“Nola in Dallas”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Amberjax

Amberjax
Reserve with OpenTable
Amberjax is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #231 of 3,580 Restaurants in Dallas
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Whether you are planning a barbeque or making a quick pit stop for protein on the way home from work, Amberjax Fish Market and Grille has you covered. At Amberjax, every meal starts in our Market window. Our Head Chef Larry Williams hand selects the freshest and best fish, shellfish, and seafood from every corner of the globe and brings that freshness directly to Dallas diners. Whether it's from Alaska to Hawaii, New England to Nova Scotia, the Mediterranean to Australia or all the way to the frigid Antarctic waters off the Chilean coast, when the boats come in our buyers are on the dock and looking for your next meal. The Grille at Amberjax is sure offer the most pleasant dining experience in West Dallas. We offer fresh, homemade soups and gumbos that complement our full bar and wine list. Amberjax specializes in Cajun and Creole inspired luxury comfort food. We can promise you that the fish will be fresh and flavor will kick your taste buds in the face. At Amberjax, we have a wide variety of fish and we are sure we can find you the perfect fish for your next meal.
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Nola in Dallas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

The most authentic New Orleans/southern LA cuisine that I have experienced in all of Texas. Being a native of Nola, and a awesome cook myself, I am very picky and cautious when a restaurant claims my heritage. However, I was very pleasantly surprised by Amberjax Fish Market. Not only was the food fresh it was well prepared and flavorful with the flavor of the jazzy city itself. The staff was friendly and Terrance (chef) came out to share his and the restaurants history and claim to fame. Awesome.

• Visited April 2014

Dallas, Texas
“Amberjax Fish Market Grille”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

The best, freshest fish in town served in a casual Louisiana-style seaside diner. I took my college-age son there on a chilly night. He liked the big portions and tasty dishes and I liked the price. I don't have any pictures from our visit. The amberjax.net website will give you a good idea of what to expect.
The Trinity Groves area is a unique restaurant concept incubator. Amberjax is one concept that we hope to see expand.

• Visited January 2014
“Seafood Devine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Amberjack is a top notch restaurant. Seafood dish offerings were plentiful. I recommend the king salmon with the rosary chipotle glaze, spinach and the jasmine rice pilaf. The service was very good and very responsive wait staff.

Dallas, Texas
“Hip Seafood Restaurant in Trinity Groves area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

Casual seafood restaurant (and market) in the Trinity Groves area of Dallas. Very attentive service. Went on Monday night. The table next to us said this was their 3rd visit in 4 days! And by 7:30pm the place was packed with several large parties of 10 or more. (Staff said it was unusual for a Monday). Warehouse type building. Regular menu with good selection of appetizers - the Crab Dippers was a selection of crab dip, salmon dip and a sun dried tomato with feta cheese. Chalkboard has specials and listing of other items on and off menu. The lobster Mac 'n Cheese was delicious - lots of lobster on top! The Trout was good. Fried oyster basket was large with fries. Most entrees come with a choice of two sides. Average wine menu but a pleasant variety. And the staff is very willing to let you taste the wine so you are pleased with your selection, even by the glass. As with most upscale seafood restaurants, it can be pricey. But it is fresh seafood! Parking -- there is parking in both front and back. The front parking is always full. Amberjax entrance is towards the back, so parking is better there. There is valet parking in the back too. Over flow parking (on weekends) is across the street with a security guard.

• Visited March 2014
Dallas, Texas
“New Favorite Seafood Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

We discovered the Trinity Groves Area on a restaurant sampling tour. While on the tour, I saw Amberjack and vowed to check it out. My fiancé and I went there for dinner on a Saturday evening. First, the setting is casual...but nice. The service is great. The servers timing was impeccable and we never felt rushed. I felt like were being served dinner at our home. The fish is beyond belief. I had lobster bisque and red snapper. It's making my mouth water just thinking about it. As I'm writing this, my fiancé is getting ready for our dinner date at Amberjacks.

• Visited February 2014

Been to Amberjax? Share your experiences!