“Very nice Hotel, but expensive”
Review of Hyatt Regency DFW

Hyatt Regency DFW
Ranked #30 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I have stayed here twice and like the hotel. But, the prices are expensive, but the value is worth the price. It is very convienent to the airport. The staff is very customer service oriented. The bar and restaurant are also very good. I like the actual hotel room. Very business friendly.

Room Tip: Choose Higher room for sites for airport landings and takeoffs.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Scott B

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I have ocassion to stay at this hotel when I must overnight in DFW to accomodate a busy travel schedule. I choose this one more for its location - easy to get on the shuttle and its very close. Its clean, although my bathroom was a bit dingy but mostly clean. Since I arrival late, after 930p, and leave early 630a the next morning, its really annoying that you have to pay for Internet for 24 hours (or frankly, at all). The Internet is not new, everyone uses it and hotels should provide it at no cost. I would even be willing to pay a couple of dollars extra for the room to have free Internet. The charge feels like a money grab - fee for this, fee for that. Pretty soon these extra charges mount up and its extremely off putting.

I don't want to sit in the lobby for "free" Internet when I'm paying $200 for a nice room! Just include it and I will like this hotel more.

The shuttle drivers are the most helpful of all the staff!

Room Tip: If you want something quiet - away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Although this hotel is 30 years old, it is still in great condition. The Hyatt really looks after their hotels well. The hotel is well maintained and very clean.
The rooms are large and comfortable. Large bathroom as well. The beds are also very comfortable. Large TV (but no guide). Plenty of drawers and cupboard space.
Good iron and ironing board. Good quality bathroom products, although the towels are small. Great shower with plenty of water and water pressure and constant water temperature.
Good restaurant and bar. Solid breakfast with good omelettes and cut fruit without anything too exciting.
On the downside the internet in the hotel is slow. There is also no minibar.
I have stayed here a few times now and I always find it to be comfortable and reliable.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
HyattDallasDFWPR, General Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Thank you for your comments from a recent stay with us. We appreciate your specific compliments of our hotel, service and restaurants. We look forward to your return visit.

Rusty Macy, General Manager

Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Rooms were remodeled, beds super comfy, parking convienent, service in bar great although busy, check in and out a breeze! I wish the price was a little less for those of us not on an expense account.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank melindajirwin
HyattDallasDFWPR, General Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Thank you for your 5 Star Review and comments about our hotel! We hope you will visit us again should your future travel needs bring you to the DFW area again.

Rusty Macy, General Manager

Reviewed October 1, 2012

First, the front desk lady was very helpful in check in and out. It took me two hours of driving in circles before I finally found a construction man along side the road that informed me that I had to drive into the toll road to access the hotel! No highway signs were apparant. It was easier getting out with a map and directions from the desk lady.
For a discount rate of $110 I had a room on the 6th floor with an outside view of pure concrete that was lit up all night. The curtains allowed the light to bleed through and I kept thinking it was past sun up. Water at the sink was a pencil thin affair. The shower only has one door I believe to allow for the low water pressure. Only one slim bar of soap in the shower.
There was no luggage stand so I had to use the desk for suit cases. Also, no suit bag hooks and I had to fish out my clothes with the suit bag hanging in the closet.
The hotel did provide two bottles of drinking water with a note they would cost $2 each if used.
The remote control for the small TV I never did figure out how to use.
The hotel was a maze with no obvious directional signs to meeting rooms. I had to ask several times just where was I in this maze?
I thought there might be at least complementary coffee but what I found was Starbucks. They did provide one free cup of coffee and a pastry.
The room was neatly made but the carpet was a color that just looked unclean. Maybe it was clean, I could not tell.
All in all for a pricey hotel, I've stayed in much nicer places at less cost.

1  Thank CECBFC
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We live in the DFW area and stayed here the night before a very early flight. We have not stayed at any hotel at the DFW airport so we had no comparison. We were delighted with the easy check in. I had repurchased the room online for a cheaper rate. I expected to get a not-so-choice room with this option, but the room was great. The room looked brand new. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom spacious. We also had dinner at the hotel and had 4 options of places to dine in the lobby. We chose the lobby bar which served a great martini and had an extensive menu to choose from. The next morning we literally walked across the street to our terminal. The run shuttles to all terminals starting at 4am!

We will definitely choose this hotel again and highly suggest it for anyone needed to stay overnight at DFW airport.

1  Thank DrDivaG
Reviewed September 30, 2012

A group of friends shared 2 adjoining rooms on the 8th floor. The rooms were very spacious and the beds were comfortable. We were disappointed that there was no hot tub, and the pool was a little over-hyped. The shuttles run every 20 minutes. Overall....very nice and convenient.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dallas
Grand Hyatt DFW
#1 of 206 in Dallas
Downtown Dallas
#24 of 206 in Dallas
Hyatt Place DFW
#1 of 8 in Euless

Been to Hyatt Regency DFW? Share your experiences!