“Love W Hotels”

W Dallas Victory Hotel
Ranked #48 of 212 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed November 22, 2011

This was the second W hotel I stayed at and it lived up to my very high expectations.

W Hotels are not for anyone who want a quiet, boring hotel experience. You definitely need to enter with a sense of adventure. With that in mind, the whole experience is unique and incredible.

Everything about our stay was great - the views of downtown Dallas, the cool room and bathroom, the service, CRAFT, Living Room, Ghost Bar - I could go on and on. The weather wasn't good enough for us to use the pool, but it seemed very nice.

If you have never stayed at a W, it's definitely worth trying. If you have, then you'll enjoy the Dallas W just as much!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,007)

Reviewed November 21, 2011

Had a comfortable stay in this hotel when I stayed here during a 4-day business conference. The staff were polite and my room was always clean.

However, water here seemed very expensive. The small water bottle inside the room cost USD 6. The bigger bottle is USD 8. I didn't like the fact that I had to go down the lobby to drink though. It seemed like they were upselling almost everything in the room. :(

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
wdallas, General Manager at W Dallas Victory Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2012

Thank you for visiting the W Dallas – Victory hotel during your business conference. Our goal is to make all travelers feel like they are at home while they are away from home. Our staff is friendly and eager to help. We are glad your experience was great. Thank you for your feedback regarding the bottled water we offer our guests. We have taken your comment very serious and have started offering complimentary bottled water in all guest rooms. In addition, we still offer our Fiji water for guests who prefer that brand for a fee. We look forward having you stay with us the next time you travel. Please reach out to me if you have any questions at gmthomas.caramucci@whotels.com.

Reviewed November 19, 2011

I have top tier status at Starwood hotels so I typically would try to stay at a Starwood property if possible (for the various benefits and points). I was traveling to Dallas on a weekly basis for work during this summer and tried to give this W Hotel a try for 3 separate occasions. Each time a new issue would come up (from being given rooms that was absolutely not what I had reserved, to terrible service at front desk, to issues with room service and potentially dirty food). In my subsequent visits to Dallas, I have switched to staying at the Ritz-Carlton which is exponentially better, for a similar price.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are the largest. But try to stay away from elevator b/c the walls and doors are quite...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank RNG1008

We want to thank you for your candid comments and for participating in our Starwood Preferred Guest loyalty program. We value all of our guests and we were very disheartened to hear about your recent experience, as this is not indicative of who we are and the level of service that we strive to provide. We apologize that you had some issues with our staff. We have discussed your comments with all departments involved and have addressed these concerns. Please contact me directly at gmthomas.caramucci@whotels.com so that we can discover how we can make your next visit with us a more pleasant one.

Reviewed November 15, 2011

We live in North Dallas and spend one two too nights out on runaways a year in the area, Granbury, Jefferson, ZaZA downtown. Tried the W because we read about all the hype. First our door key did not work and it took maintenance about an hour to fix the lock. The hotel is probably in a good spot if you are going to AAA but other than that its in a concrete wasteland. To eat we checked our car out of valet, no free parking, and drove down to the McKinney area which was great. The windows were filthy with scum which destroyed the view, bath fixtures were tacky and not quality, tub small as was the bath, a room that would fit in a La Quinta, nothing more. We were hoping for a fun downtown experience but the poor room, bad location and blase attitude of the staff turned us off big time.
Pass this one by.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank richardandsal
wdallas, General Manager at W Dallas Victory Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to provide us some very helpful feedback regarding your stay. I am so disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your time here. We strive to offer the finest in guest services, food and beverage and accommodations; therefore, the quality of the guest experience is of the utmost importance to us.

Located near the hotel within walking distance are numerous restaurants like Neo’s Pizza, Kenichi, and Medina Mediterranean Cuisine, numerous sports bars, and we are also located across the street from the House of Blues. We understand our guests also like to explore other areas of Dallas, so please feel free to take advantage of our complimentary Acura service which will drop you off anywhere you wish within 5 miles of the hotel.

Since it has been a year since your last visit, I would like to invite you back, so we can have the opportunity to show you the full W experience. Please reach out to me directly so I can assist you with your reservations.

Thomas Caramucci

Reviewed November 13, 2011

There is no where to other than the parking gaeage across the street, which is not owned by the hotel. The valet and parking garage are pretty much evenly priced. The hotel is next to the basketball arena, but seems not be close to anything else or walkable distance. The elevators are slow to arrive. The rooms are contemporary and had a view of outside dallas. The ghost bar is okay. There is no seating in the inside unless you pay for bottles. There is seating outside unless you want sit in the heat if there are seats available. The music is typical of a club. The crowd is mixed of ethnicities and starts at 21 to older. There is no fee for women but an outrageous fee for males. The hotel continues to be a club during the night. The pool stayed open after hours with no guard. The view in the pool was spectacular.

• Stayed: August 2011

Thank you for choosing the W Dallas – Victory hotel. We appreciate your comments and completely understand how you feel. Our Wheels department takes very good care of our guest’s vehicles and there is a fee associated with that. As you mentioned, there is a parking garage which also charges but the hotel is not responsible for that.

We are located in a great area close to restaurants and bars such as Victory Tavern, The Fan Lounge, Shooters, Kenichi, Havana Social Club, Naga Thai, Neo Pizza, Luna de Noche and many more. Plus we are in walking distance of the Katy Trail (for those who are into fitness), the House of Blues and as you already mentioned, American Airline Center. Don’t forget that our Acura experience will take you anywhere within a 5 mile range.

We are very proud of our stunning views from our guest rooms and the Wet Deck and glad you enjoyed it. We do have our Suite Dreams policy in place for our guests which ensure a peaceful environment. We look forward to having you stay with us and let me know the next time you are in town. Reach me at gmthomas.caramucci@whotels.com

Reviewed November 13, 2011

Staying approximately 140 nights per year in SPG hotels the W's are usually my favorites.
Most probably just had bad luck at the W in Dallas. Did not get a room upgrade as I usually do, close to my room was a strange high-frequency tone and even dow I was able to shut off the AC the fan was still running and being noisy the whole time. Service at the Craft restaurant I'm sure would be able to be more friendly even on a Sunday morning. Travel long a lot to Dallas in the future I will give it another try, can only become better.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank RogerRolfRoger

Thank you for being loyal to all of our Starwood hotels, especially the W brand. We apologize that you felt you didn’t get your usual room upgrade and that you had trouble with the noise. We have taken your comments serious and have made sure this type of issue doesn’t happen again. We also have a Suite Dreams Policy in place to create a peaceful environment for all of our guests. When you visit Dallas make sure you stay with us again and take advantage of our Whatever/Whenever service. It’s simple, whatever you want and whenever you need it, our Welcome office is here to make sure you get it. All you have to do is ask. Reach out to me directly when you make reservations and we will make sure you continue to receive the treatment you are accustomed to receiving from all our other W hotels. Email me at gmthomas.caramucci@whotels.com. Safe travels!

Reviewed November 12, 2011

I just returned from a two-night stay at the W Dallas. The rooms are great: clean, great beds, good open floor plan between bathroom and bed area, and I loved the lounger next to the window. The service was the best! Thanks especially to concierges Gabriel and Brendan who helped us with transportation and tips. The area is a bit isolated, but just a quick 10 min walk from downtown and other areas. There is not a coffeemaker in the room although they'll bring one to you.

Room Tip: A high floor has the best views