“Great Hotel - bad location”
Review of Hyatt Regency DFW

Hyatt Regency DFW
Ranked #27 of 204 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great Hotel - bad location”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is an airport hotel that is beautiful, customer friendly and updated. They bend over backwards to make your stay pleasant. The breakfast buffet for $17.50 pp is fabulous!

However, the location of the airport and construction on EVERY highway that it connects too was just too much of headache to deal with. Plus the traffic is outrageously hectic. May consider elsewhere if traveling outside the airport area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Armidale, Australia
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The room smelt of sewage and had a small window overlooking a carpark. OK it's at the airport but at least a nice large window would let in more light. The reception staff didn't know what the minimum check-in times at the airport were. Huh?! Overall, the staff were not particularly helpful or friendly. Gym was tiny. The breakfast was good though. I would avoid in future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HyattDallasDFWPR, General Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for your review and comments. We greatly appreciate your feedback and will use it to improve our service. We hope you will join us again should your travel plans bring you to the DFW area in the future.

Ajijic, Mexico
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Recently stayed overnight in DFW returning home from Europe. I felt the hotel was the perfect location, right there at the airport. It is modern, and has all of the features one would expect of a Hyatt Regency. My only complaint, and it is a big one, is the size of the bathroom and complete lack of counter space in our bathroom (perhaps they are not all like this). The tiny space had to be shared with the courtesy coffee maker. The room itself was large.
Staff of hotel and courtesy shuttle were kind and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Wilmington,DE
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Had to check in to this hotel at midnight due to .....cancelled flight of course. The front desk was efficient and very welcoming and accommodating. I was provided with a quiet room and offered a free selection of toiletries to make my stay (without luggage) easier. Well done!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HyattDallasDFWPR, General Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
We're delighted that we helped make your unexpected stay a pleasant one and thank you for your review. We will certainly share your compliments with our associates. Should your future travel needs bring you to the DFW area, we hope you will stay with us again!

Allen, Texas
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed here overnight to complete our anniversary weekend celebration, and I can honestly say that this was one of the best hotels that we've stayed at so far. It was clearly newly remodeled, which was a plus for me since it has a new contemporary style. We ended up with just an average King size bedroom on the top floor. The television was smaller that I would have expected for the Hyatt, and it wasn't HD, but it served its purpose. The bed was average, but the room was a great size. No free wifi in the room. The staff was friendly, and courteous. We received a call from Mary at the front desk to inform us that the hot water in the building was out - which was very considerate how personable they made the issue. (the water was fixed by the time we made it back from dinner)

The hotel is located in the Airport - and any non-Dallas natives may not know that DFW Airport requires you pay a toll to enter and exit. Needless to say, the overnight stay here was $20. I have a tolltag on my car, so it was automatically withdrawn from my tolltag account, but the hotel gave me a form to submit in order to get reimbursed. Typically, they give you a parking pass, so any of you out-of-towners that are looking to stay here, don't worry about the 20 bucks! :)

If you are a committed reader of my reviews, I'm sure you have already assumed that I used priceline to get this hotel and you were right! We saved about 78% on the room, and it was worth it! I'm going to rate the value "poor" - only because I wouldn't personally pay the full price that their standard price is for any hotel.

We didn't wake up early enough for breakfast, and didn't do the spa at the hotel.

Over all and all, we both enjoyed our stay here and I highly recommend!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattDallasDFWPR, General Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for your 5 Star Review and comments about our hotel and staff! We are very proud of our associates and will certainly share your appreciation with them. Should your future travel needs bring you to the DFW area again, we do hope you will stay with us again.

Tim Dant, General Manager
Monterrey
Reviewed April 17, 2013

If you are on a layover in DFW airport go to the Hyatt. We arrived in the airport on Easter Sunday 8:00 am and called the hotel shuttel, which immediately arrived. All employees were very nice. Beds and pillows excellent. Room service food was all delicious, a bit on the expensive side, but the quality was excellent. The only thing I did not like was the breakfast buffet in Jacobs Grill. Not up to par with the rest of the food we ate. We had free WiFi in our room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I got in on one of those Orbitz undisclosed hotel deals and got an amazing deal on a room here. Based on the regular price, I was expecting a lot more than I got. The hotel was nice with a great location. There were nice places to go downstairs to eat and have coffee. My surprise came when I found the TV didn't offer free standard cable (i.e. CBS, NBC, FOX, CNBC, MSNBC, etc). You could only get pay channels which would be nice if you wanted to pay $5 to watch a normally free show. I've stayed at many different hotels that are normally priced much less than this one and they all had free basic cable. There was also no mini fridge, which surprised me for the price, but wasn't a deal breaker.

If all you want is a decent room with a great location for DFW airport and you don't mind paying a premium, this hotel will work for you. Otherwise, I would suggest getting in with one of the hotels 1 or 2 miles out.

Pros:
- Location for those needing easy airport access
- Clean, comfortable room
- Clock radio with iPhone/iPod connector as well as 3.5mm cable for other music players and smart phones.

Cons:
- Normal Price
- No free TV
- No mini fridge

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your specific compliments regarding our location and hotel. We do offer complimentary standard cable channels including HBO and truly regret you were misinformed. When your travels bring you back to the Dallas / Fort Worth area, we do hope return to Hyatt Regency DFW.

Tim Dant
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dallas
Grand Hyatt DFW
#1 of 204 in Dallas
Downtown Dallas
#22 of 204 in Dallas
Hyatt Place DFW
#1 of 8 in Euless

Been to Hyatt Regency DFW? Share your experiences!