I have stayed at the W Hotel in Dallas two times in the last few months, both times for one night while traveling on business.
All in all, I have been pleased with my two stays and will likely return to this hotel the next time I travel to Dallas for work.
1. Rooms. They are very comfortable and have a cool feeling to them. Both rooms I've stayed in had 32 in LCD TVs with plenty of channels, very comfortable beds and pillows, and decent bathroom areas.
2. Fitness Center. One of the better hotel gyms I have used. They have a full compliment of weight machines, dumbells/benches, and cardio equipment. All of the equipment is very new (along with the hotel itself) and is in good working condition. If you like to work out, you won't be disappointed.
3. Service. Both times I checked in, it was very quick and painless. One touch that I won't soon forget was that they provide you with a card to write down your last name and flight record locater. They will then check you in for your flight and deliver a printed boarding pass to your room. So simple, yet very helpful. A nice little touch that went a long way. Maybe other hotels are doing this, but this was the first time I have come across it.
1. Price. As other reviewers have noted, the prices are a little steep. Even though I was pleased with both of my stays, I would probably not stay here if i was paying out of my own pocket. I believe you can find better values in the Dallas area.
2. Location. This depends on a few things. If you are going to an event at the AA center, it could not be any more convenient. It's directly across the street. If you're not attending an event at the AA center, but there is one going on, traffic can get a little hectic in the area. Also, the first time I stayed there, i arrived at 8:45 PM. By the time I was ready to have dinner (just after 9:00), my options were very limited as many places had already closed (this was a Thursday night). If it's not a game night at the AA center, it is a little lonely in the area after 9:00 PM.
3. Showers. Two things I don't like about the showers. One, there's no door or curtain on them, so if you have the air conditioning on in the room, the opening lets that cool air into the shower. Two, the shower heads are the rain heads that provide a lot of water, but no concentrated stream. I might be in the minority, but I'm not a fan of this style.
4. A little too cool. This one depends on who you ask. It is a W and I guess this is how it's supposed to be. I'm a relatively young guy (33), but to me, this place comes across as trying too hard to be cool. Things such as putting you on the guest list to get into the Ghost Bar and making it seem like it's a huge deal, very mirrored and dark hallways and elevator banks that can be a little disorienting, showers without a door (see above) are all touches that some people might appreciate and others just be annoyed by. I'm somewhere in the middle.
In summary, my two stays have been very enjoyable and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the hotel. Just know, this is a W and you get all that goes along with that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There is simply no better place to hang your hat (cowboy or otherwise) than the W Dallas-Victory. When in Texas, go big-as in bigger, bolder and brasher at W Dallas - Victory. Our unique and subtle touches including lasso sculptures and armadillo skin embellishments will have you saying WOW at every turn. Just minutes from visionary museums and popular festival sites, our Dallas hotel is the perfect choice for leisure and business travelers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Splitty, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your W Dallas Victory Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w Hotels Dallas
- w Hotel Dallas Tx