“Great Deck the Halls exhibit and loved the museum”
Review of Old Red Museum

Old Red Museum
Ranked #22 of 238 things to do in Dallas
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Dedicated to the cultural, economic, political and social history of Dallas County, this museum is housed in the beautifully Old Red Courthouse.
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Deck the Halls exhibit and loved the museum”
Reviewed January 26, 2011

Went to The Old Red Museum Deck the Halls holiday exhibit. The exhibit was great and the trees were beautiful, I voted for my favorite tree and after decided to go though the rest of the museum. This museum is a real surprise, it has huge interactive theaters and some of the best displays I've seen. You find out so much about the North Texas area in the various galleries. Even better is the building itself, it's truly something to see. I looks like a beautiful castle outside and inside too. The price was very inexpensive, and since they're open every day it's a great place to go and take the kids. I loved this museum and will visit again.

Visited December 2010

• Thai first
Magnolia, Texas
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 150 helpful votes
“Interesting, but skimpy exhibits”
Reviewed December 15, 2010

I had the whole museum to myself, so I had a chance to linger at the exhibits. I wanted to learn more about the history of Dallas, but there was not enough information displayed to make any sense of the exhibits. You can take pictures, which was a surprise. If I hadn't looked at the brochure, I would have missed some gems due to the confusing layout. Don't miss the handcuffs Oswald was wearing when Jack Ruby gunned him down and Clyde Barrow's gun. Discount admission for seniors is $6. Neat old building.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Memories”
Reviewed June 28, 2010

My mother,Lillie V. Brown, worked for the State Dept. of Public Welfare on the 2nd floor of The Old Red Courthouse for 36 years. I use to get out of school in the 50's and take the street car down town and see her at work. It was quite a building then and I am glad it is still with us. Joe Hardin Brown joehardinbrown@sbcglobal.net

1 Thank joehardinbrown
Detroit
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Interesting...”
Reviewed February 10, 2010

Since it was my first trip to Dallas I'm glad I took the time to come here. While I was there they had a special photo display set up on the first floor with some amazing pictures. If you are spending the afternoon downtown I would recommend stopping in.

1 Thank eens0046
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“good pictures”
Reviewed July 11, 2009

These are good pictures. I took one I've never seen before. It includes the Old Red Courthouse with Reunion Tower in the background. See what you think of it.

John Stanley
jcs7450@hotmail.com

3 Thank dolman01

Been to Old Red Museum? Share your experiences!