“TOP REVIEW: Advice, Pros, Cons & Comparisons”

Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament
Ranked #2 of 38 Concerts & Shows in Dallas
Ada, Oklahoma
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 251 helpful votes
“TOP REVIEW: Advice, Pros, Cons & Comparisons”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Disclaimer: We've been to Dixie Stampede in Branson 3-4 times. DS is MUCH better. But, if you've never been to DS or any show like this, then disregard my comparison.

ADVICE:
Don't get there early. We were told to get there early and stood in the large market/gift shop for 75 minutes with nothing to do except watch those who had paid for the "Knighting Experience" get knighted. Really, we just stood there. Nothing else to do.

No bad seat in the house. You could pay to get front row, but why? No bad seat anywhere.

Parking is horrible. Whoever's driving should drop the crew off at the door so they can get in line while he/she parks.

FOOD:
I attached the menu. It was the same as Dixie. Great food. Remember you eat with your hands, though.

SHOW:
The show started off slow. Just pomp and pagentry of horses. 30-45 minutes into it they really started battling, which was great.

OVERALL: We would not go back. Again, we've seen DS in Branson so many times that we have high expectations. Medieval times did not live up to those for me, my husband, or our 6 year old son.

4 Thank AnOkieTraveler

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing show”
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

I loved the show. Our server was funny and worked hard. I think her name was Jenna. I thought all the actors played their roles with enthusiasm. Which who wouldn't of.course. I wish there was a program that listed the names of the actors for each show. I really liked the whole atmosphere and mingling afterwards. It was truly a fun evening.

1 Thank ErikaJ1022
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best thing about Dallas!”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

The food was divine, the entertainment was spectacular, and the ambiance was truly a blast from the past!

1 Thank Julie B
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Fun For The Whole Family”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I went here with my family, nieces/ nephews when they were younger. Everyone enjoyed it. It's a very unique experience - you get to eat with your hands, soup is served sans spoon, you sip it straight out of the bowl. I thought the food was actually pretty good. First course was tomato/basil soup, which I enjoyed so much, I finished mine and my nephews. Dinner was chicken and some veggies... now it's not 5 star restaurant food, but considering that your eating in an open arena and they have to stick to foods that can be eaten with hands, I thought the food was good.

The show was a lot of fun and the actors really did their best to engage the audience. I was impressed with how well the horses were trained. After the show, the actors (knights) hang out and you can talk to them about the show. I found that just as fascinating as the show. Many of the actors have been with the show for years, and you can tell they really enjoy what they do.

I would recommend this, not only to families with kids, but to anyone who hasn't been. It's a one of a kind experience.

Visited April 2013
gretchen_midkiff, Manager at Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Jennifer,
Thank you so much for coming and attending our show. We're so glad you had an enjoyable time. Please come back and visit us again soon. HUZZAH!!!

-Medieval Times Dallas
Dallas@medievaltimes.com
Mansfield, Texas
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Pricey, but a great time”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We've been here a few times in the past, so that in itself is a recommendation. This visit I took my 10 yr old son and my 9 yr old niece for Spring Break. They had a blast. Before the show, you can walk around and see some of the actors (King, Princess, Falconer, etc), the horses in their stables, get adult drinks at the bar, and of course, buy pricey souvenirs. You are assigned a table (bench) based on how early you arrive, so I suggest arriving an hour before showtime, but truly, all seats are equally good.

The food was very good, mostly meat. (Soup, bread, 1/2 roasted chicken, 1 spare rib, 1/2 herb roasted potato, drink, and apple turnover.) Different events (for example, student educational shows) have different amounts of food. I have not tried the vegetarian version. The staff is friendly and willing to get you anything you need.

The show is extremely enjoyable. You can shout along for your knight, or just sit back and enjoy. It's a nice combination of horsemanship display and medieval sports (jousting, sword fighting, etc). It lasts about an hour, maybe a little more. All seats can see well.

The extras: Souvenirs can run you $20-35 per item (glowing sword, girls' headpiece, t-shirt) but they have a nice selection. Family photo with a character (in our case, the Princess) cost us $20, but was in a decorative heavy stock cardboard cover. Tips for waitstaff are not included in the ticket price, so bring extra; they deserve it.

Ways to save: Visit during special events to save on ticket price. Spring Break gave us 1/2 price tickets. There are plenty of coupons and discounts if you'll look online, too. Bring your own light up toys or tiaras with you. Heck, buy them at the dollar store and pull them out when you get there. Take your own pics with the actors before the show instead of purchasing their photo. They were very happy to pose.

I've taken different groups here (kids, adults, student events) and it's always been a consistently enjoyable time with enough variety that I didn't feel like I was watching the same show over and over. We will go again! About once a year is my average frequency.

2 Thank kimberlietx