“Convenient and comfortable”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Toronto, Canada
“Convenient and comfortable”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Can't beat the location, that's for sure!!! DFW Airport is a small, sprawling city on its own, and finding your way around it can be a challenge. However, I had no problem finding the Hyatt Regency Hotel after asking one of the curb-side check-in personnel and was directed to either wait for the shuttle, or walk toward D19 exit across the parking lot to reach the hotel entrance. There were lots of signs in the parking garage that direct you up and down stairways to reach it. But if you do not feel like stairs, take the Hyatt shuttle.

The check-in was very smooth and Britney was accommodating and friendly. I arrived quite a bit ahead of normal check-in time of 3pm, but she immediately put my mind to ease and offered an available room. The room had every conveniences except a safe. There was a coffee maker with Starbucks coffee grind for a much-needed cup of joe first thing in the morning, and it didn't take a degree in engineering to figure out how to use it! The room was quite spacious and the bed was comfortable. The shower was kind of weak, but not a big deal. Wifi in-room was extra, but there was Wifi connectivity at the restaurant and lobby areas.

I used the car service from the hotel, which was a bit pricey but well worth the comfort, safety and convenience. Since I booked the hotel room with Expedia packaged with flights, the rate was incredibly reasonable for the quality and location. Expedia's regular rate cost 1/3 more, and breakfast can be included if you pay another $10 (which is not really 'FREE breakfast', is it?). The shuttle leaves every 20 minutes on the hour for the terminals. Make sure you tell the driver which terminal you are going to. I didn't, and the driver was not suppose to be going to that terminal, but he drove me there anyway, and was very friendly and helpful with instructions on where to go after I get off.

Overall, it was a most pleasant and comfortable stay, and I would definitely use Hyatt hotels in my future travels.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank msmew8
Julia O, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Yes, you could not be more correct on the shuttle- the parking garage does have some small sets of stairs. I prefer telling guests to take the shuttle because we don't want them to be in the cold, or pull their own suitcase.

Britney is great! She always helps me out when I have special requests to take care of guests. Thank you for giving her a shout out, as all of our employees see these, and so do their direct bosses, and division heads.

I'm so happy that you were comfortable, enjoyed the Starbucks coffee in the rooms, and fluffy beds. If you do see a published rate online for our hotel please call us, or email me at julia.orourke@hyatt.com because we have a Best Rate Guarantee. I'm glad that Hyatt left a wonderful impression on you, and we look forward to hosting you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
houston
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Ceases to amaze me what people will and wont do before booking a hotel. Do your homework and take personal responsibility. For us this hotel was great. Very courteous Staff. We did have a issue with 1 of the 2 rooms we booked. The front desk (Jonathan) was very accommodating and made every effort to resolve the issue. What happened to us, could of happen at any hotel and Jonathan choose to resolve it. To us that made the world of difference. Once we returned home , I received a follow up call from one of the managers, assuring our room problem had been resolved. Kudo's to Mr Dean for the follow-up
Do appreciate the all night coffee shop. The hotel does offer a airport shuttle, on the hour and every 20 minutes there after. If you don't know your departing gate info, it is obtainable from the monitor in the hotel Lobby. (you will need it before boarding the shuttle). Thank You Hyatt and yes we will return.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Julia O, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
I'm happy to hear that Jonathan at the front desk solved your issue, and made traveling that much easier. The follow-up call is a huge extra plus!

The monitors are helpful for flight information, but we also have Fast Board programs at the front desk that allow you to print off your boarding pass before leaving.

Please feel free to email me should you have any needs or issues when you stay with us again at julia.orourke@hyatt.com. You can also tweet us @Hyattdfwairport.
Yorba Linda, CA
Reviewed December 17, 2013

This was our second stay at this hotel, our prior stay was a more than a year ago (My DH and I)and I was curious to see if the hotel had been well maintained and the service was a good as last time. I was more than impressed. I had booked the hotel more than a month ahead and when I saw that the price had dropped two days before we checked in, Hyatt adjusted my rate over the phone with no hassle at all. Once we arrived at the hotel we were warmly greeted by the valet/bellman who reminded us he would validate our toll/parking ticket as we were leaving later that night for a concert. We chose the option to upgrade at check in (since we had the kids so there were 5 of us) and we received the one bedroom executive suite we wanted for a small additional amount and having the extra room was well worth it. The room was quiet, clean and well maintained. We grabbed coffee and snacks at the coffee bar in the lobby both before and after our concert (which was really convenient). After we returned our rental car that same night we were able to take the shuttle to the terminal and walk through the parking garage to get back to the hotel (although the hotel will pick you up by shuttle if you prefer not to walk). In the morning we used the shuttle to get to the American terminal for our flight and it was so convenient. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Dallas.

Room Tip: Take an upgrade prior to check in at a reduced price
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Julia O, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Hello Tricia,

I'm glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us! I'm glad they were able to lower the price without a problem since it dropped right before your arrival. The suites are my favorite room in the hotel, spacious, and pretty! It can be very difficult to travel with kids- especially more than just 1 like yourself. If you should need anything before arrival please tweet us @HyattDFWAirport, or email me at julia.orourke@hyatt.com. Thank you for making us your choice hotel when traveling through DFW!
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

This is my first time staying at a a Hyatt hotel. The women who checked me in was very courteous and a pleasure to deal with. The restaurant area in the main lobby are well presented. The rooms are wonderful and offer a very comfortable and high end feel. Overal me first impression of the Hyatt Regency DFW is great. I dont think you will be disappointed at all.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jamesdean29
Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad that you enjoyed the rooms from an aesthetics perspective, and thought that it was comfortable. I hope you always choose the Hyatt Regency when you are in DFW. Please feel free to email me at julia.orourke@hyatt.com to tell me more about your stay or tweet us @Hyattdfwairport!
Perth, Australia
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We did a long haul flight from Sydney. Arrived in the afternoon and were very tired. After having a drink in the bar followed by a very nice dinner in the hotel restaurant was in bed to catch up on sleep by 8.30. We were on the 9 th floor. The room was very quiet - so quiet that we actually slept through breakfast and lunch! The room was very clean and spacious. Space is good when travelling with lots of luggage. We were on our way to visit family so had more than what we usually have, Christmas presents, etc. the convenience of the bar and restaurant were just what we needed being so tired. The hotel shuttle was efficient.
The comment someone else made about the half glass screen in the bathroom about the water getting out on the floor was true but was only a minor inconvenience. The layout of the bathroom was good, allowing one person to get up during the night without disturbing the other.
Generally the staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was a great choice for our 2 night stop over.
The hotel is also on the Grapevine shuttle service route which made a quick trip to do some shopping very easy. The shuttle service takes you to the big mall as well as Grapevine township and a few othe destinations for a day pass of $5. It runs all day until about 10 pm.

Room Tip: 9th was very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Julia O, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Monika,

I'm glad that you enjoyed your trip to the states! The beds are amazing, and one day I shall have to buy one based off all the positive reviews! What restaurant did you enjoy while you were here?

I'm glad you thought the staff was great as well, but if you ever have any additional feedback you'd like to share please don't hesitate to email me at julia.orourke@hyatt.com. Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Regency DFW we look forward to hosting you again, especially our Australian chef!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Almost every time that I use Priceline to book at hotel in this area of DFW, I get the Hyatt Regency DFW for a killer price. (Usually between $60-$75 per night!)

That being the case, it's hard not to really enjoy this hotel for that kind of value. And not only that, the hotel itself is a very solid hotel on its own.

It's not quite as "grand" as it's bigger brother across the street at Terminal D, but it is a very good hotel for a good night's sleep and a clean stay.

I love the location, as it is in the middle of anything you want to do in DFW. Being inside the airport is also nice, as I am a little bit of an aviation nerd and love watching the planes take off and land.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank EconometricsTX
Julia O, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
I see your play on words there, very funny. I'm glad you enjoy the Hyatt Regency DFW.

HERE IS WHAT I LOVE MOST AND IT'S TRUE!!!!:

"I love the location, as it is in the middle of anything you want to do in DFW". Check out our Ultimate Sports Fan Package. Code FANDFW for March Madness.

Tweet us @Hyattdfwairport
Kyle, Texas, United States
Reviewed November 29, 2013

This hotel has been nothing but problems. First they claimed that despite my 6 month advance reservation for a King room, and paying extra for it, that these reservations are "optional" accommodations. After confronting them for over 30 minutes they magically found a King room. Further, at the end of my stay I noticed they charged me the one-time, non-refundable, pet charge 5 times (once per day). They removed these charges at the front desk, but then proceeded to charge my cc the charges again 3 days later. When confronted over the phone about this additional charge, they claimed it was because they had to shampoo the room, except I already have a paper that I signed there that said the original $65 was to shampoo the room. In summation the staff here is highly incompetent and rude. I stay over 250 nights a year at hotels and I cannot in good conscience recommend this one. Please, please, please, take my advice and go elsewhere!

Please note that by staying here you are stuck at DFW airport. The drive outside the airport is almost 3 miles and there is both a toll and a parking/sitting charge. The hotel does not offer an off-site shuttle, so you will need a rental car or a taxi to leave. Further complicating this mess is there are no food options other than those offered by the hotel. No take-out or delivery whatsoever. The hotel bar and restaurant isn't horrible, and the service at dinner is pretty good all things considered, but the food is nothing spectacular.

Green Features: They do not have any particularly environmentally friendly practices that I could see. Most hotels that I stay at have, at minimum, a recycle waste can in the room. They didn't even have that.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Julia O, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Ms. Adina,

When I first read this review I have to say I was shocked that this was our hotel, so I called each department that would touch the areas you spoke about. I made sure to watch the security tape of your check-in process and timed it at 9 minutes. I'm sorry if it seemed like 30 minutes is there a way we could have made this process more enjoyable for you? I do understand wanting to have a specific room type but unfortunately they cannot be guaranteed due to a multitude of factors. If you are a Hyatt Gold Passport member at certain levels you are guaranteed your room requested, and if not available you are upgraded beyond what you requested. The Gold Passport program is free to join! In addition, I'm sorry that you were accidentally charged the one time only fee of $75 more than once, it was a user error, and I deeply apologize for the frustration. Unfortunately, accidents do happen occasionally, but again I'm deeply sorry! I did double check to make sure all of those charges were recalled. This $75 dollar fee to cover the cost of treating the room from all the allergens when pets are present in a hotel room to ensure the room is safe for other guests. However, the additional $150 charge you received was because the room was left with a few accidents from your furry friend. Unfortunately, this causes a long process. We have to bring a specialized cleaning company to treat the room with special chemicals, and the room has to be taken out of inventory for three days in order for the chemicals to cure and the ensure safe environment for our guests. The $150 costs does not cover the treatment, or lack of inventory for 3 days.

In regards to your transportation. If you would like I can provide you with our shuttles phone number, and the shuttle that takes you out of the airport to make your traveling easier. It is important our guests know that the Grapevine shuttle is offered to our guest 7 days a week to go off property, and explore the local area. In addition, our parking is free, but you must make sure to get your ticket validated at the front desk.

I'm sorry that you didn't love the restaurant, what can we include to make your experience a great one? We do offer items like grassfed burgers, gluten free options etc. However, if you don't like the options we have here you can take the Off Premise Shuttle to Grapevine, and they have too many delicious restaurants to count!

Maher Jallad
Director of Rooms

If you would like to discuss further in detail my email is maher.jallad@hyatt.com.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dallas
Grand Hyatt DFW
#2 of 203 in Dallas
Downtown Dallas
#22 of 203 in Dallas
Hyatt Place DFW
#1 of 8 in Euless

Been to Hyatt Regency DFW? Share your experiences!