“Great airport hotel although a bit pricey!”
Review of Hyatt Regency DFW

Hyatt Regency DFW
Ranked #27 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Oklahoma City
“Great airport hotel although a bit pricey!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Rooms were remodeled, beds super comfy, parking convienent, service in bar great although busy, check in and out a breeze! I wish the price was a little less for those of us not on an expense account.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank melindajirwin
HyattDallasDFWPR, General Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for your 5 Star Review and comments about our hotel! We hope you will visit us again should your future travel needs bring you to the DFW area again.

Rusty Macy, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Palestine, TX
Reviewed October 1, 2012

First, the front desk lady was very helpful in check in and out. It took me two hours of driving in circles before I finally found a construction man along side the road that informed me that I had to drive into the toll road to access the hotel! No highway signs were apparant. It was easier getting out with a map and directions from the desk lady.
For a discount rate of $110 I had a room on the 6th floor with an outside view of pure concrete that was lit up all night. The curtains allowed the light to bleed through and I kept thinking it was past sun up. Water at the sink was a pencil thin affair. The shower only has one door I believe to allow for the low water pressure. Only one slim bar of soap in the shower.
There was no luggage stand so I had to use the desk for suit cases. Also, no suit bag hooks and I had to fish out my clothes with the suit bag hanging in the closet.
The hotel did provide two bottles of drinking water with a note they would cost $2 each if used.
The remote control for the small TV I never did figure out how to use.
The hotel was a maze with no obvious directional signs to meeting rooms. I had to ask several times just where was I in this maze?
I thought there might be at least complementary coffee but what I found was Starbucks. They did provide one free cup of coffee and a pastry.
The room was neatly made but the carpet was a color that just looked unclean. Maybe it was clean, I could not tell.
All in all for a pricey hotel, I've stayed in much nicer places at less cost.

1 Thank CECBFC
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We live in the DFW area and stayed here the night before a very early flight. We have not stayed at any hotel at the DFW airport so we had no comparison. We were delighted with the easy check in. I had repurchased the room online for a cheaper rate. I expected to get a not-so-choice room with this option, but the room was great. The room looked brand new. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom spacious. We also had dinner at the hotel and had 4 options of places to dine in the lobby. We chose the lobby bar which served a great martini and had an extensive menu to choose from. The next morning we literally walked across the street to our terminal. The run shuttles to all terminals starting at 4am!

We will definitely choose this hotel again and highly suggest it for anyone needed to stay overnight at DFW airport.

1 Thank DrDivaG
Minneapolis
Reviewed September 30, 2012

A group of friends shared 2 adjoining rooms on the 8th floor. The rooms were very spacious and the beds were comfortable. We were disappointed that there was no hot tub, and the pool was a little over-hyped. The shuttles run every 20 minutes. Overall....very nice and convenient.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

This is the second time I have had to layover at DFW - the Hyatt is great. The rooms are large and quiet. Staff is friendly and the shuttle service has extensive service. I just wish they had an early morning option for breakfast - 6am flights can be difficult without caffeine.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Stuart,Fl
Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

If you need a room for the night while passing through DFW, there is no better choice. I am currently staying here as I write this review. I cannot think of one thing not to like about the Hyatt DFW.

The hotel is elegant yet comfortable and beautifully appointed. The staff is exceptional every time I've stayed here. The location for road warriors cannot be beat. I arrived at gate C24 and walked to the hotel in less than 10 minutes. I would also recommend it for anyone needing a hotel centrally located for longer stays.

In my line of work, I really value comfort and cleanliness in a hotel. Anything above and beyond those are icing on the cake. The Hyatt provides a lot of icing for me.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank katencam
Thank you for your comments from a recent stay with us. We appreciate your compliments regarding our hotel! We do not recommend walking through the parking garage with luggage due to multiple stairways. The hotel offers complimentary shuttle service, which runs every 20 minutes, for all travelers to the airport terminals. From the airport, simply use the touch screens in baggage claim to access the hotel and a shuttle is dispatched immediately. We look forward to serving you again.

richmond, va
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Had a wonderful stay here last weekend. Parking is validated so you don't have to worry about the airport toll, and the hotel is within walking distance of terminal C (which connects to the in-airport train).

Room was clean, well kept, reasonably priced and everything that would be expected from a Hyatt Regency. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Higher floors have balconies where you can watch the planes land on the runway.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HyattDallasDFWPR, General Manager at Hyatt Regency DFW, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for your five star review. We truly appreciate your feedback and assure you that your comments will be passed along. We do not recommend walking through the parking garage with luggage due to multiple stairways. The hotel offers complimentary shuttle service for all travelers to and from airport terminals. From the airport, simply use the touch screens in baggage claim to access the hotel and a shuttle is dispatched immediately. Shuttles depart the hotel for airport terminals every 20 minutes. Thank you again for your comments, we look forward to serving you in the future!

Rusty Macy, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dallas
Grand Hyatt DFW
#2 of 203 in Dallas
Hyatt Place DFW
#1 of 8 in Euless
Downtown Dallas
#21 of 203 in Dallas

Been to Hyatt Regency DFW? Share your experiences!