“Great for travelers”

Hyatt Regency DFW
Ranked #30 of 212 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Stayed here overnight to make connecting flight the next day to Costa Rica. First advantage is location..less than 5 minute shuttle ride from airport. Arrived early evening with over 20-30 others on their way to the same corporate event. It took less than 2 minutes to check in which is so rare. We were in our room in less than 5 minutes which after a day of flying is awesome. Our room was fantastic. Clean, appeared to be newly remodeled and the bed was extremely convertible. Got settled and went to the lobby bar and restaurant for a couple drinks and some food. The food was very, very good as were the drinks. Priced as you would expect for larger city and near airport so not cheap but worth the $$$. Service was a little slow as they were understaffed and probably didn't expect a group as big as ours on Saturday night. Could not even tell we were near the airport and slept very well all night and definitely will stay here again when travelling thru Dallas.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Julia O, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

The fast check-in, the delicious drinks & food, and comfortable bed sound great! I'm glad that all 30 of you were comfortable and well taken care of when you stayed with us.

As per the staffing issue, I do apologize if it was not as speedy as it should be... Many of our employees have been out ill thanks to this terrible winter! We always exercise caution for our guests and ask our employees to get well at home before coming back to delight our customers.

Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to host your group again soon! Feel free to like us on Facebook or Tweet us @Hyattdfwairport!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,588)

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Wound up being stuck at DFW when I got in too late for my connection. I decided to give this a shot since I thought it would be a quick to and from.

Unfortunately you still have to get on a shuttle to get to the property and in the end it just didn’t seem like I had saved much time vs. going off the airport. To be fair, they did have plenty of shuttles in the A.M. upon the return to the airport.

As for the hotel itself, it is a standard Hyatt and there was nothing special about it. And while I wasn’t expecting special I was hoping that there would at least be something to eat at the hotel since I got in late and nothing was available in the terminal I landed in at DFW. According to the front desk their 24 hour café was closed due to a staffing issue, so there would be a vending machine with snacks right? Wrong. Only water and soda or pay the exorbitant price for the food in the room. Decided to not grab the high priced snack, but according to my recent credit card statement they unfortunately billed me anyway for something above the room charge.

Lastly, I wanted to have my airline miles credited for my stay. The front desk clerk told me I need their new (or at least new for me) Hyatt Gold Passport Card. It was late and I told her I didn’t want to sign up for it at the time. She failed to tell me that I could not apply the stay when I would eventually sign up later. A call to customer service and an email via their website after I signed up was a waste of time.

Overpriced location, poor service, and lack of amenities equates to trying another place the next time I get stuck at DFW.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Stayed here because of it proximity to the airport as we were in between flights.
Our room was very comfortable and we didn't notice any noise from the airport at all.

Upon arrival into Terminal D we used the hotel courtesy phone in the terminal to phone through for a shuttle to pick us up and we were advised where to wait. The shuttle arrived within 10 minutes without a problem and the driver was very friendly even offered us a water.

We would stay at this hotel again without a problem. We did look at the Grand Hyatt that was located directly within the airport but that hotel was a lot dearer so we chose the Regency DFW and it's so close to the airport that it was worth the saving.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kazda
Julia O, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

I'm so happy that you both were comfortable with us during your stay between flights. Most of our guests love that it's centrally located in the airport, and US. Please tweet us @hyattdfwairport next time you stay with us!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Can't beat the location, that's for sure!!! DFW Airport is a small, sprawling city on its own, and finding your way around it can be a challenge. However, I had no problem finding the Hyatt Regency Hotel after asking one of the curb-side check-in personnel and was directed to either wait for the shuttle, or walk toward D19 exit across the parking lot to reach the hotel entrance. There were lots of signs in the parking garage that direct you up and down stairways to reach it. But if you do not feel like stairs, take the Hyatt shuttle.

The check-in was very smooth and Britney was accommodating and friendly. I arrived quite a bit ahead of normal check-in time of 3pm, but she immediately put my mind to ease and offered an available room. The room had every conveniences except a safe. There was a coffee maker with Starbucks coffee grind for a much-needed cup of joe first thing in the morning, and it didn't take a degree in engineering to figure out how to use it! The room was quite spacious and the bed was comfortable. The shower was kind of weak, but not a big deal. Wifi in-room was extra, but there was Wifi connectivity at the restaurant and lobby areas.

I used the car service from the hotel, which was a bit pricey but well worth the comfort, safety and convenience. Since I booked the hotel room with Expedia packaged with flights, the rate was incredibly reasonable for the quality and location. Expedia's regular rate cost 1/3 more, and breakfast can be included if you pay another $10 (which is not really 'FREE breakfast', is it?). The shuttle leaves every 20 minutes on the hour for the terminals. Make sure you tell the driver which terminal you are going to. I didn't, and the driver was not suppose to be going to that terminal, but he drove me there anyway, and was very friendly and helpful with instructions on where to go after I get off.

Overall, it was a most pleasant and comfortable stay, and I would definitely use Hyatt hotels in my future travels.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank msmew8
Julia O, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Yes, you could not be more correct on the shuttle- the parking garage does have some small sets of stairs. I prefer telling guests to take the shuttle because we don't want them to be in the cold, or pull their own suitcase.

Britney is great! She always helps me out when I have special requests to take care of guests. Thank you for giving her a shout out, as all of our employees see these, and so do their direct bosses, and division heads.

I'm so happy that you were comfortable, enjoyed the Starbucks coffee in the rooms, and fluffy beds. If you do see a published rate online for our hotel please call us, or email me at julia.orourke@hyatt.com because we have a Best Rate Guarantee. I'm glad that Hyatt left a wonderful impression on you, and we look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Ceases to amaze me what people will and wont do before booking a hotel. Do your homework and take personal responsibility. For us this hotel was great. Very courteous Staff. We did have a issue with 1 of the 2 rooms we booked. The front desk (Jonathan) was very accommodating and made every effort to resolve the issue. What happened to us, could of happen at any hotel and Jonathan choose to resolve it. To us that made the world of difference. Once we returned home , I received a follow up call from one of the managers, assuring our room problem had been resolved. Kudo's to Mr Dean for the follow-up
Do appreciate the all night coffee shop. The hotel does offer a airport shuttle, on the hour and every 20 minutes there after. If you don't know your departing gate info, it is obtainable from the monitor in the hotel Lobby. (you will need it before boarding the shuttle). Thank You Hyatt and yes we will return.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Julia O, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

I'm happy to hear that Jonathan at the front desk solved your issue, and made traveling that much easier. The follow-up call is a huge extra plus!

The monitors are helpful for flight information, but we also have Fast Board programs at the front desk that allow you to print off your boarding pass before leaving.

Please feel free to email me should you have any needs or issues when you stay with us again at julia.orourke@hyatt.com. You can also tweet us @Hyattdfwairport.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

This was our second stay at this hotel, our prior stay was a more than a year ago (My DH and I)and I was curious to see if the hotel had been well maintained and the service was a good as last time. I was more than impressed. I had booked the hotel more than a month ahead and when I saw that the price had dropped two days before we checked in, Hyatt adjusted my rate over the phone with no hassle at all. Once we arrived at the hotel we were warmly greeted by the valet/bellman who reminded us he would validate our toll/parking ticket as we were leaving later that night for a concert. We chose the option to upgrade at check in (since we had the kids so there were 5 of us) and we received the one bedroom executive suite we wanted for a small additional amount and having the extra room was well worth it. The room was quiet, clean and well maintained. We grabbed coffee and snacks at the coffee bar in the lobby both before and after our concert (which was really convenient). After we returned our rental car that same night we were able to take the shuttle to the terminal and walk through the parking garage to get back to the hotel (although the hotel will pick you up by shuttle if you prefer not to walk). In the morning we used the shuttle to get to the American terminal for our flight and it was so convenient. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Dallas.

Room Tip: Take an upgrade prior to check in at a reduced price
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Julia O, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Hello Tricia,

I'm glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us! I'm glad they were able to lower the price without a problem since it dropped right before your arrival. The suites are my favorite room in the hotel, spacious, and pretty! It can be very difficult to travel with kids- especially more than just 1 like yourself. If you should need anything before arrival please tweet us @HyattDFWAirport, or email me at julia.orourke@hyatt.com. Thank you for making us your choice hotel when traveling through DFW!

Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

This is my first time staying at a a Hyatt hotel. The women who checked me in was very courteous and a pleasure to deal with. The restaurant area in the main lobby are well presented. The rooms are wonderful and offer a very comfortable and high end feel. Overal me first impression of the Hyatt Regency DFW is great. I dont think you will be disappointed at all.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jamesdean29

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad that you enjoyed the rooms from an aesthetics perspective, and thought that it was comfortable. I hope you always choose the Hyatt Regency when you are in DFW. Please feel free to email me at julia.orourke@hyatt.com to tell me more about your stay or tweet us @Hyattdfwairport!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dallas
Grand Hyatt DFW
#1 of 212 in Dallas
Downtown Dallas
#24 of 212 in Dallas
Downtown Dallas
Doubletree by Hilton Dallas Market Center

Been to Hyatt Regency DFW? Share your experiences!