“Super convenient for an overnight connection”
Review of Hyatt Regency DFW

Hyatt Regency DFW
Ranked #27 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I booked this room for an overnight connection at DFW. The location is super convenient - I literally walked across the parking garage and into the lobby of this hotel, about a 5-10 minute walk from the American Airlines terminal. You have to follow some signs and go up and down a few short staircases, so if you are arriving with luggage I would recommend waiting for the shuttle, but with just my overnight bag it was quicker and easier to walk (plus I had sat plenty on the plane). Check in was efficient, and the hotel lobby was hopping, even though it was about 10pm. The lobby had a snack bar, bar, and restaurant all open and busy. I went up to my room, which was both clean and spacious. The hotel had any amenity I could have wanted, and they provided a list of things you could request, noting whether it was complimentary, or if not how much it would cost. Apparently every room comes with a pair of men's and women's slippers for free, I never would have guessed. The bathrooms are well appointed with shampoo, conditioner, lotion, etc (and you could request more if you wanted it, but the travel-sized bottles were plenty big for one night). Unfortunately I wasn't here long enough to try the restaurants and was too tired to go to the bar, but I slept quite well and it was just another short walk back to the terminal to catch my morning flight.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Julia O, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Sounds like a fabulous stay! I like that you called the bar "hopping" it really can be, I'm really excited to see what it is like this weekend! If you would like for your next stay you can always use our Hyatt Has It card to request anything you have forgotten and need for your travels. This way you can take the toothpaste with you for your next stop, and not be concerned that you forgot it at home!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,559)

Reviewed April 20, 2014

We had a layover and had contacted a few different hotels, but all were booked except Hyatt Regency DFW. The Hyatt also showed no rooms available so we had to start looking online and thankfully Priceline showed availability. I wasn't thrilled we had to pay over $200 for maybe 7 hours, but in the end it was worth it! Not to mention a cab would cost about $30 for less than 5 miles so if you're trying to save money and book a hotel that is around $100-$150 you still end at around the same price with the to and from cab rides. The service was incredible. We called the hotel once we picked up our baggage from baggage claim to ask where exactly they were and the sweet girl from the front desk sent us a shuttle. Not only that, but she was so cheerful and it was after midnight... it actually lightened my mood:) Not to mention it was so nice and convenient to wake up and take a quick shuttle back to the airport. Absolutely no complaints!

• Stayed: April 2014
Julia O, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

That was a fabulous review :)! I agree a free shuttle can make things SOOO much easier, than paying for cabs everywhere. Did you know that we also offer another shuttle to take our guests into Grapevine? Grapevine is just 5 minutes away and has shopping, Texas wineries etc....

Post on our Facebook, or feel free to email us, and we can get that set up for you upon your next stay. Hopefully, you'll get to stay longer than 7 hours!

Thanks for choosing Hyatt Regency DFW!

Reviewed April 18, 2014

The only concern when we booked this was how difficult it would be to transfer from the terminal to the hotel. That was so easy. No need for concern.The shuttle was prompt and easy to use.

This is a first class operation. They know what a traveler needs and provide outstanding service. The room was large and very clean. $312 for the room - worth every penny.

The highlight was the meal at Jacob's Spring Grille. See the separate review.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

I'm so happy to hear that it was easy for you to hop on the shuttle! I think it's always easiest to save the number of the hotel I'm staying at in my Passbook on my Iphone, or you can just save us to your contacts. Our number is 9724531234. Please don't hesitate to tell our staff what would make your stay wonderful!

Reviewed April 10, 2014

stayed at hyatt regency during final four in north texas. excellent hotel and deserves at least a 4 1/2 star rating. the staff was friendly, helpful, courteous and i did not get the impression it was becuase of the final four. the final four was just one of the many events they serve. loved the fact it was on airport property and had complimentary parking validatation. food at the hotel restuarants was excellent. all attractions we were interested in were within 40 minutes driving. if using gps i would advise just mapping to dfw airport and not the hotel address unless you gps is totally update to date. map the airport and follow the signs to hyatt regency.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Hello Henry!

Thanks for staying with us during the Final Four! We were very excited for the big event, but you are correct in assuming that we cater to many large groups all the time. How did you hear about us? What team were you rootin' for- hopefully UCONN since they won! Please let me know when you are going to stay with us again by tweeting us @Hyattdfwairport.

Thank you!

Reviewed April 6, 2014

I stayed at the DFW Hyatt Regency for one night due to an overnight layover at DFW. Upon my arrival, the curtesy shuttle was waiting, and readily available at 11pm! Check in was a breeze, and my room was amazing. Great bed, pillows, and the walk in shower was bigger than most bathrooms in hotels, ha! There were quite a few complimentary products available, and the in-room WIFI was strong. Very clean, comfortable, and easily accessible from the airport.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Julia O, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Your stay sounds seamless! Which is just how we like it :). Please feel free to tweet us @Hyattdfwairport if there is anything we can do to go the extra mile for you upon your next stay.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

I booked the Hyatt DFW via Hotwire and I had an excellent rate. I was happy when I when looked up the hotel and saw that it was listed as being right at the airport.
Our flight was a very late arrival (after midnight) and one of the last flight to land. We landed in the E terminal and I had hoped for a short walk from my gate to the hotel. However the hotel was little more confusing to find than I had hoped, I could see the hotel from the terminal, but I could not find how to get to it! To make matters even more confusing, the airport has TWO Hyatt Hotels at the airport. I had to ask quite a few staff members to find my way and the way was a little odd, you have to walk through two parking garages to get from the terminal to the hotel and up and down a number of flights of stairs. I was lucky I had a carry on, because a large suitcase would have been a problem!
Once I got to the hotel, I found it clean and active, even at this late hour the bar was full and the lobby was busy.
My room was a little 1970's retro feeling with oranges and browns. I didn't mind it as the room was VERY clean and all furnishings were in good shape. It felt like you were stepping bake into the disco era and was unique.
I had a horrible view. I was on a low floor and looked at the parking lot. I find that when I get good rates from Hotwire - often my rooms have a bad view in exchange for a low room rate.
One very odd thing was that my room smelled like beef jerky! Not a little bit, but A LOT. It was not a repulsive or bad smell, it just smelled like beef jerky or Slim Jim's had been stored in the room. It was pretty strong. During my stay I was exiting my room and the lady across the hall was exiting her room and she asked me, does this whole area smell like beef jerky, I just laughed that she thought the same thing.
I liked the hotel over all. Service was good and it was well maintained. It had all the items you need in a good airport hotel like departure screens in the lobby and boarding pass printers at the front desk.
I did forget my IPAD in the room and called the hotels Lost and Found to try to find it. The Lost and Found people were great. They found my lost IPAD and shipped it to me. They were fast, honest and pleasant and made a bad experience a good one.
I would for sure stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank James S

James, thank you for all the kind words about our hotel, and I'm glad we were able to find your Ipad for you. It always stinks when you lose something of value like that! Glad we could help. You can always give our hotel a call or tweet us @hyattdfwairport to get the shuttle right over to you. It does run every 20 minutes, and we always prefer our guests allow us to take care of them, so next time please let us offer you a complimentary ride to the property. If you ever forget it you are at the Grand or Regency hotel, make sure to email it over to yourself. My smart phone has saved me oh so many times! I will address your other concerns with our appropriate departments, and please email before you stay with us again next time at julia.orourke@hyatt.com. I want to make sure our shuttle is there upon your arrival. Thank you for the review!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I'm a huge fan of Hyatt, specifically the Hyatt Regency properties that I've stayed at. While I wouldn't rate this the best one that I've stayed at, it's still a very nice hotel. I also appreciate the fact that parking is free. The food was very good, and I love that Hyatt always has healthy options. They also typically have very nice gyms. While the gym at this Hyatt could use a bit of an update, there is plenty of equipment for use. The room was very nice and clean, and the staff was friendly. The hotel bar is very large and is very nice. It was hopping every night, too. It was a fun spot to hang out for a drink after a long day. The other thing I really enjoyed was watching planes take off and land, and the noise was minimal. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. Unfortunately, the rate often slightly exceeds my company's allowable rate, so I have not been able to stay here on a weekly basis. But I have booked another stay there for next month.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Julia O, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

What is the next date that you will be staying with us, and what company? I'm glad that you enjoy Ace's and the healthy food options in Jacob's. I love the Strawberry Fields Salad: brie, candied walnuts, field greens delicious.

Let me know we can keep you happy. My personal email is: julia.orourke@hyatt.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dallas
Grand Hyatt DFW
#1 of 207 in Dallas
Downtown Dallas
#24 of 207 in Dallas
Downtown Dallas
Doubletree by Hilton Dallas Market Center

Been to Hyatt Regency DFW? Share your experiences!