“Weekend getaway”

Hyatt Regency DFW
Ranked #28 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

The most complicated hotel to get in and out of! It was wonderful to have the parking complimentary but if you are there for your first time you will spend most of your time just trying to navigate to from the hotel. The hotel itself is nice the exercise room was full of new equipment. The pool was unsatisfactory small and super noisy. The staff were wonderful and the comfort of the beds awesome! The view of the parking garage was terrible. If you want to stay in grapvine its close to the DFW airport and I would recommend staying somewhere different. Frustrated and complicated each I had to drive somewhere. If you don't need a car and the shuttle from the hotel can accommodate you then go for it. If not stay somewhere else!!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Julia O, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Complimentary parking is always a nice surprise and you are correct the beds are amazing. However, I am wondering why you felt that the hotel was hard to get to- where were you traveling from? We do have a free shuttle that goes all around the airport, and we also have a Grapevine shuttle that comes to the hotel every day.

Thanks for your input!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,519)

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Stayed here during one of DFW's ice storms this year. Great accommodations for an airport hotel. Check in was easy, the room was nice, bed was nice and comfortable. Can't say anything bad about this place. Enjoyed the short stay.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Julia O, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

"nothing bad to say" well that's wonderful! I do wonder how we can earn a 5 star rating from you? Let us know by emailing julia.orourke@hyatt.com, or post on our Facebook!

Reviewed February 21, 2014

I attended a business-related conference at this hotel. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. The TV channel selection was mediocre at best; several channels that I like to watch or have available were not included (Food Network, History Channel, A&E, Lifetime, for example). The coffee which is served throughout, from the room coffee maker to the conference facilities, is Starbucks. I may be one of the few people who don't like Starbucks, but I don't, so this was not enjoyable. My room bathroom was nicely appointed but had only a shower, no tub; the shower has a fixed glass enclosure which made it drafty (no way to close the opening). The room heat/ac system had instructions beside it which did not match the thermostat; I never did figure it out (I was reasonably comfortable so I never called for help). The hotel says it has "balconies" but these are so tiny that is a joke. Also, its "soundproofing" is not as good as the hotel seems to think it is. It was not horribly noisy but there was no doubt this was an airport hotel. Check in and out was easy, printing my boarding pass was easy, the staff is friendly and courteous. They have a shuttle bus to take you to and from your terminal and that runs frequently. They are also on a bus line to go outside the airport to Grapevine but these busses are very small when you have a large group staying there, all wanting to go at the same time. (This is not the hotel's fault, however. The food provided for our group for meals and snacks was above average and plentiful. They were accommodating of special requests, such as gluten-free and vegetarian. I did not use the pool, exercise facilities, bar, or in-house eating establishments so cannot comment on these. Overall, this was a positive experience, and I would not hesitate to stay there again (for business or if I had to overnight at the airport; I would not stay there as part of a vacation or weekend getaway).

Room Tip: At the end of the hall next to the stairwell. I was a long way from the elevator (a mixed blessing...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank EdnaJune

Hello Edna,

I'm happy to hear that you would not hesitate to stay with us again when traveling through DFW. I agree that our food and beverage selections are always above expectations. I have been lucky enough to attend in house training meetings, and am always wowed. You are also on point stating that we have no problem with accepting special request. Please keep this in mind when you do not like Starbucks coffee. We want to make sure our guests are ecstatic with their stay. So, please allow us to take care of you.

Thank you for all your input, and we look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

This is the older of the two Hyatt hotels at the DFW Airport, but it's still quite nice. We specifically requested a high floor so we could watch the airport operations, so I was a little disappointed with the room they gave us - we were in the corner of the T-shaped floorplan and the center wing of the building blocked most of our view. By contrast, another party who simply requested a room near ours ended up with the best view. I would certainly advise against paying for the eUpgrade or whatever they call it. It was only $14, I think, but our friends got better for free. The room itself was comfortable. The shower was the rainfall type, which I don't much care for because I prefer having enough water pressure to blast some of the sleepiness away in the morning. The bed was comfortable, though a little bit soft (but I'm used to an extra-extra-firm mattress at home). As for the folks who have complained about the noise, I'm not sure what they expected. The hotel is literally at the heart of one of the busiest airports in the world. If you really want to get away from the noise of airplanes, you have to get away from the airport.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for high floor unless you can be assured of getting an unobstructed view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Julia O, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Happy to hear you enjoyed the aesthetics of the hotel! I would want to have an unobstructed view of the airplanes as well, and I'm sorry that is not what you received. If you are ever unhappy when you walk into the room, walk right back out, and let us make you happy. That is our job, and our guest come first.

In addition, I'm glad you didn't think it was noisy. I have never heard a complaint about airplanes for noise (noisy neighbors etc... is sometimes a complaint). We have double paned windows etc to block out any extra noise.

I would like to invite you back and we will make sure to give you the best view in the house. Just contact me via my email which is left in response to many of these posts.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

The convenience of the Hyatt Regency is definitely the only reason to stay here. That said the rooms were clean and nicely appointed. The hotel is L shaped and we were near the inside corner and that may have contributed to the noise, yet I still felt it was a little too noisy. The hotel has balconies and while it is nice to get fresh air sometimes I think it is a detriment to this hotel as the sliding door seem to be the source of the noise.

Room service is ridiculously overpriced to begin with and then a 21% service charge and a delivery charge. $40 for a 12" pizza and a couple drinks. Really!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Julia O, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

I'm glad you felt the hotel was convenient, clean, and arranged well. However, I'm disappointed to hear you felt it was too noisy. You stated you believe it was the door? Would you mind being more descriptive so I can have our engineers correct it?

I will relay your feedback about the pizza, and drinks to the appropriate departments.

Is there anything we could have done (besides correcting the issues) that would have made you consider our hotel over others? My email is julia.orourke@hyatt.com.

Thank you.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

My good experience mirrors many of the reviews here.

I stayed one night. The shuttle pickup and drop off from the terminal was fast and friendly. (A mini-bus, not a van.)

The room was large and clean and comfortable. The person checking my in was friendly and asked about room preferences. The hotel looks very nice overall.

There is 24 hour coffee stand in the lobby.

I did not use restaurant or gym.

I would gladly stay here again between flights. A very nice and non-stressful stop in the middle of my travels.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Julia O, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

I'm glad to hear that your stay was pleasant and convenient. Is there anything we could have done to make it exceptional for you?

I see your from New York... keep warm up there and let's hope the Giants give us a better season this year!

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Stayed here one night after the city was hit with ice/sleet. With the airport mostly shutdown, I was able to get a room here for one night hoping to get a flight the next day. The staff was really friendly considering the hotel was jam packed with stranded travelers. The hotel is a little older, but had been renovated. Cannot vouch for airport noise, since the airport was mostly non-operational. The government rate included breakfast, which was good for a full service hotel. I also tried the dinner buffet in the restaurant downstairs, it was ok, but a good value. The location is the main draw of this hotel (right outside terminal C) which is great if you have an early flight the next day.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Julia O, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

I'm happy to hear that we were able to give you great service when you were stranded due to ice/sleet. Is there anything that we could have done better to make your stay exceptional?

Thank you for staying with us, and I hope you continue to stay with us when you are in DFW!