast we dined at Craft. We enjoyed 2 lattes which were among the best ive had! We also had eggs benedict and french toast with vanilla spread..delicious!! We had a few 'sips' in living room and also had dinner there as Craft closed early for their belated holiday party. The salmon was generous and fresh and the pasta was homemade and authentic, the scallops were fantastic as well. The staff was very acommodating and were eager to help. The Acura car service took us to the Museum of Art which is a great amenity for guests, ride through Dallas in style! All in all really enjoyed staying at the W ane cant wait to stay at other properties in the future.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the W Dallas-Victory during Valentine’s Day. We are so happy to hear that your experience with us was a fantastic one! We love to hear comments from our guests because it not only helps us deliver better service but it also shows that our talent members are delivering the guests a wonderful experience.

Dallas has the largest urban arts district in the nation and we are glad you and your wife got to visit the Museum of Art. Sounds like you really planned a nice getaway with all the necessary elements like good food, my favorite! We hope to see you soon.

Allen, Texas
Reviewed February 16, 2012

The W Hotel in Dallas is an embarrassment. Customer service is non-existent at all levels of management, all the way up to the GM that is apparently incapable of returning simple phone messages. Stay here only if you value arrogance and ambivalence. There are plenty of other much better hotel choices in the area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Dan F
Dear Dan, thank you choosing the W while you traveled with your family. I am truly sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We pride ourselves in delivering the ultimate service for each of our guests. With our service culture in place, each guest should feel as though all their needs are met during their stay. We will continue to work with our staff to make sure this doesn’t happen again. Please reach out to me personally so that we could discuss this matter and allow us to redeem ourselves. We like our guests to feel as though they are home when they are at the W Dallas –Victory. I look forward to hearing from you and hope that you stay with us again. Reach me at: gmthomas.caramucci@whotels.com

Thomas Caramucci - General Manager
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Went for 2 nights for a wedding and was stunned! The venue options for the wedding were amazing, the rooms were outstanding (though the style of connecting bathroom is kinda weird) the restaurant CRAFT was perfect and finally the Ghost bar upstairs was a great icing on the cake!!! Staff were the best ive came across by far!! p.s. The beds are realllllllly comfortable!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends