Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
3,621 results
All reviews terminal c an airport hotel an early flight close to the airport coffee bar shuttle bus parking garage shuttle service rental car american airlines business meeting convenient location dfw grapevine validate toll runway
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had the best help from Yogesh getting our luggage to our room and he had the best way with people. He was most helpful with information regarding the amenities at this hotel and he took time to talk! We were so pleased. Thank you Hyatt Regency for hiring great people.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Julie R, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Dfw, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for the nice remarks. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and will certainly share your compliments with Yogesh. Safe travels and we hope to be your host again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The bellman and front desk went above and beyond in helping us with our four big bags and carryons to get us to curbside checkin at DFW airport the next morning. We are in our seventies and moving our bags is difficult, but they made it easy without our having to ask. If you want a good place to stay with great service at DFW airport this is it! We will definitely do it again.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Many thanks for your generous compliments of your recent stay. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was traveling with my 87 year old mother who has done mobility issues. The service staff was so helpful and kind. Rogelio Estrada's service was over the top. My mother and I were traveling to Florida to celebrate her sister's 90th birthday. The Hyatt Regency helped me make the stay a great one.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Thank you for your feedback. We are so pleased you and your mother enjoyed your stay. Be assured we will share your compliments with Rogelio -- he is a valued member of our team!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel sink water came out black on several occasions. It looks like they couldn't keep up with the demand of hot water, I had to take cold showers every morning and night for 3 days. FYI It wasn't just me, I asked other guests and they were having the same issues. Very disappointing.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Thank you for taking time to share your experience. Our sincere apologies for the hot water issue. A pipe burst and our engineering team worked diligently to make the repair. We appreciate your comments and do hope you will return when your travels bring you back to the Dallas / Fort Worth area.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Bait, and switch, and switch again, and switch again, and switch again.

We are very disappointed in the lack of honesty of this property, followed by a lack of integrity and resolution.

We arrived after midnight following 25 consecutive hours of planes & trains from Barcelona and only 5 hours before our next departure for our home in Wichita. After landing, we really were depending on the accuracy of information to make our booking (we didn't book in advance due to snow storms on the east coast -- there were talks that out flight would be canceled getting to Dallas). We saw signs for the airport hotels, and this was the option; so we took it.

We had a night certificate to redeem via a third party; arriving at DFW after midnight, I anticipated this being an issue. So I called to verify that I could still check in immediately after booking despite the hotel's system rolling over to the next business date. I was informed on the phone, that yes, they would be able to check us in no problem.

We get to the hotel, and this was not the case. I encountered sideswipe lie after sideswipe lie. But after being in transit that long consecutively and being on the heels of another flight, we had to stay somewhere. They informed me that they could not edit the dates on a third party reservation (which, from hotel front desk experience, and with Hotels.com being a common third party, I knew this to be false). When I called them on this, I asked if it was possible to create a temporary house account for my payment so that they could move the third party's intermediary payment in place of my deposit. They informed me that they could not until they'd spoken with the third party (also a major lie). All I could do was say, "are you serious?" like are you sure that's the answer you want to go with? It became abundantly clear that they took me for being ignorant, and that they were going to use any piece of micrologic to not take responsibility for the mess that they created. So I finally just gave up with them, and accepted their scam to get double charged for a room that we would be in for only 3 hours (at $170 per night?!?).

No offers for compensation were made, the liability was shifted to me to call the third party, and the desk agent and manager were nothing but smug to me the whole time. They didn't even want to accept responsibility for advising me that making the reservation would be fine. When I asked, "well when I dial 0 to speak to reception, who does that send me to" and they responded that it's an in-house phone, and they still wouldn't own that lie. They also lied that early check-in was not a possible backup option, despite there being rooms available. Hotels in major chains never turn away early check-in reservations, especially ones that they've granted on the phone.

Essentially, their minds were made up that we were not going to be helped.

This was my first time trying a Hyatt property, and I'll never be back to one. While currently holding IHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Titanium, and Marriott Platinum, I've never seen anything like this. I didn't even bother signing up for their loyalty program after this experience. Not even on different continents does this happen. As a former hotel employee, it takes A LOT for me to bother writing anything slightly negative about a property because of the empathy level that I have for their staff and the constraints that they operate under. But after being told more lies than I can count on one hand and the inconvenience that it out on me as a customer, I have no choice but to warn others.

In my eyes, the hotel should refund their walk-in reservation for this stay, at minumum. Their communication influenced me to book the third party reservation, and then trapped me into double paying for the room. Hotels.com did nothing wrong, and I as a consumer made a choice based on Hyatt's guidance. They led me down a path that required me to be double charged, they should take ownership of this issue.

There were so many potential solutions and civil ways that this could have been taken care of. But they chose the route of "we're too good to help you, and we're going to invent reasons why we can't help you." Absolutely unbelievable.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Our sincere apologies for the frustration you have experienced. Please contact Eric Rogers, our Front Desk Manager, at eric.rogers@hyatt.com so that he can assist in resolving this issue.